Do you like Stan/Kyle slash?

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

Oneirogenic
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:26 pm

Re: not me

Postby Oneirogenic » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:45 pm

MannequinOFolly wrote:i for one do not think that, personally, i have nothing wrong with simple romance, whether homosexual or heterosexual.
its the fact that 9 year olds (even though this is unfortunately happening in elementary schools, along with severe bully-violence and heavy swearing) shouldnt be involved in any kind of romantic relationship, they lack the maturity to handle sort of things.

The way people become stronger and more mature is by making mistakes. Children are NOT going to gain relationship skills (romance when you're that age is a glorified friendship) if they're not given the chance to have them. That's like saying a child shouldn't be allowed friends because friends can potentially hurt them.

and if any of us would think that in the first place, it is because a little over half of fanfiction on the web is smut (in case you haven't noticed, there are a lot of deranged people on the internet), and so we automatically think "oh no, some more sickos writing more disguting crap" (first impression 4 a lot of us) however, if and when we do take the time and actually check up on the fics, we'd probably find that for this thing there probably would be a ton of non-dirty fics.

Well, are the assumptions our fault or yours? Again, people take a group who is not us, and assume that because we enjoy something similar we are in that group. I'd compare it to racial stereotyping, but that'd just be too easy. Do people NOT realize that assuming stuff before knowing who you're judging is just really f*cking dumb?

if you decide to age them (stan and kyle, or whoever), i suppose theres probably nothing wrong with that, it just seems to me(this is my opinion) a little weird reading unofficial romantic stories about characters that i have grown to like. if you like this then good 4 you, thats your personal preferance and your right as an individual.

That's all we ask, since we don't expect you to like what we do. I probably don't like a lot of things you do, and I'm not going to condemn you for it, so I expect the same. :3


And, to CartmanMills, what the hell are we threatening of yours that we shouldn't have a place to discuss an aspect of a show that we enjoy? Do you think that the "Should Wendy and Stan get back together" thread needs to die as well?
alloutmo
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:13 pm

Postby alloutmo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:27 pm

i like them as fa fa fa friends
kenny_is_hot
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:00 pm

Postby kenny_is_hot » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:52 pm

I think that Stan and Kyle would make the best couple E-V-E-R. I have always thought that, and thats why in a lot of my FanFictions, they are together. There is no more perfect of a couple than Stan Marsh and Kyle Broflovski. They were made for each other. Seriously.
Image
*** I love Kenny! Kenny is my god... ***
Tweeks_Coffee
Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:14 pm

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:58 pm

kenny_is_hot wrote:There is no more perfect of a couple than Stan Marsh and Kyle Broflovski. They were made for each other. Seriously.


Well duh, they're written to be the bestest friends ever. :P

Indeed, there are several groups of fanficiton writers, not even mentioning all the different shows. In fact that's a pretty good example of what Oneirogenic was talking about. Grouping people that write the smut and those that write the slash is like grouping two shows fandoms together. There are similarites, like writing fictional stories about someone else's fictional characters. That doesn't meanthat we're writing the same thing though. I wouldn't expect an FMA fic to have any resemblance to a South Park fic.
Image
iceiwynd
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 am

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:01 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:I wouldn't expect an FMA fic to have any resemblance to a South Park fic.


Oddly enough, a while ago I was talking to an (off forum) friend, and she managed to come up with a good idea for a FMA-SP crossover fic that actually made sense.

But yeah: When you base your argument all off of assupmtions, you're not going to get very far.
Athena1999
Posts: 2492
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:08 am

Postby Athena1999 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:14 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
kenny_is_hot wrote:There is no more perfect of a couple than Stan Marsh and Kyle Broflovski. They were made for each other. Seriously.


Well duh, they're written to be the bestest friends ever. :P

Indeed, there are several groups of fanficiton writers, not even mentioning all the different shows. In fact that's a pretty good example of what Oneirogenic was talking about.


Exactly. Every fandom has its own variety of fan fiction authors, including slashers. Somewhere out there, there has to be a slash pairing in the mind of at least one of every show's viewers.

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:Grouping people that write the smut and those that write the slash is like grouping two shows fandoms together. There are similarites, like writing fictional stories about someone else's fictional characters. That doesn't meanthat we're writing the same thing though. I wouldn't expect an FMA fic to have any resemblance to a South Park fic.


That I'd have to disagree on. I'm pretty sure that every fandom, from FMA to South Park, has had to have a few plot duplications, particularly PWP's, which have no plot at all. Of course, SP and FMA have different characters, and the characterization is what distinguishes slashers from smut writers.

Now, don't jump to conclusions and assume that I spend every waking hour reading smut, but I know enough to know that most smut is nothing more than placing 2+ characters in an explicit sex scene with no resemblance to the characters themselves except their names. (of course, there can be exceptions.)

