Denny (my debut fic)

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

KyleDenny

Re: Denny (my debut fic)

Postby KyleDenny » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:46 am

he sure is. looks-wise, his appearance is the way i would like to be (i have neither black hair or blue eyes). Denny's thoughts are very much like mine irl as well as some of the things he's lived through. sometimes i'll reflect whatever mood i'm in into the stories or at least certain thoughts in some way.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Ok, cool. I'd just been wondering that since I read the first chapter. Just a heads-up, I'll be gone August 10 until October, so I won't be here to comment.
Can't we all just get along?
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:05 pm

that's my mom's bday. writing (and reading) these stories makes you ask yourself what you would do if you were faced with a situation like that. would you just stay put and let your fate be decided (and watch your dying mother suffer until the very end) or take matters into you own hands, set out and try to find answers no matter what it led you to, and maybe, just maybe you'll end up finding a place that changes your life forever? I had said that ch. 4 of BtR has been my favorite to write so far and the whole dialogue between Denny and Kyle is why. You'll catch me listening to music late at night just like Denny (it does wonders, trust me), i would've loved to be able to have a brother to have as company in the hospital, (especially one around my age) but he's been jail-bound most of his life and thus absent pretty much every time i've had to go in. obviously, when i get asked about what it's been like with what i've been through (these days it's mostly about the 8 week hospital stay), what i put in the story is different than some stuff that really happened. when i answer them, i tell them in pretty much the way i see it in my mind (the coma i saw nothing but i'm curious as hell about it) and i know people always wonder how i've been able to survive through the rest of what i have and my answer is also the same as Denny's ("I honestly can’t tell you how that’s worked out like it has. I guess it’s just my nature. I’m a fighter and always have been”.)
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 am

Dude, I'm so sad that you're 4F. You would make an excellent soldier. (compliment) At any rate, I listen to music at night as well, but my tastes are more classic rock and metal. Listening to Pink Floyd is my ultimate method of getting to sleep, but I have quite a variety of tastes. AC/DC, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, and Metallica are my faves.
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:33 am

i like rock (classic or modern) and metal too. i stopped listening to the radio for a while and when i started in again, it was when we started listening to it out on the front porch. it was the very station i like now and i started to get into the habit of going out after dark and doing that (no outside light except out on the street 200 or so yards away). as i listened to that alternative station more, i found it a lot more relaxing (i still listen to the classic rock every now and then but the modern rock station plays the same sh*t over and over). now my nightly ritual is to turn my mp3 on at about midnight and listen to the alternative rock station until usually around 3am.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:01 pm

That's cool. Here in NY, we had a really good rock station, 103.1, that got taken over by some assh*le who wanted to preach about how much he hates Obama.
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:39 am

103.1 in phoenix is a classic rock station but the downside is that it doesn't come in very well but no commercials. i know my mp3 is going to be essential in the coming days and soon.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 am

I know how that feels. So tell me, what's your status? Are you HS? College? Working Man?
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:14 pm

i graduated hs in '06 and tried going to college in '09 but i've been getting worse with my kidneys and had to quit about halfway through. i've tried working in the past but it doesn't last long and i've started getting social security (again the kidneys are to blame).
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Ooooo that sucks, sorry to hear that. I hope it works out. So what inspired you to write this, anyway?
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:20 am

there's only a few fics i've read that i really liked and i thought of what it would be like to have my own. once Denny was created, i was able to do that. i'm a fan of stephen king and dean koontz books and reading those helped me to be able to develop them so well (not to mention my own efforts put in as well).
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Cool, man. Artistic expression is a good thing. How's the plot for the next one going?
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:58 pm

it's going. ch 5 is in the works right now. i basically write whatever comes to mind. tbh, the only thing i had help with in this story was the idea for ch 5 and 6, which were from a part in a dean koontz book, but the other big parts (like 2 and 3, and 7-9) were all my own idea. in BtR, Denny's ability to be a leader is like my way of showing how far i've come since october's events (you could call me Denny in that way).
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Ah, I see. Good luck with the rest of it, I probably won't be able to see it until I come back.
KyleDenny

Postby KyleDenny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:01 pm

i might not have had a brother to keep me company all the time in the hospital (my mom has been the one) but i have had a kyle plush for about 2 years which has been a very special thing to me. he's been with me through the worst of my kidney disease, before i went to the hospital (i was getting to be very depressed, anxious, and stressed out), with me the whole time in the hospital (from the time being admitted to discharged), after the hospital (and things have changed dramatically), and now these days. i always say that kyle was, at least, a big part in pulling through and keeping me from kicking the can. there's still a lot of things coming up to be ready for.

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”