A Statement from Matt and Trey

Die neuesten South-Park-News

Moderators: Jana_loves_Cartman, el_vigilante

Bob-Comedy

A Statement from Matt and Trey

Postby Bob-Comedy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:14 pm

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.
agustina0407

Re: A Statement from Matt and Trey

Postby agustina0407 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:02 am

Well, this sucks! Why did Comedy Central had to censor Kyle's speech??
I totally ruined what could have been an excellent episode...
South Park es lo más! ♥
nylen

Postby nylen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:42 am

Well it is a shame. If Matt and Trey want to make a statement like they did in episode 200 and 201, they should be allowed so. I know of the threads made by muslim idiots. And when Matt and Trey withdrew the episode or censored it, it would be OK.
But a media company shouldn't give in. If Matt and Trey have bullocks enough to do such a good episode, CC should have the bullocks to send it, no matter what. And also i am really annoyed that this site withdrew both episodes.
What the hell is wrong with you people. Its a german site mainly. Who threatened you? No-One....well...then show it.
SomeKindOfMushroom

Postby SomeKindOfMushroom » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:36 am

And this is why we don't want minarets in switzerland.
smucky

Postby smucky » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Hey SomeKindOfMushroom, the reason minarets are banned in Switzerland is because of the people's religious bigotry and the fear mongering of blockhead politicians ... have you learned NOTHING from South Park ????

Dude, really, what the hell is Switzerland up to ? It makes enemies abroad for NO reason whatsoever ?
jznuri34

Postby jznuri34 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Given that I work a 3rd shift, I didn't get the chance to view the episode (also as my head was buried in sand:) but only heard about it later. I can believe and even somewhat understand that Comedy Central censored the image of Mohammed, but can't see the purpose in editing and deletion of other scenes including Kyle's speech. You know, I've learned something today. No matter how sacred some of the principles like the freedom of speech that this country was founded upon, regardless of people being people and being constantly offended by other people's point of view, none of our constitutional liberties in this great country truly matter when threats of violence or even more dire, loss of profit to corporate exectutives are made. Therefore, we should only speak our minds freely when it doesn't offend a few radical psychotic factions of a certain groups without any sense of humor that threaten massive destruction and loss of life, or more importantly, a drop in ratings and therefore profit. But that's just me. Maybe I'm wrong. And by the way, sorry for calling you douchebags (maybe a little extreme - maybe) in a previsous post but I hope you take it in context that many people around the world that post to this site have good ideas for episodes that will never be heard or considered that are way better than such episodes as "Flashbacks," "Cat Orgy," "Weight Gain 4000," "Jewbilee," "Stanley's Cup," and a few others. I just think that some ideas that are tossed around should make it into the writer's room. For example, could you imagine an episode ripping pharmaceuptical companies for all the drugs they hand out that people become addicted to combined with the US war on "illegal" drugs with Tweak trying to detox from coffee and possibly snorting coffee grounds? Okay. Enough. I'm done being a dick for today and whining about the validity of anonymous fans' ideas while making what might possibly qualify for meaningful remarks about the fourth amendment and patriotism. Peace out. I'm a gay fish:):) (just got through watching "Fishsticks" and I can't get that song out of my head - you bastards!!:)
Skatero

Postby Skatero » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:17 pm

@ SomeKindOfMushroom:

First I'm form Switzerland too.
Smucky sait it already. I think here in the country are too much idiots. The people can't think alone, that's why this s**t happened. Sorry my english is too bad for say more to this.

I watched the episode and this "peeping" is really annoying. The episode would be very good, but like that it isn't that good.
muetze198

Postby muetze198 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:28 am

Guys really this sucks! :cartmansopissedrightnow:
the episode 200 was awesome and the freedom of speach is untouchable Comedy Central is pissing me off :cartmanangry: :cartmanangry: God f*cking sh*t! BUT THESE GOD f*cking FAGS AREN`T INTERRESTING IN THAT! Mohammed was in South Park once again and No ONE was interestet in that .
the_chosen_one

Postby the_chosen_one » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:46 pm

@childofthesun

are the two banned episodes at southparkstudios.com online?

@all

unbelievable what happend. ... i mean, the suckers are from new york, ... not from afghanistan. ... so why the f*ck no one is doing something against this islamistic group?! ... hopefully kyles dad is going to sue their asses! ^^
My parents beating me, and Mr. Mackey is gay
Mile High

Postby Mile High » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Actually I thought it was supposed to be some kind of "meta-joke"...well, stupid me^^
Its a shame Comedy Central is pussying out on this issue. 199 episodes into broadcasting the show they apparently didnt figure out what South Park is about. At least John Stewart had your backs on his show:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-a ... th-threats

Please dont give in to those clowns (thats CC and the stupid kooks who dare to threaten you)! I know you guys are always going to find a backdoor to get your point across.

Muham...SANTA CLAUS :santa: :lol:

@jznuri34: I like your speech. Sounds like the way Kyle puts it. :wink:
I disagree about your other ideas though, because its hurting the integrity of the show in my opinion. By the way 1403 already picks up on American drug policy. Anyway this discussion is probably off-topic.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:30 pm

First welcome to the board, Mile High :)

You make some valid points. That John Stewart clip you provided was good, but Stewart didn't go enough - he too is paid by CC.

It may have happened that this threat was by a small group in New York, and Matt and Trey live in L.A. and Colorado. But it only takes one create havoc. Look at Prof. Chaos for example :chaos:

But seriously, MnT many not have had any say in this. We are not lawyers, and we don't know the consequences of the contract MnT have with CC. It seems CC has the final word, and CC was scared enough to censor the show, and not allow streaming of the episode on SPS. Doesn't CC know that CC would not where they are today without 14 years of SP? Doesn't CC know that on cable anything goes? Or are they worried about sponsorship money as if CC was on broadcast TV or were they really worried about the lives of the staff and crew of SPS?

Cable is supposed to be different than broadcast TV in that they can say and do certain things that the F.C.C. (Federal Communications Commission) won't allow on broadcast TV. But cable still has commercials, and CC is worried about the commercial money, just as any broadcast over-the-air for free broadcast company would worry. This doesn't make sense. And if it doesn't make sense it's just not right (paraphrasing SP's version of Johnny Cochran's Chewbacca Defense).

With the threats against CC and MnT, the FBI could have easily been called in to look into this extremist group, and offer 24/7 protection to MnT, the staff, and CC officials until the problem is under control by the federal agencies.

As children we are taught never to give in to bullies. As we grow older we learn we never give in to terrorists or else the threats will never end. In this case, CC gave into the terrorists. Here is my own emoticon: :sad state of affairs:
Jack_Tenorman

Postby Jack_Tenorman » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:00 am

At this point I have to say your shows are pure genius. I really love your shows, especially South Park the greatest satire I know.
I think you are completly sane - please don't take me wrong, I consider most of humanity to be absolutely crazy - but you two guys seem to be completely unaffected.

I was shocked to hear that you were threatened, and I coulnd't unterstand why. How could anyone be offended by this episode? -Except for Semen - excuse me- i mean Sea-man .....aaand Tim Burton...........and Jimmy Buffett.........................

and Barbara Streisand, again, I give you that....

oh yeah and Buddhists, Buddhist would be offended, If they actually cared....

really a fun and great Episode... even though the bleeps weren't some meta-joke, it did illustrate your point.
Sometimes it seems to me that islamic extremist are watching everything Americans do, just to find a reason to get pissed off....
The muslims I know are very kind and peaceful people, who only want to be accepted the way they are.
Just like the crusades of the cristian church (incidentally mostly against Muslims, but also everyone who wasn't chistian) the Djihad is totally hypocritical- It's absolutely contradictory to their actual faith.

One last thing: I'm German, I'm a Hippie, I'm (more or less) catholic, I'm a pothead,I'm pacificst, I'm an anti-imperialist anti-capitalistic anarchist, I'm also French. ^^
Am I pissed off at you? do I threaten you and all your co-workers , just because I disagree with you?

Why is everybody so afraid of the truth? Why do they all care so much about the obvious lies?
Vipex

Postby Vipex » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:30 pm

This is the biggest ... ever ! I know i will never see the episode in german but i have the 2 episode what get deteld ask me for it and i will give it to you :cartmanevil:

AND DONT DETELE A EPISODE AGAIN ! this was so good episodes... And for all its only a TV show , it isn´t real :cartmansopissedrightnow:

But Southpark makers nice work , the episode was so great thanks ! :lol:
Fuckwit

Postby Fuckwit » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:44 pm

I love the way everyone makes a big fuss about Muslims. But air a show that calls all Catholic priests child molesters and noone cares LOOL!!! Religion will always spark up rows - although i can't believe Islam is still a 'hot' subject. Good on Switzerland - i mean try to erect a Church in Tehran.....If we can't, why should they?!
basic123

Postby basic123 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:55 pm

I hope Comedy Central give us the uncesored Episodes back and give a f*ck about muslims. Seriously WHY are they watching South Park if they dont like it?

Return to “Schlagzeilen”