The majority of slash fics, on the other hand, actually draw more on the characterization and how they would interact with others in the show. The ages do make a difference, because the characters could have changed both physically and emotionally according to the author's fanon. Also, they tend to not rely on sex scenes or draw too much attention to them.

So... yeah. If you don't agree with what I posted, let's just agree to disagree instead of starting a total flame-war.
Image
kfgg
Posts: 3117
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Postby kfgg » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:32 am

Just to stay on the Stan & Kyle subject:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5193 ... yleyv1.jpg

Show that to anybody who doesn't know anything about slash or anything related to it and what do you think they'd have to say?
Stan and Kyle :)
Oneirogenic
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:26 pm

Postby Oneirogenic » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:47 pm

kfgg wrote:Just to stay on the Stan & Kyle subject:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5193 ... yleyv1.jpg

Show that to anybody who doesn't know anything about slash or anything related to it and what do you think they'd have to say?

XD Well. That right there is PRETTY damn gay. *roffles*
Bunneh
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:17 am

Postby Bunneh » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:12 am

.......

Okay, I LOOOVE it. :twisted:

I can't get enough.

I write some myself. :D
Athena1999
Posts: 2492
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:08 am

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:34 am

kfgg wrote:Just to stay on the Stan & Kyle subject:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5193 ... yleyv1.jpg

Show that to anybody who doesn't know anything about slash or anything related to it and what do you think they'd have to say?


They'd probably say "Stan and Kyle are gay? I knew it!"

But seriously, SP is an open book of interpretation for slashers.
Image
MannequinOFolly
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:11 am

get off my ass

Postby MannequinOFolly » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:56 am

first of all, this thread should die,( i dont even know why i am even posting this anyway, however i knew someone would misinterpret something i said) but when i said "romance" i dont mean friendship is bad i mean people getting in ROMANTIC relationships, bloody hell, get the definition right!!!!!

my last reply i tried to make everybody happy, as whatever i post people start trashing me, but since that didnt work i'm going to say this: i've stated my opinion, dont call me a f**king idiot because of it if u dont believe it, so get off my ass.

(i dont want anyone posting anything quoting me on this, because im not gonna post on this pitiful excuse for a thread/topic anymore to defend my "opinionated" point of view, so i apologize should i have offend(ed) anyone, as im done with this thread).
Image

If you're born once, you die twice.
If you're born twice, you die once.
Oneirogenic
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:26 pm

Re: get off my ass

Postby Oneirogenic » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:26 am

MannequinOFolly wrote:first of all, this thread should die,( i dont even know why i am even posting this anyway, however i knew someone would misinterpret something i said) but when i said "romance" i dont mean friendship is bad i mean people getting in ROMANTIC relationships, bloody hell, get the definition right!!!!!

- This thread does not need to die just because you can't handle us talking about the subject matter. In case you haven't noticed, there are opinions of all kinds in the world, and even though it sucks sometimes, we're all entitled to them.

- You need to express yourself better if you know you are going to be misinterpreted. Also, you seem to have missed MY point. I was comparing it to saying that friendship can also be detrimental as imaturity in relationships leads to emotional pain. We don't want children in romantic situations because they aren't mature enough to handle it, but considering it's never more than a glorified friendship, I don't see the problem.

my last reply i tried to make everybody happy, as whatever i post people start trashing me, but since that didnt work i'm going to say this: i've stated my opinion, dont call me a f**king idiot because of it if you dont believe it, so get off my ass.

- It's not a matter of making people happy. You gave me a reason to debate you, and that's what I've done. I'm not trashing you, I'm just pointing out the flaws in your reasoning.

-I wasn't calling you personally an idiot. I just think that judging people without knowing them makes you look like an ass, regarless of how smart or wellspoken you are.

(i dont want anyone posting anything quoting me on this,

:[ Too late.

[quote]because I'm not gonna post on this pitiful excuse for a thread/topic anymore to defend my "opinionated" point of view, so i apologize should i have offend(ed) anyone, as I'm done with this thread).[/quote]
;D Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, honey. ♥

Now, where were we? Ah yes. Stan and Kyle. Gayer than christmas and a good bit more queer. : D It's all good.
kfgg
Posts: 3117
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Postby kfgg » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:32 am

I still don't see why there's so much arguing over it.
Stan and Kyle :)
Oneirogenic
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:26 pm

Postby Oneirogenic » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:41 am

XD I love arguing on the internets. Especially when I, quite frankly, think the other person has flawed logic.

I dunno. ;D Debate is fun and I like to hear my own voice far more than I should.


:[ a;sldf But I want more S/K discussion. Humm. I wonder if the second half of season 10 will have more slashybits in it.
iceiwynd
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 am

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:50 am

Oneirogenic wrote:XD I love arguing on the internets. Especially when I, quite frankly, think the other person has flawed logic.

I dunno. ;D Debate is fun and I like to hear my own voice far more than I should.


Word. :0

As for further slashybits, even if there aren't any more in season ten, that sunset thing already took the cake, so I'm happy.

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests