South Park Gay Couples

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

ChryleNCreek
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:58 am

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby ChryleNCreek » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:54 am

whatthejew wrote:
ChryleNCreek wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
I rarely see the word creek, but when I do...Craig/Tweek is all I think of. xD And when I see 'sex' I think 'South Park,'

True facts. xD


Funny how simple words like creek, style and sex are almost automatically linked to south park XD


Well it's more than likely because South Park is pretty much epic.
Or something like that.
xD
Or I'm just creepy and I think about South Park too much.
One of the two.


lol if you do then so do I XD
Fanfiction Account

Read South Park ficcy please and leave a review! ^_^
Reviews make me happy! -dances-
ChryleNCreek
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:58 am

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby ChryleNCreek » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:04 am

wow....wheres the pulse!
Fanfiction Account

Read South Park ficcy please and leave a review! ^_^
Reviews make me happy! -dances-
kfgg
Posts: 3114
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby kfgg » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:37 am

I probably shouldn't post this but its a good thing.

The only honest straight forward "I Love You's" between SP characters (not including the cops) came from Stan & Kyle in The China Probrem

Stan: "I Love You."
Kyle: "I Love You Too Stan."

That just makes me love Stan/Kyle even more.
Stan and Kyle :)
whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby whatthejew » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:49 pm

kfgg wrote:I probably shouldn't post this but its a good thing.

The only honest straight forward "I Love You's" between SP characters (not including the cops) came from Stan & Kyle in The China Probrem

Stan: "I Love You."
Kyle: "I Love You Too Stan."

That just makes me love Stan/Kyle even more.


Aw, true that, I totally got so excited when they said that. I mean, I know it was because they were all in the moment and whatnot and it probably wasn't supposed to mean anything, but hey. It was damn cute.
Viva la Style.
<:
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby whatthejew » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:50 pm

ChryleNCreek wrote:wow....wheres the pulse!


Dead-ish?
xD
Our avatars have the same shirt, lulz.
I was so excited to see they had a Christophe one.
<:
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:19 pm

The best Style moment was in Guitar Queer-o when Stan did his 'I need you' speech, the 'I love you' was probably just a best-buds kind of love, the other one was part of a big-ass love story :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
kfgg
Posts: 3114
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby kfgg » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:34 pm

superiorsavior wrote:The best Style moment was in Guitar Queer-o when Stan did his 'I need you' speech, the 'I love you' was probably just a best-buds kind of love, the other one was part of a big-ass love story :p


I don't listen to Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son and Skid Row - I Remember You the same way anymore after that. It just makes you think and turn the volume UP.

The way Stan said "I Love You" in 1208 sounded way more deep. I can't describe it. But it was awesome.

This kind of thing makes me so happy.
Stan and Kyle :)
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:04 pm

1- I've said "I Love You" to my best friend before. I suddenly did not wish to make out/make love/become soulmates with him.

2- You like to take that quote wildly out of context. They are coming to grips with a tragic event and are consoling one another. It would have been odd for two best friends of that caliber to say anything else, really.

3- Remember guys, you see what you want to see. Those who have "evidence" of Style don't really have any evidence. Instead, it is a hodgepodge of moments taken out of context and seemingly with little knowledge of their friendship.
I wouldn't care if they were gay because it happens in the show or there is an overwhelming pile of evidence. What I don't like is calling a pairing that is not IC or realistic IC just because you can scrounge together moments.

4- I gave this debate a rest a while back since every time it came up I crushed it. But I gather I've allowed the tree of "Style is canon/realistic"IC" to grow enough to cut it down again.

5- I'm also of the belief that while one character may grow up to be homosexual, I don't think you'll see a pairing. Most reliable, modern figures put the percentage of homosexuals at 1.1%-3.0%. This means having even one gay student in the class we are all familiar with is a stretch. Even the mythical 10% figure for males and five percent for females would mean that 1.? males would be homosexual.(I forget how many are in the class, but I assume the class size is around thirty. Since just ove rhalf of America are women, I'll say fourteen males and sixteen females.)
This would still mean that at the grand highest realistic range, you have two. And the chances of those two pairing up with each other are slim.

