Denny (my debut fic)

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

Ex1lepr0

Re: Denny (my debut fic)

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:45 am

Damn man, you're made of some tough stuff. So the first time was the doctors fault?
Can't we all just get along?
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:32 am

not quite. when i first went in, we actually were at another hospital when my mom took me the the ER. the symptoms i had just seemed like a bug and they would hopefully go away the next day. when they didn't my mom called my pcp's office and talked to the doctor on call (it was a sunday) who said i have way too much going on and head to the ER. we went there and they kept saying if this happens or that doesn't happen, we're going into surgery but they kept putting it off (mostly they were afraid to open me up because i have shunts, which are draining tubes, and they didn't want to risk screwing with those. by the 5th day, i woke up with a 102.5 degree fever and my mom finally told them she wanted me to transfer somewhere else. one of my long time docs was over there and he helped us get to where i was for the rest of the time. by the time my surgeon saw me over there, she said basically that it was do or die time. at this point, when she opened me up, she had all kinds of scar tissue and adhesions to remove and it took a lot of digging through my bowel to find them so that when she was done, she had to take out my other intestine and fit both back together before putting them back in. that was the first time they thought i wouldn't make it. they had me on a stronger pain killer than even morphine.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:37 am

That's how it seems to happen. Something small becomes larger, because it's not given enough attention. I'm glad you made it, though. Btw, I'm leaving in August, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to say thanks for the writings and for the conversations.
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:26 am

anytime, dude. good luck with everything. like i said, if you have anymore questions before you go, feel free to ask.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:50 am

Sure. I've still got two weeks. How's Arizona? It got hotter here last week, but probably nothing compared to the southwest.
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:48 am

oklahoma city has actually been hotter than us, if you can believe that. we had about 103 degrees today and the sun is intense so that makes it worse. we're long overdue to get out of this state.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Oh really? Is there a state in particular you want to move to?
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:55 pm

i'd love to move to colorado. we've been through there a few times when we took a trip to see relatives in PA and it's beautiful up there. my mom's thing is that she doesn't want to go anywhere it snows but we wouldn't be any better off if we stay here than we are right now. my doctors are here, sure, but this heat is going to kill me someday. october 29th will be one year from the time i almost bit it last and that was the first time i thought it was the end.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Yeah, it would probably be a good idea to get out of the heat. But are you able to handle mountain air? It's a serious question, as the higher up you go, the less oxygen there is.
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:14 am

we went through two different areas when we passed through. when we stopped in vegas and went through utah and whatnot, then coming back, we went through the mountains and back down new mexico. we lived in PA a few years back for about a year and a half but it's been AZ other than that.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:23 pm

It's definitely a big country. I don't want to settle down anywhere until I see all of it, as I may have regrets later otherwise. Not to mention I just enjoy travel in general. But if you want to settle down in Colorado, that's cool. I feel the same way about Vermont.
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:22 pm

there's a few other states i'd like to try too. i went to maryland a few times when i had to go get treatment done on my kidneys but i didn't really get to see anything. i was planning on going to dc but didn't want to end up going there and not being to find my way back to where i was staying. i was at the airport in baltimore once but it's on a separate interstate and away from the city itself. western PA has some pretty nice sights like erie and morraine lake. we passed through new york a few years back heading to niagra falls too.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:50 am

I do not recommend New York, it's quickly heading for the sh*t hole. New Hampshire is pretty cool, nice scenery, and no sales tax.
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:54 am

it's a shame to admit it but i've never been to the grand canyon even as long as i've been here. there's some pretty nice scenery up north like payson but it still gets pretty warm even in the mountains. the only thing i saw in maryland is the national institutes of health. i went to michigan a couple times and it was eh.

btw, you're curious as to what my oc's look like, right? here's pics

denny:

violet:

ivy:
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:08 am

Cool. I don't mean to pry, but is Denny supposed to be a reflection of yourself?

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”