1002 "Smug Alert" - San Francisco errors

Moderator: Big-Will

deadslug

1002 "Smug Alert" - San Francisco errors

Postby deadslug » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:02 am

My apologizes if this has been posted elsewhere:

Various errors and logistical problems with SF references in epi 1002, "Smug Alert:"

- The sign at the edge of the City should've read "San Francisco, City and County." No sign reads merely "City Limits" -- when you enter San Francisco, you're crossing both city limits and a county line.
- Cartman went for an awfully long walk to find Kyle. He went in via Daly City (he would've had to, judging the background from the scene), which would've put him in basically the southwestern corner of the City (kinda near Park Merced and SFSU). Union Square is more towards downtown, towards the northeastern part of the City. Plus the Victorian houses tend to be in the older, more easterly parts of The City. I don't think Cartman would've made it over Twin Peaks. Did he take MUNI?
- Would the Broflovskis have gone to San Francisco proper anyways? They seem so much more Marin County (which is also quite smuggy, btw).
- Kyle and Ike were lucky to find other kids - SF has more dogs than children living in it.
- We will only briefly mention here the absolutely ridiculous prices of SF Bay Area real estate. Colorado transplants would've been spooked within about a half-hour or so.

These are minor annoyances, yes, and I'm not expecting a lot from people in La-La Land, but geez, a lilttle research, people. I know they can do it. ;)
triplemultiplex

Re: 1002 "Smug Alert" - San Francisco errors

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:52 pm

deadslug wrote:- The sign at the edge of the City should've read "San Francisco, City and County." No sign reads merely "City Limits" -- when you enter San Francisco, you're crossing both city limits and a county line.

That's true. San Francisco is one of the few city/counties (City and County are the same area) outside of Virginia.

deadslug wrote:Plus the Victorian houses tend to be in the older, more easterly parts of The City.

Looks like they were going for those houses at Alamo Sqaure, but they switched the hill so downhill is south instead of north.

You read it! You can't unread it!

hmmmm

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:34 am

well more importantly during the "bury your head in the sand speach". The guy planning it says they need 18 dozen shovels.
When they decide to do it the mayor only asks for 8 dozen shovels.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:01 pm

:roll: :lol: :o :) :( :evil: :twisted: :wink: :P :x :shock: :D :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: 8)
TiMmAy!

Postby TiMmAy! » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:03 pm

uhh who besides u really gives a rats ass
herro welcome to chity wok takka orda pre

.......no prease not the chity shrimp
rabidpenguin

Re: hmmmm

Postby rabidpenguin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:well more importantly during the "bury your head in the sand speach". The guy planning it says they need 18 dozen shovels.
When they decide to do it the mayor only asks for 8 dozen shovels.

Wrong episode
Chuckj892

Postby Chuckj892 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:11 pm

who really cares san fran's gay anyway philadelphia kicks ass
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sat May 13, 2006 3:54 am

And I think they showed the Golden Gate Bridge going right into downtown, but the bridge actually goes into the Presidio area.
tuomas

Postby tuomas » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:23 am

i thought that south park was in COLORADO and that san fran is very far from it...i dont know much about america though (because im a canadian)
xXProSkittlesXx

Postby xXProSkittlesXx » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:42 am

tuomas wrote:i thought that south park was in COLORADO and that san fran is very far from it...i dont know much about america though (because I'm a canadian)

yeah it is far away but that where kyle moved(in that episode).
Nicposnav

Postby Nicposnav » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:10 am

Achtung!!
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:13 am

Nicposnav wrote:Achtung!!

f*ck Off!!
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:49 pm

I don't many people would've caught that blooper, good job!
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
Mingeymuff

Omg

Postby Mingeymuff » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:55 am

man! it's a fictional show. Where have you ever seen any show of any sort that was high on city or geographical detail? The Simpsons? Family Guy? Come on, Matt and Trey are brilliant and I really dont think they care how it looks as long as you get the idea. It was still funny as sh*t.
this_bitch_bites

Re: Omg

Postby this_bitch_bites » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:50 am

Mingeymuff wrote:man! it's a fictional show. Where have you ever seen any show of any sort that was high on city or geographical detail? The Simpsons? Family Guy? Come on, Matt and Trey are brilliant and I really dont think they care how it looks as long as you get the idea. It was still funny as sh*t.

I agree you should be consentrating on the dialioge

Return to “Season 10”