*1605: Butterballs* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Zazaban

Re: *1605: Butterballs* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Zazaban » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:55 pm

^^^ I hope that's it. That would be hysterical. He could pull the bobble off of his hat and claim it's a yarmulke.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:01 pm

The title "Butterballs" means that theoretically the victim is Butters. But since the press release and the episode description only mention Stan, and the press pics and preview clip mention Stan and Mr. Mackey, the phrase "Butterballs" may refer to something else. So I think Butters won't be the A plot, and he might not have any important part in the episode at all, though I highly doubt that Butters wouldn't.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:07 pm

This might sound dumb but what does Butterballs really means? Does it mean a Turkey or some kind of bird? I'm curious :mrgreen:
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Butterball is a brand of turkey, but in this case I think it has to do with the words 'Butters' and 'balls'.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:42 pm

99 i fail wrote:Butterball is a brand of turkey, but in this case I think it has to do with the words 'Butters' and 'balls'.

Thank you!
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:17 pm

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Butters merely had a minor back ground part, (1 line, maybe 2), and the "butterballs" title ends up reffering to something completely different in the B-story plot. M&T have been doing a mis-direction in the title and preview clip several times in the last 2 years so far.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Finally!! My laptop crapped out last night and didn't get to see the preview until just now. And my goodness knowing what it is..!!

I am so happy they are taking on such a big thing like bullying. It really frustrates me there are kids who don't give a sh*t and torment others. There have been suicides and all sorts of things because of it. So Butters is the victim of a bully in the ep??

And Stan's going to do a music video to raise awareness?? Omg that is gold. Why a music video?? But if he is and there's nothing more to it than to raise awareness, ya for him! What a brave, sweet kid to do something like this. I hope it won't be a bust. :/

Wonder what has Mackey in tears in image 1?? Ahhhh so friggin' excited for Wed!!! Sounds extremely promising!!! :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 am

My bet for the bully's identity is on the 5th graders who fought with Butters over the 99% out by the Red Robin.

Funny clip BTW, looking forward to this one now.
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:13 am

I can't help but think Stan is the bully. Not intentionally, but because something he says is interpreted as bullying due to extreme political correctness/over protectiveness. Thus, making the video is his punishment.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:26 am

Butters is definitely the victim according to the description.
We know that much...
but from who?
perhaps the dude who was shouting at Mackey (kangaroo man)
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:28 am

^I think Stan just wanted to make a video just 'cause. Never in a million years would I think Stan would be the bully. Yes, they made Cartman Jewish, but at least that made about 5% sense in that case form prior experiences. Stan being the bully, from prior experiences, would make 0% sense.

P.S. I don't think this involves Butters, because in the press release, press images, and preview clip, he wasn't seen, heard, or mentioned. I think 'Butterballs' is something else, maybe a slue of some sort.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 am

The description says
"...Butters is the victim of an unlikely bully"
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:34 am

I have a feeling Kyle and Cartman are going to sit this one out after the events of Jewpacabra.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:44 am

I wonder just why making a video will be so risky for Stan. If he makes it, would he become the target of bullying himself?
And Stan bullying Butters? I really don't think that's what happens. They get along fine enough, Stan would never push Butters around if Cartman isn't there to fuel the fire.
It is almost ironic Stan is making the video since he himself is the victim of a bullying sister. It would be cool if Shelley were in this episode somehow.
Also wonder how the song will go. And sooo looking forward to Stan singing and dancing! Should be highly humorous and adorable. :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:48 am

(ugly)Bob wrote:The description says
"...Butters is the victim of an unlikely bully"

Hmm, unlikely? First name that comes to mind is :timmy:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”