Strengths and Weaknesses as a Writer

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Strengths and Weaknesses as a Writer

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:55 pm

What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to your fanfiction writing?
My biggest strength is commitment and how that translates into the work. I research a lot for my stories and I end up usually with around 27,000 words. This aids the plot and character development.
My biggest weakness is tied in with this. I often write entirely too much, which dissuades people from reading.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Morgueanna

Re: Strengths and Weaknesses as a Writer

Postby Morgueanna » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:41 am

Your fanfics are lengthy but I still like reading them. :)
If they made South Park novels, you could definitely work for them as a writer.

Just think, South Park graphic novels...

Anyways, I'd say my strengths are that I have imagination. As far as fanfics go, I try to stay true to the characters.

My weakness is that I'm young and still learning. I have a lot to learn actually...but this is why I post stuff...so I can get criticism and what not.
My parents said they'd ground me if I (insert ridiculous stunt here).
vodkadon

Postby vodkadon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:19 am

hey parkers iam a big Fan of southpark but much much bigger of Micheal Jackson i would love to request you that please just let him go now let him be in peace stop making fun out of his grave he lived a unstable life because of the crappy media from all of his fan around the globe iam asking u to stop making fun of him i dont want to stop watching southpark so just let him rest in peace
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Morgueanna wrote:My weakness is that I'm young and still learning. I have a lot to learn actually...but this is why I post stuff...so I can get criticism and what not.

I feel this too, although on the basis that the art/medium of writing is so large and expansive that it really is impossible to learn enough as I'll always try and expand my own style into other genres/formats/styles to the point that where I started off and first developed my writing would seem as alien as my latest 'development', if you know what I mean. Just because you may have grains of sand in your hand doesn't necessarily mean your hand is sandy - there's billions upon billions of grains that are still out there to get a hold of.

I really like my own dialogue writing, if I'm going to toot my own horn here. Along with writing comedy as long as I'm not trying to force it. There's a lot I've put into fanfiction, in fact, that I've kept for student film projects/original stories. :P
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
H_P

Postby H_P » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:49 pm

vodkadon wrote:hey parkers iam a big Fan of southpark but much much bigger of Micheal Jackson i would love to request you that please just let him go now let him be in peace stop making fun out of his grave he lived a unstable life because of the crappy media from all of his fan around the globe iam asking u to stop making fun of him i dont want to stop watching southpark so just let him rest in peace

what the f*ck does this have to with the topic?

And M&T can make fun of whatever they want. Their main priority is crossing the line. Stop bitching and learn satire, it happens!

Anyway, I haven't really written fanfiction, but I guess putting ideas to work would be a hard part for me. I can have a good idea but get writer's block...

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”