The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Tyrannosaurus Rex ....to....... Chicken

Something ain't right about that.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:13 am

Proof we could get a chicken large enough to feed a nation or someone like me for a night! We could make chickens as big as t-rex if we breed them right!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:37 am

Pip Tweek wrote:Tyrannosaurus Rex ....to....... Chicken

God has a sick sense of humour.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:22 am

Zazaban wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:Tyrannosaurus Rex ....to....... Chicken

God has a sick sense of humour.

Well, they say God created man at his own image. If that's so, this whole world is screwed!
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:57 am

Well, they say God created man at his own image. If that's so, this whole world is screwed

And the hear-after is screwed too if he appears like us with all our 'eccentricities'

I love ancient texts from very different cultures, they show what we take for granted wasn't always accepted; the day/night cycle wasn't always known to have been caused by the sun, but if you're like me you associate the two things so strongly it's hard to detach the ideas. Other cultures that preserve older ways of life are like time machines we don't need old texts for them either. It seems hard for people now to read an old book without imposing modern meaning on it though or even look at something happening in foreign lands without thinking it happened for the reasons it would here. Hell some people can't think other people here have different values or beliefs to them in the same situation. I hate having to admit i'm the same species as many other people and probably share all their foibles.EH I've said that so many times in the past it seems old now.

The Moharve desert is spelled wrong. Why do people keep putting a J in it. I think we should translate how things are spelled into our nation's spelling rules!

The moharvey desert has foreign devil's immigrating to it from far away lands; grass species! They have filled the sands with flammable material, and could set the desert aflame D: I hope it happens because a burning desert would be soooo coooooool.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:28 am

Unassumption wrote:I think we should translate how things are spelled into our nation's spelling rules!

Like in Serbia. They write everything (foreign names included) fonetically. In Serbian your name would be Pol Kuk.

Unassumption wrote:I hope it happens because a burning desert would be soooo coooooool.

What would I give to see that!
Last edited by Mamont on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Even what is phonetic depends on how we pronounce letters; the ooh sound in Japanese is "e" and it doesn't seem to be a "u" to me.

I hear rivers have burned before, which is horrible pollution but hella cool to look at.

I wonder what cleaning products taste like sometimes; wish I could figure that out without f*cking my insides!

Why 0.999.... = 1
And why it is not!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
kylekennypiptweek

Postby kylekennypiptweek » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Unassumption wrote:Even what is phonetic depends on how we pronounce letters; the ooh sound in Japanese is "e" and it doesn't seem to be a "u" to me.

I hear rivers have burned before, which is horrible pollution but hella cool to look at.

I wonder what cleaning products taste like sometimes; wish I could figure that out without f*cking my insides!

Why 0.999.... = 1
And why it is not!

Yeah, sometimes I wonder that too.
Maybe you could like spray a little on your tounge? :tweek:
Cheerful misery with a best friend is better than eternal misery wherever else.

BEST CHARACTERS IN SOUTH PARK
1.Kyle
2.Kenny
3.Pip
4.Tweek
5.Butters
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:32 am

Unassumption wrote:and it doesn't seem to be a "u" to me.

oo = u
Croatian orthography is mosty phonetic. That's why I often forget that "phonetic" has "ph" and not "f". Same is in all slavic languages.
In most cases our orthography is much simpler. We write word how we hear them.
The most complicated and nonsence thing in our orthography is writin "j" (sound like "y") between vowels. E. g. "policija" (police). It's completely redundant.

Unassumption wrote:I hear rivers have burned before, which is horrible pollution but hella cool to look at.

Recently a sea was on fire too.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Phonetic is not spelled fonetically, definition of irony!

I hear from FBI files that anti-freeze tastes like fruit juice, which it kinda looks like, which is why some kids drink it and die. Ethanol has an alcohol group on one of it's two carbons, I wondered what would happen if it had an alcohol group on the other; it would be come anti-freeze! Anti-freeze has alcohol on it's alcohol :)

This guy sings about enzymes;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nNjvoJs ... D#t=44m30s
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Mamont wrote:Croatian orthography is mosty phonetic. That's why I often forget that "phonetic" has "ph" and not "f". Same is in all slavic languages.
In most cases our orthography is much simpler. We write word how we hear them.

Makes more sense.

What really get me are silent letters. I don't understand the f*cking point. Especially in french. "Versailles" is pronounced like "Versai." The last four letters are utterly pointless.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:53 pm

They're just relics of the history of the word usually, vestigial organs. They used to be pronounced but aren't any more. I wish we had as much freedom to change how we spelled things, as we have to change how we say them; the one being set in stone, while the other can change, almost forces a difference to grow between them. I don't like how we try pinning laws down to changeless documents like constitutions, while society keeps changing, for the same reason; it just leads to people pretending the laws said something they clearly don't, to match society.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Unassumption wrote:I wondered what would happen if it had an alcohol group on the other; it would be come anti-freeze! Anti-freeze has alcohol on it's alcohol :)

I always though antifreeze has three OH's in it... I guess you learn something new every day.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Her mam has three OH's in her. ...wat... I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:56 am

Dammit, I totally forgot to post this while it was still yesterday.

http://www.frys.com/ads/page7
Scroll down to the bottom quarter of the page, and look at what's above "Computer Accessories". :mrgreen:

Oh, speaking of Computer Accessories, my backup hard drive decided to die on me. :? I honestly can't remember if I had anything on there that I don't already have somewhere else.

Return to “Hot Topics”