6- There are five types of Style/Slash fan when it comes to the IC debate:
1- "I know it is OOC, but it is still fun."- Don't mind these.
2- "Well, maybe it is IC, maybe not. It doesn't matter. I care about drama and this is a good idea for it."- Don't really mind these.
3- "IT IS IC BECAUSE TEH CHARACTER IS MIIIINNNNEEEE, ONLY MINE, NO OTHER WOMAN IS ALLOWED TO TOUCH MY MAN!!!!!!111W131 SO THEREFORE THEY KISS AND f*ck AND BE LOVERS SO I CAN IN MY MIND TOTALLY TURN HIM."- These people are insane.
4- "I believe it is IC, and I will tell you why. I do not, however, believe my opinion to be imperical and understand your opposition."- Don't mind these people again, though I'll debate endlessly if you say it is IC.
5- "It is IC all the way. Only homophobes or weirdos would say otherwise."- These people bring my piss to a boil.

So, decide what type you are.

7- But you MUST have a pairing, you say? Well, the obvious choice is Butters/Cartman. Why? Well, remember that Cartman has already given a man a blowjob, another a handjob, and put Butters' dick in his mouth. They also, while at times saying they don't like each other, hang out all the damn time. Cartman is, at this time, at most a bisexual. If not bisexual, then he is gay. All you would need for a pairing, if you must have another character from the show, is probably Butters. No other character can tolerate Cartman very much, let alone be that deep with him.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kfgg
Posts: 3114
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby kfgg » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:06 pm

Calm down Shane. Peace man. Frog peace.

-KFGG Froggy 92.9
Stan and Kyle :)
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:07 pm

Can I lick the frog first? :D
That's how it's down here on the farm!
whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby whatthejew » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:53 pm

I don't think Style is canon at all. As a matter of fact, I don't think any of the pairings are canon, really and truly.
Perhaps, in some sense, Cartman might have an attraction to Kyle in some twisted way, but the chances of them actually getting together and of Kyle doing it willingly?
I'd say...one in a million, and that's being kind.
Quite honestly, I just find the pairings fun to write about and explore, nothing more than that.
Of course, if there's a little 'I love you!' on the show, it's going to make me a happy little fangirl, I can't lie about that one, but I don't take it as 'OMGZ THEY'RE SO GAY FOR EACH OTHER!!!1!1!1!11!one' Because that would just be downright stupid.
So, basically, I like writing slash for South Park, but I don't necessarily believe that all the characters have some deep, brooding gay love for each other, it's simply not realistic, it's just fun to write and read, in my opinion.
Which naturally leads me to people who don't like SP slash. Hey, fine, that's your opinion, but all I ask is for people to not hate me because I write it.
Respect my opinion and I'll respect yours, simple as that.
<:
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:16 am

I've said "I Love You" to my best friend before.

I've said I love you to my parents, doesn't mean I'm proof of Freud's theories. Evidence of a pairing being in the cannon has to be something more than this ambiguous phrase. Whilst Style has been commented on in the past (most notably by other charactars, like Randy in meteor shower) all such comments proove is that the pair are as close as a gay couple. This is best shown in FTE though that episode also made a point of showing Stan's straitness. I wouldn't be supprised if they ended up together, but it isn't quite In Cannon yet. Not that it matters if it is; fanfics are by definition outside cannon, and while you shouldn't let charactars wander too far without explanation, slash is generally with older charactars, and a lot can happen over the years. If the two work together, a fic should be writen, weather it's cannon or not.

Those who have "evidence" of Style don't really have any evidence.
You have 'evidence' if you use it in the right way in your fic, or at least you have a justification for using the pairing.

There's about 30 people in class. If the 'mythical' 10% figure is true then that's about 3 people, though I agree it downplays the problems with homosexuality to say the person you want to be with will magically be gay too. Though the figure is general and from what I've expierinced (i.e. not from any scientific source) homosexuals seem to 'come out' more in certain regions than in others; my school has a very large number of bisexuals, a school in inner london or the deep south would have far fewer. If South Park has a lot of bisexuals then it might have more than the national avarage. This is YAOI we're talking about though, fantasy fics for girls, not stories about gay drama, so we can't expect it to be realistic. The Kisey reports from whence the 10% figure steams are very unscrupulous but I wouldn't say the figure is mythical, or any less mythical than the 1% found when you ignore the number of people who don't want to admit it in a survey, 4% is a more reasonable figure IMHO (Then again there are a lot of bisexuals in my school so this miht influence which figure i find more realistic).

