Polynesian Cultural Center

Discuss rumors and ideas here!
pwlcapricorn1

Polynesian Cultural Center

Postby pwlcapricorn1 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:25 am

Hi South Park,

Just a quick idea for an episode. I just got back from Hawaii (Honolulu). I went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. It’s advertised everywhere on the island as the place to go to experience the history of Polynesian cultures in the pacific region. What they don’t tell you until you’re there (in the middle of nowhere) is that it’s owned and operated by the Mormons (BYU). They claim that the center benefits the local Polynesians in the region by providing tuition aid when the students work at the center. 90% of the workers at the center are BYU students (grunt-workers). The center makes tons of money off of the backs of the poly-students. The students though they get an education, still get the short end of the stick, while the center rakes in millions of dollars a year. I think it’s an exploitation of the students to help bank-roll their religion, while at the same time insulting and cleansing the cultural heritage of the Polynesians of the pacific. I think it’s time for the South Park gang to take a vacation in Hawaii, and visit the Polynesian Cultural Center. Thanks, Patrick
NauaCaos

Postby NauaCaos » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:47 am

Thats f*cked up, a little to political though.
(¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø°`)
(`¤ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸ø¤°`°¤ø,¸)
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:23 am

A hawaii episode would be killer with the boys dressed in hawaiian shirts and hats. And Fatass would probably try to have Kyle sacrificed by throwing him into a volcano.
pwlcapricorn1

Postby pwlcapricorn1 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:50 pm

I like where your going with the volcano. Funny!
MonkeyFishFrog

Postby MonkeyFishFrog » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:54 pm

Unhooded Kenny wrote:A hawaii episode would be killer with the boys dressed in hawaiian shirts and hats. And Fatass would probably try to have Kyle sacrificed by throwing him into a volcano.

Haha, that's so Cartman.
"I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."
haggin13

Postby haggin13 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:37 am

the only problem with that is that the center isn't well enough known for people to understand it and laugh at it. maybe after a news story on a major station came out they could make an episode on it
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:01 am

Anyone know that the Hawaiian alphabet is limited to a mere 12 letters. Any Hawaiian place name or thing is made up of any of these letters: A, E, H, I, K, L, M, N, O, P, U, W. Just something I noticed.

Maybe we'll get a Hawaiian episode for 1014. I doubt it though.
pwlcapricorn1

Postby pwlcapricorn1 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:47 pm

They could make a running joke out of the alphabet. I could not pronounce one street name while I was there.

Return to “Episode Speculation”