South Park Episode Idea- "It's a bum's life"

Discuss rumors and ideas here!
christopher_t_tran

South Park Episode Idea- "It's a bum's life"

Postby christopher_t_tran » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:50 am

Hey everyone, this is my idea for an episode of South Park. I tried to make the ideas like those on the show, reflecting something relevant to today's news, but at the same time making it farfetched. Anyways, tell me what you think (I tried to add details to show how I pictured the episode).

The episode begins with Cartman in the car with his Mom driving down the road. At the stop light, a homeless man comes to their windshield to clean the windshield. Cartman's Mom, being the nice woman that she is, gives the man a couple of dollars. Cartman asks his mother about the bum, she explains how he doesn't have a job, and just sits around all day collecting money from cars that come by. Cartman, being the opportunist that he is, realizes that this could be a big money scheme and finds the idea "bitching". He calculates his earnings of course in a childish way to show his innocence.

The next day, Cartman rips holes out of his clothes so that he can look like a bum (of course, he rips two holes in his chest to expose his nipples). He sits at the intersection, excited at the fact that he can make money doing practically nothing. A couple of cars come by, and Cartman uses his manipulative skills to earn more money.

Meanwhile, in North Korea, shows the leader and some of his men in tattered clothes. We learn that they've allocated all of their resources into building bombs (of course, those that don't work). The reason why they want to develop them is to blow up the richest areas in the world because of their jealousy. They use all of their money to make little tweaks in the bombs only to find out that they dont' work.

Back to Cartman, Stan comes driving down the street with his dad. At the stoplight, they see a bum coming to wash their windshield. Stan's reaction is his usual "Dad, let's go!". And when they see it's Cartman, Stan again has his usual reaction "what the hell?". Cartman, not realizing that it's Stan and his Dad yet, talks and tells them that his Mom was killed by crabpeopple. Stan tells him they just drove by his house and saw her, Cartman uses his usual skills to get out of the situation ("anyways, that's not important, what is is that I'm here to provide a valuable service"). After telling them of all the perks, Stan's Dad gets excited about it. Stan tells his Dad "but Dad, your a freaking geographer, you don't need to sit on the street and ask for money", but Cartman convinces him of the "luxury" life if he becomes a bum. Stan's Dad then drifts off and imagines a life of a bum (of course, he's relaxing all day, making lots of money, etc). The next day, Stan's Dad joins Cartman. As Stan makes his way to school, he finds Cartman and his Dad sitting at the intersection with tattered clothes and muddied skin.

Meanwhile, in North korea, they finally develop the bomb in which they paid for in food and clothes (all the Korean's are naked). To pick the place to bomb, they decide to randomly choose a place from all the rich countries. To decide, they then get out a map of the "rich countries of the world" in which it's a map of America and through random selection, they pick South Park.

Back in South Park, Stan and Cartman sees more and more cars telling them of the amazing life as a bum (the fact that they dont' do anything and make money for it etc). More and more people decide to do it. After a few days, we see the town full of people dressed in tattered clothes and muddied skin. Stan gives in and joins Cartman. Kenny then comes in his normal clothes (Cartman makes poor people jokes when stan asks why Kenny didn't dress up, cartman says "he doesn't need to, he's already poor dumbass"). Kyle then comes and Cartman tells him he can't because he's Jewish and already rich (he makes lots of Jewish references, etc.). The process is a snowball to the point where everyone in South Park wants to become a bum and sits on the street waiting for cars. South Park, realizing that noone's making money and that there's noone running anything (all shops are closed), the town goes into chaos, people are looting etc.

When a travelling journalist comes into South park, she's chased by a mob of bums. Speeding out of the town, she calls her company about the town and they decide to make a story on it and send a newscrew.

In Korea, they decide to watch "rich American TV". They tune into the channel of the news covering South Park and see that it is a place in chaos and poverty, like themselves. They then think whether they shoudl really do it...

That's all I have so far, I know, I have to work on the finer details and the ending (of which I can't think of). Anyways, tell me what you think!
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 am

Good idea. It's one of the first episode ideas I've read that wasn't totally stupid. The Bum/Korea plot line seem kind of clever.
kittylix

Postby kittylix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:17 am

that a good idae actuly i lik it
[img:01187]http://www.imagebee.org/images/363sig.jpg[/img:01187]
danielprive6 is the dumbess fuker on earth~i maen he is stupidr than ever1 else combin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BunGeeCord

Postby BunGeeCord » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:48 am

I like that. You should make the choosing of South Park more random. Like Kim Jong Il(sp?) throws a mini-missile at the US map and the only place that doesn't burn is South Park or Colorado. Or you could have it be less random and more thought through: "South" like South Korea, the ones who are nice to us, North Koreans would hate that right? and "Park" because Kim likes parks or something.
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
~ Somerset Maugham
christopher_t_tran

Thanks

Postby christopher_t_tran » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:03 pm

Thanks guys. That's a good idea GumGeeCord. I tried to use the usual South park formula for its episodes.
Zhang the Chang

Postby Zhang the Chang » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:06 am

very nice, but stans dad is a geologist, not a geographer
Zhang the Chang
Demon_spwan

Good episode idea

Postby Demon_spwan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:18 am

U should write a fan ficrion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Butters_UK

Postby Butters_UK » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:01 pm

very cool idea. I can imagine it being an episode :D
christopher_t_tran

lol

Postby christopher_t_tran » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:07 am

maybe i should demon spawn! I actually had some other episode ideas, I'll write them down and see what ppl think
Xtrchessreal

Postby Xtrchessreal » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:21 am

I like your idea. It has a good developing storyline.

As part of the South Park action in your episode perhaps before chaos ensues just have everyone waiting around for cars. Obviously none come and then there is a competition between all the bums - as in a real open market competition where the market corrects itself. The bums of south park try various ways to gain the money for nothing by coming up with schemes and more clever scams. A corporation of bums, organized union of bums, hostile bum takeovers etc. The town turns into a well organized hippie town which makes cartman angry about his idea and then tries to make everything go back to the way it was, or just end it there with cartman cursing and whining about another good money making scheme gone bad.

I really like your premise, it can go many different ways. I would like to see this one.
Seeing the LIGHT depends on which end of the Tunnel you are heading...

Return to “Episode Speculation”