The Curious Case of South Park Colorado

Put your fan fiction here, and keep it nice.

Moderator: Big-Will

Pastel Princess

The Curious Case of South Park Colorado

Postby Pastel Princess » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:37 am

For some, it was a new day in the strange town of South Park Colorado. The morning dew, like tears, dripped from the safe bosom the leaves provided. Animals chirped happily at one another, in language far different than that which we understand. The Sun peeked up over the hills, bathing the green mounds in wholesome white light, and alarm clocks went off all over town.

But not mine. The fierce cacophony pounded against my head, gripping at what little sanity I had left. This town, for all its beauty, was repulsive to me. Like clockwork, my mother opened my bedroom door a crack. I flinched at the introduction of light into my otherwise dark room as I lay prone on the bed, and turned away.

“Hey, honey. Are you feeling better yet? Do you want to try going to school today?” my mother asked.

I responded with an annoyed grunt. I wish she would just leave me alone, but every day it’s the same routine. She asks me if I’ll go to school, and I abstain. It’s safe inside the house. At least, it’s as safe as it can be here.

Oh, right, my name. My name is Lisa Noir. I used to be an average girl of… ten? I think I was ten years old. I’m actually pretty smart, and I had a few very good friends. As for looks, well, I’d say average. I’m definitely average there, although my skin has doubtless become much paler during my voluntary incarceration. I have long, dark brown hair, glasses, and freckles. All-in-all…

Well, perhaps below average.

I continued to lie still, counting the seconds until mother would leave. 3… 2… 1…

“Honey,” she murmured sadly. This was new. I didn’t understand it, but this was new.

“…Mom?” I spoke tentatively, almost in a whisper. For some reason, I had tears running down my cheeks.

“It’s just been so long, don’t you think your friends might be worried?”

I sniffled a little before responding. She’d said something a little weird, though. Very odd. And I was crying. This was also odd. This day was different. Was that good? Was it bad? Perhaps it would be prudent to at least get up today.

“It has been a while. How long, mother? Do you remember how long it’s been?” I asked. My heart pounded rapidly in my chest as I awaited her reply.

“Hmmm… at least a week, I think. I can’t quite remember,” she replied. Her voice was gentle, almost as if she was afraid of breaking something with her words.

“Oh, I see,” I muttered. I couldn’t hide the disappointment in my words. For some reason, I thought perhaps she had remembered something.

My room was silent, then, for a few minutes. Then, the slow creek of my bedroom door as the shining pillar of light vanished.

“I’ll bring you some breakfast,” said my mother as she departed.

After the door had closed, I lazily swung my legs over to the side of my bed. Today seemed different, so perhaps it was worth checking once again. I placed my feet on the floor, and stood up. My legs felt like jelly, and I clumsily lumbered over to the door. I nearly tripped, but caught myself on the wall. I flicked the light switch quickly, with an urgency I hadn’t felt in a long time, and stumbled over to the mirror.

“Today will be different,” I thought, “Today will be different.”

I gazed deeply into the reflective world behind my mirror, only to find that same face staring back at me. The same face from so many years ago. I was still ten.

The truth that my mother, like the other residents of South Park, didn’t seem to notice glared back at me. It mocked me and me alone as I continued to stare.

I hadn’t been to school in years. I knew it. But somehow, I’d never aged. The others likewise never aged. But only I knew. Only I seemed to be able to comprehend this truth, and it was slowly driving me mad. We didn’t age. South Park didn’t age, and it horrified me beyond what any normal Human could comprehend. But what could I do? What was a normal girl to do when faced with the freakish monsters and fantastic situations that occurred weekly here? What was a normal girl to do with the seemingly distorted flow of time in this tiny, isolated little town?

I slowly backed away from the mirror, and tripped over my own trembling legs. I landed hard on my behind, and gazed up at the light on my ceiling as tears streaked down my cheeks. Perhaps the only option for someone like me was to drown in the overwhelming sense of impotence.

Perhaps it would be best if I continued to stay home.

(Saw fanfiction section, decided to write something on a whim, may continue at a later time.)
Pastel Princess

Re: The Curious Case of South Park Colorado

Postby Pastel Princess » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:56 am

It was some weeks later when I’d gathered the energy to get up again. It was the middle of the day, and the cruel Sun glowed through my closed curtains and reminded me that life continued to amble on aimlessly outside the confines of my house. The light defiled my sanctuary and reminded me how powerless I was in my captivity. My safety owned me, and kept me like a frightened, ignorant little pet in a dark corner.

The incident a few weeks ago, the sundering of the neat pattern my life had fallen into, had made me somehow restless. A monster had awoken inside of my body, and made me ill in my dark and closed-off room. It craved for the light I so detested, and forced me to put my shoes on for the first time in so many years. I tried to resist, but it dragged me out of bed. It dragged me down the stairs. It dragged me outside after weeks of ripping my innards to shreds and feasting on my guts and growing large and terrifying and leaving a powerless husk.

“I’m going outside, mom,” I croaked, frightened of what awaited me there.

“Oh, how wonderful! Have a great day, sweetheart,” my mother replied cheerfully.

I quickly forced the doorknob to the side and ripped open the door, lurching gracelessly into the light. My eyes dilated and I hissed as I drew my arm up to block that cancerous beacon from my view.

“Whoa, hardcore,” commented a boy dressed all in black in passing. If I remembered correctly, there were four boys and a handful of others that all the most horrific incidents this town endured revolved around. It occurred to me that if I just stayed away from them, I might be safe. Perhaps I could even learn something on this rare outing. Perhaps, as the only one who could perceive this stagnation, I could somehow be the person to put a stop to it.

“She’s not THAT hardcore,” replied the girl with him. She was likewise dressed all in black, and continued, “she’s probably one of those pretentious Vampire posers.”

“An immortal could never understand true pain,” piped up the smallest member of their group.

I withstood this vapid conversation, paying it as little attention as I could while my eyes adjusted. I didn’t want to interact with them, even if they had little to do with the town’s incidents. I didn’t want to interact with anyone unless I absolutely had to. I needed to stay safe.

The Sun’s venom slowly subsided as I blinked the light into my eyes. When I was prepared, I made a mad dash for the one place I knew would be vacant. The one place I was assured information and safety and peace.

I ran for the South Park Public Library.

It was a monolith of a building, dwarfing my tiny 10-year-old’s body under its shining white pillars like the legs of a titan. The light reflected off the too-white artifice like the fires of Prometheus, simultaneously welcoming me and frightening me away. I wanted to go home. I wanted to be safe. I wanted to crawl back under my covers for another few years until things worked themselves out, but I knew it wasn’t going to happen. The monster inside me forced my joints to bend and to move and to walk forward up the steps to the library. It knew that this was my chance to do something. It knew that, having come this far, I could not go back yet. The unmoving clock at the top of the building grinned down at me as I moved, until it slowly disappeared into the ceiling and I was at the double doors in the front of the building. I reached out a trembling hand, and grabbed the gleaming golden handle.

(In my sleep-deprived state, I had decided that a serious take on South Park done as a fanfiction was a good idea. New season started up, I looked back in on it, and thought it wasn't half bad. An hour or so of sleep-deprived keyboard pounding later, I came up with another part. It would be a shame to leave this unfinished after the rousing success that was the first portion, after all. Another update will come whenever. True arteests don't set deadlines, because ART cannot be hurried.)

Return to “FanFics and Episode Ideas”