Do you like Stan/Kyle slash?

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:20 pm

Once again agreeing with kfgg and Jen.

Frankly, if you want to debate against slash, don't use stereotypes of it to attempt to make a point, and actually know something about the subject. A bunch of people came in assuming that the ages were never upped and there was always sex written in, which is hardly true. Know your subject, eh?
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:35 pm

Okay, okay. So if I watch a movie where someone shoots someone else, I am then going to go out and buy a gun and shoot someone. And if I write about someone murdering someone else, that means that I am going to go out and kill someone.

That logic fails. Just because you've seen something and enjoyed said media, does NOT mean you are going to emulate it. That goes for a lot of different situations, sexual, violent, legal, illegal or whatever.

You also CONTINUE, Cedric Digsby, to assume that we are all writing about nine year old boys doing eachother up the butt. While I have written a piece of smut (which, honestly, in that particular story, the sex is the LEAST of the deviant topics), I much prefer cute, fluffy, dripping-with-disgusting-adorableness stories about boys cuddling and being boyfriends.

YES, the boys are young in the show. If you want to talk about morals, than you should be pissing and moaning at Matt and Trey for sexualizing their own young characters, if even in jest. At least we go out of our way to make it a little more...legal.

This does not belong in Hot Topics, as this is discussing the show in a less-than-spamming manner. I've seen plenty of other topics here that are allowed to stay, that are far less mentally stimulating, AND have far less to do with the show.
CabbageCandy

Postby CabbageCandy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:40 pm

Yes, that is very true! If a person were to get off on 8 yearold Stan/Kyle, that's just creepy and sick, but for a bunch of teenagers to make them adolencenes and write stories about them finding true love and all that sappy crap when they're in highschool, who the hell cares?:roll: No ones getting hurt in the proccess or scarred for life considering most stories even say "Warning, this is slash," so if someone wants to read stuff like that what buissness is it of anyone elses?
~The poster formaly known as Mrs. Eff~
(member since Sept. of 2004)
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:51 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
Cedric Digsby wrote:Hence I remain repulsed by those of you who write, post and fantasize about child sex. It's wrong [see Nambla episode].

Good for you, pedos are disgusting creeps that should, at minimum, be put into jail for the rest of their lives. However, no one here is one, so you're completely off base. No one here (at least that I know of) is sitting around jerking it to explicit fics of an 8-year old Stan and Kyle. As it's been said before, smut does exist, but not every single slash fic is smut. The vast majority is just mushy stuff written by 14-year old girls, nothing hardcore.

Too true. Seriously, you don't see 14-year-old girls watching little boys cavorting naked in front of their video cameras. If all slash authors/artists were perverts or pedophiles, I'm guessing half the fandom community would be serving time in prison right now.

Believe me, Matt and Trey have probably done worse to some of the kids in the show than most slash authors have ever done in their fanfics.
MannequinOFolly

WTF?!

Postby MannequinOFolly » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:03 am

i was scrolling through the posts, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, i see "who likes stan/kyle?"
people, these are damn 9 year olds we're talkin about here.
south park is the best show on tv, but when u become so obsessed with it that u start fantasizing about stan/kyle?!

i will admit, however, that the thought of stan/kyle had popped into my head (at about 4:00 am), after watching the one where kyle has liver failure too many times. (that ep is bloody hilarious)
P.S. stan/kyle is probably most realistic if u all want to know, im not saying thats what it should be or is, but if there were a pairing, then stan/kyle would be it.

If you're born once, you die twice.
If you're born twice, you die once.
iceiwynd

Re: WTF?!

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:33 pm

MannequinOFolly wrote:people, these are damn 9 year olds we're talkin about here.

How about actually reading through the thread instead of popping in posting on stupid, simple thought that has already been discussed and covered?

MannequinOFolly wrote:south park is the best show on tv, but when you become so obsessed with it that you start fantasizing about stan/kyle?!

i will admit, however, that the thought of stan/kyle had popped into my head (at about 4:00 am)

Then I guess that you're that obsessed.
kenny_mccormick_kicks_ass

Postby kenny_mccormick_kicks_ass » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:19 pm

i no this is off topic but does any1 no were kenny got hs blone hair from? :unhoodedkenny:
MannequinOFolly

i know what i'm talking about

Postby MannequinOFolly » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:34 pm

first of all these ARE damn 9 year olds, do u not watch the show?!
second of all, it doesnt matter how much u age them, whether theyre 17 or 89, its still feels wierd.

however, u have a point in saying that simple romance isn't harmful, its smut that i cant stand, and smut is in quite a few of these "slashes".
u also have a point in saying mat and trey have perverted these characters more then any slash writer can.

also, i am somewhat obsessed, (u can tell, as i dont spend time on any forums and i am on a south park forum) but not obsessed enough to write fanfics about it. and when i say i was up at 4:00 am watching south park, that doesnt mean i was watching south park all day, i was sometimes either up late from getting home from a road trip and wanted to watch some adult swim or wanted to play some xbox, or i was up late from maybe going to a late movie, or whatever, and then watching a little south park on my ipod, not watching all day and night.

also, the reason i seemed somewhat split/hypocritical in my first reply is because i always try to make points on both sides of the argument, because i almost always have reasons/points supporting both sides in my mind, and i like to not feel like i'm in denial by not telling the other half of my mind/my doubts.

everyone has hobbies, passions, something they do in their spare time, if u all enjoy writing fanfics to whatever, then thats what u like to do, to each his own. if i pissed u off, then thats what opinions are: something that will piss off those who dont agree with them, and i and others shall continue to state our opinions, as this is a forum, and thats what forums are for, stating opinions, WHETHER OR NOT U AGREE WITH THEM.
Last edited by MannequinOFolly on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MannequinOFolly

Postby MannequinOFolly » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:37 pm

also, i did read through the thread, and found that people are split both ways on this.

CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:00 pm

Hey! Your stealing my 'still feels weird' line! :shock:

Bah humbag. This thread should die, man. None of us are backing down from each other...
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:29 pm

All right time to uproot the slippery slope fallacy that seems to be coming up in every other post.

For the record Matt and Trey have already put the 9 year old characters in relationships with one another. Stan was with Wendy for 7 seasons. Kyle had a fling with Bebe and later with Rebecca. Cartman and Wendy were together briefly. And Kenny had Kelly. With that in mind...

Do you really think that those pairings automatically implied that the 9 year old children were having heterosexual sex with each other? When you saw Stan and Wendy together, would it have been fair to assume that he was screwing around with her? Hell no! Why is it that some people, when they hear of a same sex couple, always have to picture how they would look in bed? Do you do the same with opposite sex couples? Is love a completely inseperable concept from sexual intimacy?

But hey, I guess if a fanfic author says that two teenage boys love each other, they MUST be doing each other up the butt when we're not looking right?
MannequinOFolly

not me

Postby MannequinOFolly » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:52 am

"But hey, I guess if a fanfic author says that two teenage boys love each other, they MUST be doing each other up the butt when we're not looking right?"

i for one do not think that, personally, i have nothing wrong with simple romance, whether homosexual or heterosexual.
its the fact that 9 year olds (even though this is unfortunately happening in elementary schools, along with severe bully-violence and heavy swearing) shouldnt be involved in any kind of romantic relationship, they lack the maturity to handle sort of things. and if any of us would think that in the first place, it is because a little over half of fanfiction on the web is smut (in case u haven't noticed, there are a lot of deranged people on the internet), and so we automatically think "oh no, some more sickos writing more disguting crap" (first impression 4 a lot of us) however, if and when we do take the time and actually check up on the fics, we'd probably find that for this thing there probably would be a ton of non-dirty fics.

if u decide to age them (stan and kyle, or whoever), i suppose theres probably nothing wrong with that, it just seems to me(this is my opinion) a little weird reading unofficial romantic stories about characters that i have grown to like. if u like this then good 4 u, thats your personal preferance and your right as an individual.

iceiwynd

Re: not me

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:07 am

MannequinOFolly wrote:its the fact that 9 year olds (even though this is unfortunately happening in elementary schools, along with severe bully-violence and heavy swearing) shouldnt be involved in any kind of romantic relationship, they lack the maturity to handle sort of things.

Half the time, while the South Park kids may be nine physically, they are certainly not nine mentally. And really a lot of the time they're just vessels for adults in nine-year-old bodies. In the earlier seasons, they acted much more like kids, however, recently they've hardly been that, except for a few episodes or jokes.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:45 am

Well in the early seasons they were 8.

They'd be 17-18 right about now if it was real. So I guess you can say they are mentally getting older while not having to really grow up and screw the show up.
Stan and Kyle :)
Oneirogenic

Re: not me

Postby Oneirogenic » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:45 pm

MannequinOFolly wrote:i for one do not think that, personally, i have nothing wrong with simple romance, whether homosexual or heterosexual.
its the fact that 9 year olds (even though this is unfortunately happening in elementary schools, along with severe bully-violence and heavy swearing) shouldnt be involved in any kind of romantic relationship, they lack the maturity to handle sort of things.

The way people become stronger and more mature is by making mistakes. Children are NOT going to gain relationship skills (romance when you're that age is a glorified friendship) if they're not given the chance to have them. That's like saying a child shouldn't be allowed friends because friends can potentially hurt them.

and if any of us would think that in the first place, it is because a little over half of fanfiction on the web is smut (in case you haven't noticed, there are a lot of deranged people on the internet), and so we automatically think "oh no, some more sickos writing more disguting crap" (first impression 4 a lot of us) however, if and when we do take the time and actually check up on the fics, we'd probably find that for this thing there probably would be a ton of non-dirty fics.

Well, are the assumptions our fault or yours? Again, people take a group who is not us, and assume that because we enjoy something similar we are in that group. I'd compare it to racial stereotyping, but that'd just be too easy. Do people NOT realize that assuming stuff before knowing who you're judging is just really f*cking dumb?

if you decide to age them (stan and kyle, or whoever), i suppose theres probably nothing wrong with that, it just seems to me(this is my opinion) a little weird reading unofficial romantic stories about characters that i have grown to like. if you like this then good 4 you, thats your personal preferance and your right as an individual.

That's all we ask, since we don't expect you to like what we do. I probably don't like a lot of things you do, and I'm not going to condemn you for it, so I expect the same. :3

And, to CartmanMills, what the hell are we threatening of yours that we shouldn't have a place to discuss an aspect of a show that we enjoy? Do you think that the "Should Wendy and Stan get back together" thread needs to die as well?

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”