I'm not sure if you meant to say it in your post but I'd like to cast doubt on the idea that you can't tell weather a child will grow up to be gay before they reach puberty. Homosexuals have both well documented functional and structural differences in their brains, which are likely preset from birth or childhood; not only does this mean that there is a potential that children who may grow up to be gay could be identified from brain scan results, it also could impact on children's behaviours at an early age. Though many neuroscientists in the field are ready to stress that, because reserch is done on adults, "we don't know if the differences I found were there at birth or if they appeared later." However, reserchers have found that childhood gender nonconformity is the largest predictor of homosexuality in adulthood that exists, so if we see one of the kids following female instead of male roles (Butters or Cartman for instance) we would be able to tell that they may well grow up gay. Stan and Kyle don't show this, they seem very much 'dirty smelly boys' so I think they're strait.

the chances of those two pairing up with each other are slim.

This is the best evidence against Style; best friends from childhood are probably more like very close and loving brothers than people you want to marry. Men rarely marry their childhood sweethearts, though they may remain friends, because it seems too odd to go out with someone you grew up with. I read in the New Scientist that there's some evolutionry reason for this, I'd have to agree.
I'm Style fan no. 2 in your list... I wish I was no. 1 :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:48 am

superiorsavior wrote:
I've said "I Love You" to my best friend before.

I've said I love you to my parents, doesn't mean I'm proof of Freud's theories. Evidence of a pairing being in the cannon has to be something more than this ambiguous phrase. Whilst Style has been commented on in the past (most notably by other charactars, like Randy in meteor shower) all such comments proove is that the pair are as close as a gay couple. This is best shown in FTE though that episode also made a point of showing Stan's straitness. I wouldn't be supprised if they ended up together, but it isn't quite In Cannon yet. Not that it matters if it is; fanfics are by definition outside cannon, and while you shouldn't let charactars wander too far without explanation, slash is generally with older charactars, and a lot can happen over the years. If the two work together, a fic should be writen, weather it's cannon or not.

Those who have "evidence" of Style don't really have any evidence.
You have 'evidence' if you use it in the right way in your fic, or at least you have a justification for using the pairing.

There's about 30 people in class. If the 'mythical' 10% figure is true then that's about 3 people, though I agree it downplays the problems with homosexuality to say the person you want to be with will magically be gay too. Though the figure is general and from what I've expierinced (i.e. not from any scientific source) homosexuals seem to 'come out' more in certain regions than in others; my school has a very large number of bisexuals, a school in inner london or the deep south would have far fewer. If South Park has a lot of bisexuals then it might have more than the national avarage. This is YAOI we're talking about though, fantasy fics for girls, not stories about gay drama, so we can't expect it to be realistic. The Kisey reports from whence the 10% figure steams are very unscrupulous but I wouldn't say the figure is mythical, or any less mythical than the 1% found when you ignore the number of people who don't want to admit it in a survey, 4% is a more reasonable figure IMHO (Then again there are a lot of bisexuals in my school so this miht influence which figure i find more realistic).

I'm not sure if you meant to say it in your post but I'd like to cast doubt on the idea that you can't tell weather a child will grow up to be gay before they reach puberty. Homosexuals have both well documented functional and structural differences in their brains, which are likely preset from birth or childhood; not only does this mean that there is a potential that children who may grow up to be gay could be identified from brain scan results, it also could impact on children's behaviours at an early age. Though many neuroscientists in the field are ready to stress that, because reserch is done on adults, "we don't know if the differences I found were there at birth or if they appeared later." However, reserchers have found that childhood gender nonconformity is the largest predictor of homosexuality in adulthood that exists, so if we see one of the kids following female instead of male roles (Butters or Cartman for instance) we would be able to tell that they may well grow up gay. Stan and Kyle don't show this, they seem very much 'dirty smelly boys' so I think they're strait.

the chances of those two pairing up with each other are slim.

This is the best evidence against Style; best friends from childhood are probably more like very close and loving brothers than people you want to marry. Men rarely marry their childhood sweethearts, though they may remain friends, because it seems too odd to go out with someone you grew up with. I read in the New Scientist that there's some evolutionry reason for this, I'd have to agree.
I'm Style fan no. 2 in your list... I wish I was no. 1 :p

