Iran

Discuss rumors and ideas here!
Jedi Liz

Iran

Postby Jedi Liz » Mon May 08, 2006 7:28 pm

ok, so along the lines of the Oprah suggestion, this is just an interest of mine that the show could give some attention to. Have a show addressing the fact that the US pretty blatantly ousted Iran's democratically elected Prime Minister back in the 50s, and installed a US-friendly dictator. Talk about Democracy on the march. Marching it out of town, more like. The tricky part would be whether or not to say it was really obviously a matter of protecting oil interests from communist threat, since it happened in the midst of a proposal to nationalize Iran's oil.

Basically, when something in history is really central to the mindset of one country and the other country doesn't even remember it happened, there's gonna be fighting.

The ep could also bring to light that Iranians are not really Arabs. They speak Persian. Maybe also that the hight of Iranian student protesting in 2004 would make Cartman think it's a hippy country. :D Heh, maybe there's a Persian kid with a time machine or something.
Zhang the Chang

Postby Zhang the Chang » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:55 pm

I'm a persian kid with a time machine...except for the part about the time machine
danielprive6

Postby danielprive6 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:59 pm

um i didnt read your idea

Return to “Episode Speculation”