Japan obtained Kuril islands and island Sakhalin?

Moderator: Big-Will

pauel

Japan obtained Kuril islands and island Sakhalin?

Postby pauel » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:35 pm

In episode #6 of season #15 we saw a political map of the world (10 minutes and 36 seconds). On this map Japan was pained with Southern Kuril islands and with a whole island Sakhalin. These territories belong to Russia Federation. I appeal to creators of South Park and ask them to explain, why these territories on that map belonged to Japan and not to Russia? And also I appeal to the creators to correct this mistake.
Zazaban

Re: Japan obtained Kuril islands and island Sakhalin?

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Because wee little geographical errors are common on half-hour television shows. And nobody is ever going to fix it, because it is trivial.

It also shows a united Korea and Brunei as including all of Malaysian Borneo.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:33 pm

They get their German from Google Translate, and can't be bothered remembering character's names.
North Korea got liberated by team america in SP universe I guess?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Unassumption wrote:North Korea got liberated by team america in SP universe I guess?

Don't explain Brunei.
skurtz wrote:

VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:25 am

pauel wrote:I appeal to creators of South Park and ask them to explain, why these territories on that map belonged to Japan and not to Russia?

Because it's a world where you can easily travel from Colorado to China and back by school bus?
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:48 am

Russia has enough land, anyway.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:53 am

Did russia melt or something, it's not on the map? How can you question weather an island it owns is labelled as theirs when the map doesn't show it. Who needs to respect russia in our asian respect assembly lol blame lu kim
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:16 am

Unassumption wrote:Did russia melt or something, it's not on the map? How can you question weather an island it owns is labelled as theirs when the map doesn't show it. Who needs to respect russia in our asian respect assembly lol blame lu kim

Russia isn't on the map because it's too close to Sarah Palin's window where she can see it. It can't be in Asia :P

But the map: the RED chinese and the YELLOW japanese; subtle coloring of the map.

And the shape of the Islands of japan, reminds me of something you might see on a Rorschach test?

EDIT: Yay! my new avy is appearing! It's holding a City Sushi flyer from Postman Butters :D
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:24 am

The Chinese are Red AND yellow, they should be orange. Japan looks dirty now you told me it's an inkblot of an island :@
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:03 pm

This thread could be moved to the Season 15 bloopers area, because the OP is indeed correct about Korea and the Kuril Islands (and the Brunei thing, too.)

Korea was of course, reunited after Team America defeated Kim Jong Il in 2004, so that's expected. :lol:

There are two more items on the map that seem out of character for Mr. Lu Kim to miss.
First it shows the former Portuguese possession of Macau which was returned to China in the late 90's.
Second, it shows Taiwan as an independent country; a major faux pas for a supposed Chinese Patriot. China still regards the island of Formosa as part of China.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Is Lu Kim pro-china in a modern sense though? He left it to come to America after all. Maybe he likes the china that's hiding out on Taiwan but then he labelled the mainland China. Probably a blooper.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Unassumption wrote:Is Lu Kim pro-china in a modern sense though? He left it to come to America after all. Maybe he likes the china that's hiding out on Taiwan but then he labelled the mainland China. Probably a blooper.

He's the persona of a mentally ill white man, he doesn't have to make any sense.
skurtz wrote:

Return to “Season 15”