The BBS Fanfic Competition

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

Cartman_91

The BBS Fanfic Competition

Postby Cartman_91 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:26 am

I tried to have a BBS fic but that didn't turn out so well, but i think this could be very fun, Not a competitive competition it's just for fun

I think their should be a few categories like drama or Comedy

Let me know if you think this is a good idea and then I guess people can sign up
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:34 am

Didn't we do something like this before?
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:05 am

Yea we had fic awards not too long ago, sorry C_91
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
KyleBenoit

Postby KyleBenoit » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:15 pm

A competition sounds like a great idea. Instead of it being another awards thingy, people can compete with new stuff that they write. The new stories can be posted here or on fosff.net and...umm..........I'm not sure how to word it. Ugh! I f*cking hate when that happens!

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is, everyone who signs up writes a story in one or more of the categories:

Best Comedy
Best Romance
Best Horror
etc...

And then people can vote (we can make this a poll) as of which story is best for each category.

Well, I guess this is like the Awartds, but it wouldn't hurt to do this again. That was fun. And I wanna see what new stuff people can come up with!

EDIT NUMBER 2: We should pick three people to be the judges of this competition, so that it won't turn out the same as the Awards Thingy.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:16 pm

KyleBenoit wrote:A competition sounds like a great idea. Instead of it being another awards thingy, people can compete with new stuff that they write. The new stories can be posted here or on fosff.net and...umm..........I'm not sure how to word it. Ugh! I f*cking hate when that happens!

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is, everyone who signs up writes a story in one or more of the categories:

Best Comedy
Best Romance
Best Horror
etc...

And then people can vote (we can make this a poll) as of which story is best for each category.

Well, I guess this is like the Awartds, but it wouldn't hurt to do this again. That was fun. And I wanna see what new stuff people can come up with!

[you]EDIT NUMBER 2: We should pick three people to be the judges of this competition, so that it won't turn out the same as the Awards Thingy.[/you]
Is it ok to use an old fic? Or do we have to make a new one? I don't mind if it's new. Also what is the min/max. lenth? Would it just be one chapter or at least 5?

SPU! Join it!
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:29 pm

I nominate Nikki and James as judges! :D
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:49 pm

James... as in ME ¿James?
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:07 pm

Jay C wrote:James... as in ME ¿James?

Yeah YOU James. :lol:
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:14 pm

Awesome XD
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
ike250

Postby ike250 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:35 pm

Catergory Ideas:
Best Comedy
Best Romance
Best Horror
Best First Fan-Fic
Theeeeeeeeeen
We take the winners from all the categories and do an overall best fan-fic award :D

If I'm not talking to you, I'm on MSN.
If I am talking to you, I've been hacked.
KyleBenoit

Postby KyleBenoit » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:17 pm

ike250 wrote:Catergory Ideas:
Best Comedy
Best Romance
Best Horror
Best First Fan-Fic
Theeeeeeeeeen
We take the winners from all the categories and do an overall best fan-fic award :D

I like what you said in that last bit there. And thanks for nominating me as a judge, SJ. I think our final judge should be C91, since he's the one who came up with this idea. And KMAC, it doewsn't have to be a new fic, but it's preferable that you post new material. Well..I at least prefer that whoever goes into this posts their new material. And as for length..the story can be as long as you want.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:12 pm

I don't want this to turn into a whole competitive/ rivalry thing and get out of hand though, I just thought it would be fun to just have a friendly competition where other Fic writers can give you pointers

As for categories their should be 3 I think

Comedy

Drama

Mystery/ Horror

5 people per category

I myself would like to be in the Comedy Category but would love to judge the other 2 categories

So I guess sign up for a category
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:53 pm

This could be interesting. I guess I could sign up for Comedy, since that's the only genre I've attempted so far. Since I'm relatively new to this my first fanfic is also fairly recent. If anything this would mean I can get people to actually offer some suggestions. The thing is, I don't mind being criticized so long as it's constructive.

I would have liked to be a judge, but I just haven't read that many fanfics to have a thorough idea of what kind of standard is expected.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:04 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:This could be interesting. I guess I could sign up for Comedy, since that's the only genre I've attempted so far. Since I'm relatively new to this my first fanfic is also fairly recent. If anything this would mean I can get people to actually offer some suggestions. The thing is, I don't mind being criticized so long as it's constructive.

I would have liked to be a judge, but I just haven't read that many fanfics to have a thorough idea of what kind of standard is expected.

Yes exactly, I just started by 5th fan fic and don't have a lot of experience, maybe there shouldn't be any judges, I think people should vote on who's was the best

So for the Comedy section I'm signed up is that a yes for you to K T S
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:15 pm

I'm going to put one of my fics I'm working on in horror/mystery, but I might not get it done by the deadlines. Hopefully you accept uncomplte work.

SPU! Join it!

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”