Season 16 Bloopers - 1610 Insecurity

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 1

Season 16 Bloopers - 1610 Insecurity

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:32 am

I couldn't find the Season 16 Blooper forum, so I'll post here. Hopefully this post can be moved later to Season 16:

In Kyle's house towards the very end of the episode (1610 - Insecurity), we see Randy and Chris Stotch running from the UPS truck just before it blows up. Insecurity calls the driver: "This is Brian with Insecurity. Is everything alright?" UPS driver: "No, they blew up my car! They blew up my car!"

UPS drivers use a TRUCK, not a CAR. I say this is a blooper. Calling a UPS truck a car? Come on now; no one during production caught this? Those big brown things UPS drivers use are TRUCKS. Randy and Chris did not blow up a car.
Niels0827

Re: Season 16 Bloopers - 1610 Insecurity

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:36 am

You created a thread for this?

1. a. a self-propelled road vehicle designed to carry passengers, esp one with four wheels that is powered by an internal-combustion engine
b. ( as modifier ): car coat
2. a conveyance for passengers, freight, etc, such as a cable car or the carrier of an airship or balloon
3. ( Brit ) a railway vehicle for passengers only, such as a sleeping car or buffet car
4. chiefly ( US ), ( Canadian ) a railway carriage or van
5. chiefly ( US ) the enclosed platform of a lift
6. a poetic word for chariot

It's a car.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:42 am

They are trucks. Look it up. I did:

UPS trucks are built by an automotive manufacturing firm called Grumman Olson. Trucks, not cars. In 1966 Grumman and UPS got together to develop the now familiar UPS P-600 and P-800 truck bodies, featuring lift-up fiberglass hoods and translucent fiberglass roofs. <---- "truck bodies," not car bodies.

I repeat, in the episode, the UPS driver is talking to the security company saying twice that his "car" was blown up. He should have said "truck" as it was a truck that got blown up. Surely the South Park production team should have caught this blooper before air time.

Niels0827 wrote:You created a thread for this?

No, I tried to post in the Season 16 Blooper Forum, the forum where bloopers are posted. That's the purpose of a blooper forum.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:50 am

Doesn't make it incorrect. People refer to cars as trucks and vice versa all the time. A car is a motorized vehicle. Trucks fit into that category. They are specific cars.

Call them what you want. Put this superfluous shit in the post-air discussion. It's not a blooper, and doesn't warrant its own thread.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 am

I guess we're no longer doing bloopers here. Just send them to my inbox and I'll check them out.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:00 am

Niels0827 wrote:Doesn't make it incorrect. People refer to cars as trucks and vice versa all the time. A car is a motorized vehicle. Trucks fit into that category. They are specific cars.

Actually, that bugs the hell out of me too. SUVs aren't trucks or wagons, they're SUVs. My Aunt Mary keeps calling hatchbacks wagons. It also makes me sad for humanity when someone calls a magazine a "book", but I digress.

One other blooper I thought I spied... did the Indian call center guy get his voice and name changed in the later scenes, or was that a completely different guy?
soundbag

Postby soundbag » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 pm

I knew what he meant, car, truck what ever...

Return to “Season 15”