1- The first part of your first paragraph doesn't seem to be a counter to any of my points.XD
2- Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub: Randy's comment was a throwaway joke. It has little to no bearing on anything. If we say it has anything to do with anything, then all it shows is that parents always have worries about the simplest little things.
3- FTE showed Stan being as straight as a guy could get given the circumstances.
4- I would be surprised because all real evidence in the show points to Stan being straight. I mean seriously, the only guy in the show with a girlfriend, and we think he is gay? Kenny and basically every other male in that class have better chances of being gay.
5- If they're older and the fic gives reasons and updates as to how they've fleshed out, then fine. However, too many don't do that- they just take the pairing and toss it in your face as if there is no question or reason to show development.
6- You didn't read my post very well(shocker). Ten percent is the highest I found for males, who do not make up 100% of the class. Five percent for females. I can count off hand around 12 male students in that classroom. But assuming there are thirty students in class, you can add two more to that on average. So, that leaves you with fourteen male students. At ten percent, that leaves you with 1.4 gay kids. Since you can't have 0.4 of a kid and it is closer to zero, that will average out to one gay kid using the highest possible number. But let us say that the real percentage is above either of our realistic guesses at 5% and EVERY kid in the class is male suddenly. That leaves you instead with 1.5 gay kids. Round up to two.
7- I don't buy the whole, "They didn't admit for the survey"
argument, and not because it isn't possible. I don't buy it because you then have to throw out all surveys done by all groups ever under any condition unless they're super high, and this shows favoritism. 1%-3.3% are fair numbers in a country of 310 million. That is 3,100,000-9,300,000 men. Those are reasonable figures.
8- I never said you can't tell. I said that if you are going to say someone is likely to be/is gay and we have a peek into his life through a television show, you need to make sure that your theories conform to what we know from the show. Oh, and I agreed about Butters and Cartman, so most of your argument needn't have been said since I was neither arguing it and you used it to actually put points in the Style=Non-IC camp. :lol:
9 A good brother-type relationship is always what very good best friends have, so agreed there.

@WhatTheJew- Yes, and you're the first type of fan. That is why I'm not saying, "ZOMG U KANT RITE SLASH." :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
BigCamera4892

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby BigCamera4892 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:35 am

MacktheRandom wrote:How about........

NO! Slashes suck, no one should have even tried to make them up in the first place. The only gay people on South Park are Mr. Slave, Big Gay Al, and Cartman.


You forget about Mr. Hat. Remember him in the steam room scene after Mr. Hat first left Mr. Garrison, and in a later episode Mr. Hat destroyed Mr. Twig and rescued Garrison and Chef from jail? Mr. Hat was also a gay character.
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: South Park Gay Couples

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:26 pm

And he supprisingly forgot Mr Garrison... and half the clebrities that've ever invaded the town :p

1. First paragraph was basiclly me saying what kind of Slash fan I was, before I read the last part of your post and realised I could've just given a number :p

2. I think the comment in TGNHT was more showing that Randy confused normal male friendships with extreme gayness, which built up to the joke wher he thought that watching Gerald mastubating made him totally gay. It's been mentioned, but every time it's played fully for laughs, this is a comedy afterall.

3. That's basically what I said, but slash fans could still reference it in their stories if they wanted to make the pairing seem at least partially likely. If they put a slash-interpritation on the thing. His dumping Wendy at the end could be seen to be because he'd discovered his true feelings for kyle, though it was obviously because he realised he didn't need a girl who dumped him at the drop of a hat, but as I said, fans could use it.

4. Stan has over 9000 man points! You're right that he's the strait man of south park in more ways than one, so I'd be extremilly supprised if Stan turned out Gay. His utter straitness is the reason jokes about his and kyle's relationship in the show work so well, because you know it isn't true, though making him suddenly turn super gay could be used to add humour to fanfic, and saying he was just overcompensating for his gayness could inject drama, hopefully making an interesting story.

5. Fanfiction is an ammature hobby often practiced by the young who have enough free time to write, hence the proportion of writers who are good is low. So there's bound to be a lot of bad writers who just put their fantasy on paper with no build up to it to make it credible. It isn't really a problem with slash, more a problem with OOC writing in general.

6. Sorry I light your fuse and made you explode like that, I was using general percentages for males and females, forgot that there were different percentages for different genders. You get the accurate figure award (presents award + appologises for using a general figure). You didn't say why the figure 'mythical' 10% figure for men and 5% figure for women ends up producing 1% of people being gay overall though.

7. You just have to correct the figures for all surveys slightly, to reove bias. It's a common practice. Though knowing how much to correct a figure by injects a lot of bias of it's own. I think your 3% is a reasonable figure, not so sure about 1% though.

7. I wasn't trying to argue that Style isn't IC, I don't even care as long as the fic's well written. As I said, I didn't think you were using that argument, but I've heard it used a lot in the past and wanted to get my oppinion on it out of the way before It came up. Sorry if It looked like I was putting the argument into your mouth :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest