Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kelly MacCornmac
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 am

Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun May 03, 2009 6:10 pm

This was made in response to Randy's rules with word limits and no comedy section. I think that it doesn't matter what the word limit is, if people cannot read it, then they shouldn't vote in a particular category.

I have stolen the rules from KTS's thread, but I can change it at any time if enough people complain about a particular rule or if enough people want to add a rule. I have changed rule number three so that a person will submit one per category instead of unlimited, this is so that there won't be one author for one category, if you wish for this to be changed back, let me know.


1. Six categories are available: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Mystery/Horror, First Fic, General, and Action/Adventure. If there are any additional categories you can think of, they can be added, provided that there are enough potential entries to fill it. There should be at least 3 in order for it to qualify as a category.

2. No nominating other authors, especially if they don't frequent this site, since it may end up where an author is nominated, their work receives criticism, and he or she will never know about it. Therefore it will be by personal entry only, and only one entry per author per category. There is no limit to the number of categories you can sign up for.

3. Unlike last last time, you can only submit one fic per category. And you cannot enter the same fic in more than one category.

4. As long as links are provided, the fic is eligible. Fics can either be finished or in progress, although for the latter there should be enough of the story completed so that readers have something to go on. In other words, no unfinished preludes or abandoned intros.

5. Slash fics are allowed, and they would go into the Romance category. If people post smut, they simply won't get voted for. I may create a separate category for Slash if there are enough of them plus Romance entries combined to split into two categories.

6. No entering anything that was already entered in a previous BBS contest, even if it didn't win anything or get voted for. However this is more to prevent an author from reentering a fic that has already won. There's no reason to use the same fic regardless, because if you wrote something like that once, you can do it again.

7. Although I don't think I have to mention this, you can only enter South Park fanfics. If it has nothing to do with SP, then it won't be eligible.

8. There is no word limit, I see no reason to constrain anybody, they can use as many or as few words for their fic.

Anyone can participate, and anyone can enter. Just provide a link to your fic, and specify which category you want it in. The list of entries will be added onto as more people join.


I think June 1 as the last submitting day, it should be enough time to write and submit by that day. It can be extended if needed.
--------------------------------------------
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others


SPU! Join it!
Kelly MacCornmac
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 am

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun May 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Entries:

*Parody:
From South Park With Love by ShaneHaughey

Comedy:
Seamen by Kelly MacCornmac
Girls Will be Boys, Boys Will be Girls by Shane Haughey


Drama:
Stormfront by ShaneHaughey

Romance:

Mystery/Horror:
Kenny Darko by KennyKicksAss

First Fic:
Timmy's Secret/Tweek's Nightmare by Pip Tweek


Action/Adventure:
Last edited by Kelly MacCornmac on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others


SPU! Join it!
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun May 03, 2009 11:49 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36713&start=0

- "Stormfront" Drama.


viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36643&start=0

- "From South Park With Love" Action/Adventure OR Parody, which i think should be it's own category and you should get rid of General.

Fics that will be finished by the time the submission season is over:

"F*g" Which I will submit in the General category if it still exists.
"Boys Will Be Girls, Girls Will Be Boys" Which will be submitted in the Comedy section.

Other fics I will be writing that may be finished in time:
"The Night"- Horror/Mystery
"A First Forever"- Romance
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Cartman's_bitch 2
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:02 am

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby Cartman's_bitch 2 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Wow, a contest? i can't wait to read the entries!
Kelly MacCornmac
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 am

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Wed May 06, 2009 3:20 am

I'm thinking on allowing people nominate other people's fics but the max number fics you can nominate is two. And the fic had to be either revised or written within the year.

Also, I added Seaman for Comedy. I am going to revise an old fic of mine for Parody. And possibly make another one that's completely different from my current writing style.
Last edited by Kelly MacCornmac on Fri May 08, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others


SPU! Join it!
BigCamera4892

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby BigCamera4892 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:59 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:I'm thinking on allowing people nominate other people's fics but the max number fics you can nominate is two. And the fic had to be either revised or written within the year.

Also, I added Seaman for Comedy. I am going to revise an old fic of mine for Parody. And possibly make another one that's completely different from my current writing style.


Well, if you do allow people to nominate other people's fics, I would nominate:

willowrose under the catagory of First Fic:

Whose your daddy?

