Once Alone, Always Alone (FIRST FIC!)

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

Thrawny

Re: Once Alone, Always Alone (FIRST FIC!)

Postby Thrawny » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:51 pm

You have yourself one reader here Max.
--------------------

Thrawny
Guessed

Postby Guessed » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:50 pm

And a newbie reader over here as well. :D

Keep up the fanfickery; college can wait. Well, not really, but I want to see what happens next.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:33 am

Add another who can't wait to see more!

:D + :wink:
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:42 am

And another here! ;D
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:50 pm

:o Oh wow, I didn't realise so many people were still interested! Awesome! Thankyous.. now I'm even more inspired. ^^ *hugs for all, then gets back to writing Chapter Six*
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:43 am

I'm still dying to know what happens!!!
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
PedroBear

Postby PedroBear » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:05 am

It's alright. I mean, you're a great writer, don't get me wrong, but it's just that i don't get why it has to be so serious. Or detailed. It's south park, be goofy, funny. I don't know. The seriousness takes away what makes south park, south park.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:26 am

Add me to the list of readers!

:mrgreen:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:32 am

PedroBear wrote:It's alright. I mean, you're a great writer, don't get me wrong, but it's just that i don't get why it has to be so serious. Or detailed. It's south park, be goofy, funny. I don't know. The seriousness takes away what makes south park, south park.

Well, that's the fun of it. Don't limit yourself to what they've already done, just go with it! Just like "Artist's Renditions" of certain things, you can't expect carbon copies of characters or people. We all have our own idea of what we'd like to see them do, and these fics, or in my case Fan Art, are the best way to show others.

In the lyrics of Chef: Have an open mind.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:07 pm

Yeah. What Angus said. ^^ I think there are enough dark themes in South Park that it would make sense to explore some of the characters in a serious direction.

Damn it.. I'm really sorry about not having it done yet. :( Finals, choir rehearsals, concerts, etc. will be out of the way soon.. and I actually have four hours until my next class, so I can do some writin's. Be prepared for double-postage, quite possibly. ^^
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:23 pm

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:Yeah. What Angus said. ^^ I think there are enough dark themes in South Park that it would make sense to explore some of the characters in a serious direction.

Damn it.. I'm really sorry about not having it done yet. :( Finals, choir rehearsals, concerts, etc. will be out of the way soon.. and I actually have four hours until my next class, so I can do some writin's. Be prepared for double-postage, quite possibly. ^^

Agreed...a lot of the characters, especially the main ones, seem to have a darker side to them (take for example, Kyle from The List). It makes for some good deeper stories not typical to South Park itself.

Real life things are picking up for me, too. I have a College Algebra exam coming up on Monday, and the workload is exponentially increasing (fortunately, the Mulan musical tech week is over so I have time at night to work). I think I'll even extend the Fanfic Competition entry deadline for this reason about everyone being busy this time of year anyways...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
PedroBear

Postby PedroBear » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:58 am

Ok...well then It's just me I guess. I just feel most people get irrelevant stories to the south park universe (for example, a story that takes place in space in the future, but with a totally serious plot) and throw in south park characters and call it south park Fanfic. Like this Fanfic would make a hell of a good book, if it had it's own original characters and all. I'm probably not making any sense here, and I know none of you agree with me, but that's just how I feel.
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:57 am

PedroBear wrote:Ok...well then It's just me I guess. I just feel most people get irrelevant stories to the south park universe (for example, a story that takes place in space in the future, but with a totally serious plot) and throw in south park characters and call it south park Fanfic. Like this Fanfic would make a hell of a good book, if it had it's own original characters and all. I'm probably not making any sense here, and I know none of you agree with me, but that's just how I feel.

Stories like this one and some of the ones I'm working on focus on some of the more subtle sides of the South Park characters. I actually think slash stories are wierder then the more serious non sexual types I see floating around.
--------------------

Thrawny
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:01 pm

South Park has gone in so many directions as a show that the way I see it Fanfics of said show can go in pretty much any direction. Take a look at "Pip" and then look at "Trapped in the closet" if it weren't for the fact that they both have South Park on the title screen could you tell that they were from the same show? It we probably should move this discussion to a different thread so we don't clog up this fic.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
PedroBear

Postby PedroBear » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:55 am

Ok, I'll start a thread.

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”