Episode about VT

Discuss rumors and ideas here!
magic13mike

Episode about VT

Postby magic13mike » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:58 am

Lets have fun with a little over/under. I give it a month before we have an episode about gun control and the VT shooting. I think it takes them two weeks to create the episode. So I will be nice and say episode 1109 will be about it.

Who thinks we will get an episode about it and how long do you think it will take?
Screw you guys...I'm goin' home!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:13 am

Here's hoping they DON'T. There are just some things that should never be used as references for other jokes, and this is definitely one of them.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:29 am

Ten bucks says they'll never do anything.
thizzlefurly

Postby thizzlefurly » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:30 am

I would not have a problem with the creators actually twisting a saturnine event to something that we could laugh at. That is the point of the show, which is to have the audience take a different stance of serious topics with issues that have fictional events in the program.
Thizz or Die!
magic13mike

Postby magic13mike » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:02 pm

BRMBug wrote:Ten bucks says they'll never do anything.

They'll do something on gun control. You know that is going to be the topic on politicians lips all the way through election, because of this event. So they are destined to do a gun control episode in the next half.
Screw you guys...I'm goin' home!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:14 pm

The first run of the season ends after the episode, so it'd have run out of current event momentum by October. But, Gun Control and School Shootings are debates in America, so an episode about those issues may include references to it.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Deathclaw

Postby Deathclaw » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:50 pm

I think they'll quickly sneak it into NotLM.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:55 pm

I don't see how/why though. It'd be inserting an event for pure shock. This is a tragedy and if jokes were made about it even I would get pissed.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:20 pm

Technically they could do an episode indirectly related to this, by mocking the so-called Zero Tolerance policies that a lot of schools have put into place in response to school shootings. Students have been suspended for stupid reasons, such as having butter knives in their packed lunches, getting their picture taken in front of an antique howitzer (because it's a gun) and for what they write or draw in their free time. The statistical fact remains that schools are still among the safest places you can be. The reason so much attention is focused on school shootings is not because they're happening everywhere, but precisely because they're such a rare and shocking occurrence.

Something like this was already done in the episode "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy" when Cartman became hall monitor, though.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:56 pm

It’s way too soon. Wait a few years at least. It may not affect you or me that much, but we do need to take into consideration how those who were there and/or greatly affected by it may feel. This isn't just another random Gorge W. Bush fuckup, after all.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
drewshack

Re: Episode about VT

Postby drewshack » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:03 am

magic13mike wrote:Lets have fun with a little over/under. I give it a month before we have an episode about gun control and the VT shooting. I think it takes them two weeks to create the episode. So I will be nice and say episode 1109 will be about it.

Who thinks we will get an episode about it and how long do you think it will take?

You do realize that after this week they'll be going on a 6-month break, right?

Besides, everyone knows they create the episodes in under a week.
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:24 am

I could actually see them pulling off a Columbine parody at the end of season 12, if they decide that will be their last season. This would result in the vast majority of characters killed and the show coming to a close.

Perhaps something similar to the fan fic "The South Park School Massacre"
--------------------

Thrawny
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:31 am

I can imagine Kyle holding the gun for always getting bashed for being a jew. And cartman going to the hospital. But i can't imagine an episode like that. But then again, it's south park.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:28 pm

I have no idea why they would want to make an ep about this massacre. They didn't make one about Columbine. What would be the point?

Closing the shorter thread.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Episode Speculation”