Now the above is SP related; only it's not the four boys related. It is Matt and Trey related, and without MnT there would be no SP, so believe it is SP related and should be in the catagory of First Fic.
Kelly MacCornmac
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 am

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 am

It has to be South Park related, sorry but that does not count. No matter how you twist the words, it can't count, sorry.

7. Although I don't think I have to mention this, you can only enter South Park fanfics. If it has nothing to do with SP, then it won't be eligible.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others


SPU! Join it!
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed May 06, 2009 5:33 am

BigCamera4892 wrote:
Kelly MacCornmac wrote:I'm thinking on allowing people nominate other people's fics but the max number fics you can nominate is two. And the fic had to be either revised or written within the year.

Also, I added Seaman for Comedy. I am going to revise an old fic of mine for Parody. And possibly make another one that's completely different from my current writing style.


Well, if you do allow people to nominate other people's fics, I would nominate:

willowrose under the catagory of First Fic:

Whose your daddy?

Now the above is SP related; only it's not the four boys related. It is Matt and Trey related, and without MnT there would be no SP, so believe it is SP related and should be in the catagory of First Fic.


It has nothing to do with the characters, setting, or storylines of the show. It is a fic using real people. Would you nominate a fic about the actors who played Kirk and Spock going through those events in a Star Trek competition? Or the writers?

Willow is a very good writer. I have no doubt if she set her sights on SP fics she could post some great ones. But that fic is not SP.
Last edited by ShaneHaughey on Wed May 06, 2009 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
BigCamera4892

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby BigCamera4892 » Wed May 06, 2009 6:13 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:It has nothing to do with the characters, setting, or storylines of the show. It is a fic using real people. Would you nominate a fic about the actors who played Kirk and Spock going through those events in a Star Trek competition? Or the writers?

Willow is a very good writer. I have no doubt if he set his sights on SP fics he could post some great ones. But that fic is not SP.


Thank you both (Kelly MacCornmac and ShaneHaughey) for the two posts above. The confusion from my point of view was: SP related. To me, it was ambiguous. Could it mean only the SP characters, or just as it says in plain English, SP related which could be Matt and Trey.

Now that I know that for purposes of this Competition Thread "SP Related" means the characters of the show, I respectfully withdraw my nomination.

As to Star Trek related: Yes, it could be about the actors who played Kirk and Spock if the definition was only "Star Trek Related" opposed to the characters of Star Trek related.

btw, willowrose is a "she" and not a "he."

From the original "Saturday Night Live":

Gildna Radner as Emily Litella wrote:Never mind
butters kenny
Posts: 10135
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby butters kenny » Wed May 06, 2009 11:44 am

I nominate PT's fanfic

[No link provided]
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Kelly MacCornmac
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 am

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Wed May 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Even though I can find it BK, I said that there needs to be a link provided in order for it to be able to be elgitable, so even if I did allow other people to nominate others, I have to have a link. I don't want to treat people unfairly and allow one person to not submit a link and then have others complaining or worse submitting stuff without links and I have to search through the whole webs to find it.


One of the issues is that if I do allow other people to nominate others is that that user might not want their fic in the competition... And another issue is that the person nominated might not know that their fic is even up here....
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others


SPU! Join it!
butters kenny
Posts: 10135
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby butters kenny » Wed May 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:Even though I can find it BK, I said that there needs to be a link provided in order for it to be able to be elgitable, so even if I did allow other people to nominate others, I have to have a link. I don't want to treat people unfairly and allow one person to not submit a link and then have others complaining or worse submitting stuff without links and I have to search through the whole webs to find it.


One of the issues is that if I do allow other people to nominate others is that that user might not want their fic in the competition... And another issue is that the person nominated might not know that their fic is even up here....



I couldn't find the link..
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed May 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Contact PT and have him find ze link.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
butters kenny
Posts: 10135
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby butters kenny » Wed May 06, 2009 9:34 pm

I already did so I can Reread it, he mights get mad.

[ I deleted the link]
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: Fifth Annual BBS FanFic Competition Thread

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed May 06, 2009 10:36 pm

butters kenny wrote:I nominate PT's fanfic

[No link provided]


Thanks. I wasn't going to enter my one fanfic on the principle that I'm not really a fanfic writer like you guys; I just happened to write one. But if someone nominates me, what am I gonna do, say no?

[url]
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34485[/url]

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests