New Fanfic Discussion Thread

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:21 pm

Is anyone else having problems with FOSFF? Or is that just me?
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:34 pm

Edduyasha wrote:Dang...that fails as it's based on typical soap operas... I've seen better stuff on American TV (and I hate most of it anyways, the Canadian-Chinese stuff we get is so much better and deeper...and more dramatic and stuff...)

What an epic failure to the world of fanfics...

:o

Thats because Americans don't care about emotion. We just like shock and awe television. If it's not graphic or violent, who cares how good the acting is. Which I think is the reason why we are hated by the world. Not about our TV, but that were so different from everyone els, so they hate us. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:57 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:Dang...that fails as it's based on typical soap operas... I've seen better stuff on American TV (and I hate most of it anyways, the Canadian-Chinese stuff we get is so much better and deeper...and more dramatic and stuff...)

What an epic failure to the world of fanfics...

:o

Thats because Americans don't care about emotion. We just like shock and awe television. If it's not graphic or violent, who cares how good the acting is. Which I think is the reason why we are hated by the world. Not about our TV, but that were so different from everyone els, so they hate us. :lol:

Ah, that's why so much of the anime/manga they have here is all into the "ninjas/warriors/magicks" type of thing... I hear people over in Europe are into more of the dramatic type of thing I'm into, as is the Canadian-Chinese community. Maybe that's why my peers look down upon my proposed manga series: it plays out more like a Chinese soap opera (with all the betrayals, drama, and inner-fighting one can imagine and more) than the run-of-the-mill action-adventure manga (InuYasha and Naruto, I'm looking at you)...

South Park...as for that, although it's typical shock-oriented TV, I find the characters very cute and endearing at the same time...that's another one of the many reasons why I watch it...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
LA_KING_91

Postby LA_KING_91 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:40 pm

Im going to make a SP fan fic out fo this song on this youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3pEbDZi0_w
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:34 am

The first chapter of the Naruto-SP fic is almost complete and should be up shortly. Although I'm probably going to be the one posting it, the original idea was not mine. Here's a list of credits:

Cerisa and SHP - Original Concept, Planning, Additional Casting
Crow - Casting, Creative Consultant, Joke Ideas
KtS - Plot, Joke Ideas, Episode 01

And I still have no idea whether or not James wants in. I already showed him what we have so far, but he didn't have much to say.

The casting has changed since before, but I'll post that at the beginning of the fic thread itself.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:34 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:And I still have no idea whether or not James wants in. I already showed him what we have so far, but he didn't have much to say.

Wait, whut? I had no idea you actually wanted me to be in on this, I thought you were just showing me for the sake of showing me it. ;o

Anyway, I'll send you a PM on my opinions of it.

Also; I've recently completed a first chapter of an idea I recently got, yet I'm not 100% sure of where to go next. Nor do I have any real ending set for it that I'm liking, either. Should I come up with one, and and also come up with enough of a story to flesh everything out with, I'll definitely continue writing. As for now though it's just an idea in my head. :P
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
LA_KING_91

Postby LA_KING_91 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:48 pm

Anyone think this is a good song for a fan fic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3pEbDZi0_w
Broflovskifan1234

Postby Broflovskifan1234 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:26 am

Dude! my fanfictions f*cking suck I was definatley not cut out for writing I should just stick with reading fanfiction not writing them............Poision Ivy turned out to be a huge flop I did not like it..........I only got in one chapter and then I got this hugeass writers block so I was like screw this
Hunter: be gone pests and give me the bird
Yakko: we'd love to really but the Fox censors wont allow it
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:31 pm

Writer's block is teh suck. ><
albino.black.sheep wrote:My cat ran away with an extra strong mint on his head.

xx_emuteeth_xx wrote:shut up douche im not retaded
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:07 pm

OK. Thanks to help from Crow and SHP, we were able to come up with 50 Brian Boitano Facts, which should be enough to start writing the fic. And I'll start on that as soon as I'm done watching through Death Note, which I can blame Cerisa for getting me into. :)

Just as Mel Gibson's behavior was modeled after Daffy Duck, Chuck Norris' behavior will be modeled after another popular old time cartoon character.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:24 am

Guess_Who_I_Am_Not wrote:Writer's block is teh suck. ><

It sure does suck...

I don't have it, but the only reason about me not updating any on my fanfic is because I am a bit busy with...putting the secondary color on the fancomic cover on Photoshop...and I don't have Writer's Block with the fic/comic...I have the full story planned out and an ending coming sooner or later...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:19 am

Guess_Who_I_Am_Not wrote:Writer's block is teh suck. ><

Sure is, especially when you;ve had it since birth :(
I've started about 9 south park fics (not to mention all my other show fics I started), made up a great plan for the plotline, got half way through with the actual writing and then something comes up, drags me away from the screen for a week or two, and I loose all inspiration.
The only fic I ever finnished I finnished because I rushed the whole expand upon the bullet point plotline phase of the story and ended up posting about ten lines.

But It sure is great to see some people are still using the Fanfic section to actually write/discuss/criticise fanfic. The flamwars are gone long live the ficstories!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:25 am

[quote="SuperMaids":74e18][quote="Guess_Who_I_Am_Not":74e18]Writer's block is teh suck. ><[/quote:74e18]
Sure is, especially when you;ve had it since birth :(
I've started about 9 south park fics (not to mention all my other show fics I started), made up a great plan for the plotline, got half way through with the actual writing and then something comes up, drags me away from the screen for a week or two, and I loose all inspiration.
The only fic I ever finnished I finnished because I rushed the whole expand upon the bullet point plotline phase of the story and ended up posting about ten lines.

But It sure is great to see some people are still using the Fanfic section to actually write/discuss/criticise fanfic. The flamwars are gone long live the ficstories![/quote:74e18]

Agreed. Looks like that half-wit LA_KING ran off...I guess he was sick of getting ripped on for being a grade-A dips*it.

Anyways, I'm about halfway finished up with the cel-shading-esque coloring on the fancomic cover, so when I get done with that, I'll finish typing up the rest of my [i:74e18]fanfic[/i:74e18]...and then I'll try to get my fancomic sketching and inking finished.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:34 am

Always been cold to comicbooks in real life, but fan-comics are an interesting prospect. I look forward to reading yours. And to reading some new fanfic to get my much needed divine inspiration :x
Edduyasha wrote: Looks like that half-wit PHONEX ran off...I guess he was sick of getting ripped on for being a grade-A dips*it.

What happened to phonex and all his threads? Did a higher power use the flaming skills he learnt whilst burning e-books on mass to flame him and all records he ever existed from existance?
Never mind, I'm sure he'll be back in a new skin, maybee as a hemaphrodite crackwhore with beatial longings :roll:
[/quote]
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:44 am

SuperMaids wrote:Always been cold to comicbooks in real life, but fan-comics are an interesting prospect. I look forward to reading yours. And to reading some new fanfic to get my much needed divine inspiration :x
Edduyasha wrote: Looks like that half-wit PHONEX ran off...I guess he was sick of getting ripped on for being a grade-A dips*it.

What happened to phonex and all his threads? Did a higher power use the flaming skills he learnt whilst burning e-books on mass to flame him and all records he ever existed from existance?
Never mind, I'm sure he'll be back in a new skin, maybee as a hemaphrodite crackwhore with beatial longings :roll:
[/quote]

Eh...I've only gotten into a few manga series here...they don't have enough of the real-life based drama stuff that I like (ie the soap opera type of stuff)...but yeah... My fancomic in a nutshell is what would probably happen if the cliques at my school started to fight for dominace over the school population and got out of control. Truthfully, the Warblade character is basically a more beligerent version of me (messy black hair and all), and the other main girl leader of the other clique is reminecent of someone at school.

I guess Big-Will drove him off or something...but I have a feeling that he might be back, I dunno...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”