*1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Discussi

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

forbidden_moose

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby forbidden_moose » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:15 pm

I think episodes that parody some what obscure source material never go over well with all the fans (I usually find them really funny) Like Pip, Britney's New Look and the ending of City Sushi
xXILoveStan15Xx

Postby xXILoveStan15Xx » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:19 pm

They changed so much...but i still love them
xXILoveStan15Xx

Postby xXILoveStan15Xx » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:42 pm

why the f*ck cant i see my f*cking comment and my f*cking picture of my f*cking avatar??it pisses me f*cking off,why the f*ck??????????
zzyzx 1

Re:

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:55 pm

xXILoveStan15Xx wrote:why the f*ck cant i see my f*cking comment and my f*cking picture of my f*cking avatar??it pisses me f*cking off,why the f*ck??????????

Because you just joined the board today. A mod or above has to approve you first to make sure your account is real and not a spammer account. Once approved all your posts will suddenly appear. You're not a spammer, are you? Then you have nothing to worry about and all your posts will appear soon !

And xXILoveStan15Xx, welcome to the board. I hope you have a great experience here :)

btw, have YOU ever been zipling before? Looks like fun 8)
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:18 pm

forbidden_moose wrote:I think episodes that parody some what obscure source material never go over well with all the fans (I usually find them really funny) Like Pip, Britney's New Look and the ending of City Sushi

The only one of these I would count as obscure is "Britney's New Look" and its ties to The Lottery. (Although I didn't read the story until a couple years after I'd seen the episode, and I still found the episode entertaining.) Dickens is hardly obscure; even if you haven't read any, the stories are all over the place. And the ending of City Sushi? Really? I've never even seen Psycho and I figured out the reference. It's one of those things like Citizen Kane; enough people have talked about the story and the ending that it's kind of a mass cultural awareness.
I Shouldn't Be Alive also isn't exactly obscure. It's currently running, and just seeing ads for it was enough for me to know what they were referencing, though I probably would have found the dramatic narration about boredom to be pretty funny anyway. And if you've ever seen a "dramatic reenactment" anywhere (and they are, and have been, quite prevalent in dozens of shows) the whole thing was pretty funny. I mean, hell, they've filmed a dramatic reenactment in-universe on South Park itself, with the crew of America's Most Wanted showing up during "Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut."
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
HJR

Postby HJR » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:01 pm

This was the worst episode ever! This new season has been ok. They had one great one. But they go and ruin it with this crap! Bahhhhh :cry:

The last one before this one was funny though. I want another alien episode! Those are always pretty good...
HJR

Postby HJR » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Nevermind I take that back this episode has been great forgot about the cash for gold and ooolong johnson episode. Those were funny also.

But this episode was crap.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re:

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:47 pm

xXILoveStan15Xx wrote:why the f*ck cant i see my f*cking comment and my f*cking picture of my f*cking avatar??it pisses me f*cking off,why the f*ck??????????

This part of the board is weird. Normally I would need to approve both your posts before anyone could see your posts and avatar, but I didn't have to this time, and there's no approval for you present in the queue. Still, you should be good now, so, welcome! :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
xXILoveStan15Xx

Postby xXILoveStan15Xx » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:14 pm

SouthPark changed so much,but i still like them :3 ;'(
xXILoveStan15Xx

Postby xXILoveStan15Xx » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:16 pm

hey tnx for saying that,no but i would like to try it :D
addictedtoblur314

Postby addictedtoblur314 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:02 pm

Yeah, the trolling has gotten really bad, here. Makes the Blur forums seem friendly, geeze.

Anyway. I know I posted before, but isnt it possible that they KNEW this would happen with the live action? Perhaps M&T are trolling US. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but that seems to be something they could do.

And of course SP is changing. The world is changing. Society will keep on being stupid, and we have to make fun of its stupidity

. And the wide variety topics that m&t lampoon and will lampoon makes South Park special. I'm always excited for what they'll do next, even if I dont like an episode, I always can't wait what will happen next. I haven't been watching very long, but I'm so attached to the characters, and I love making connections between RL and south park. Because it IS real life in cartoon form. You know? It's so RELEVANT.

If you guys really hate it that much, watch family guy.

Sorry I went a little off topic, but I thought it was important to throw that out there. Troll me if you will, but I'm sticking to my (perhaps unhealthy) obsession with south park. It kept me sane during my most troublesome times and I met so many awesome people irl through this show, including an individual that likes likes me a lot lot and i like like him a lot lot too.

And now I'm gonna cry because I just feel so close to it...okay I sound pathetic but it's true. <3 Maybe I'll just throw on my Tweek Cosplay.....
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Donegati

Postby Donegati » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Wait wat!!

You guys must be joking!
"I Should Never Have Gone Ziplining" was an AMAZING episode! One of my favorites, definately!

I mean, first of all, the group trip. THAT WAS SO ACCURATE, because group trips are so goddamn boring, there's always someone who got late and always, aalways a Smartie Panties who asks questions about the trees, and the river, thiking that it makes them 'oh so clever'.
And let's face it. Ziplining is the sh*t.

But the live action... was... brilliant! Really, maybe some people didn't like it because they didn't get it, or, idk. I don't understand why anyone would not like. They made it look like the scenes were too shocking to be seen with the real victims of the situation, so they put fake characters there, which were real people, and that was genious.
Besides that, not making a real life blonde Kenny or redheaded Kyle was BRILLIANT! Denying physical characteristics that we know for a fact, they made a really innaccurate live action South Park, which ended up allowing them to make a live action (which, let's face it, was awesome) without spoililing our imagination on the boys real looks! Matt and Trey are geniuses!!
And honestly.... nothing made me laugh more than the live action Mr. Hankey being a huge crap with strong voice.
LegendofJosh

Postby LegendofJosh » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:40 pm

99 i fail wrote:
LegendofJosh wrote:The episode two weeks about about Easter (can't recall the exact name, something along the lines of Jawarkawuz LOL sp? - was the worst episode in the entire history of the South Park franchise. I realize that is a very bold statement, but it's the truth.

I had told myself, with an episode THAT BAD, the rest of this season would have to do some serious digging to dig itself out of this season going down in history as the worst SP season to date. Then the unthinkable happened. This episode happened.

By far, the two worst episodes EVER in the franchise's entire catalog. Do you guys realize we're talking about hundreds of episodes! Never before have I been this grossly disgusted this closely in a single season. No other episodes even come close, and believe me I've seen them all, countless times.

I've never not once been critical of SP, but I think mabye that times has come. These two episodes have just pushed me over the edge I think. It's also just very enigmatic what's going on.

OK, you have the season debut with Reverse Cowgirl. Not the greatest season opener, but not the worst either. I actually liked it... I'd say 8/10. Then I really liked Cash for Gold... a lot of you guys thought it was excessive and a waste of time with the song and map and plane going back and forth to India. I really liked that episode 8/10.

I was indifferent to Faith Hilling. Part of it I loved, some parts of it I hated with a passion. The train angle was great. 6.5/10. Faith Hilling seems to be the "fan favorite" so far this season... just not my cup of tea.

Then we were BLESSED with Butterballs Bully episode. It was sheer genius! Pure comedy gold from beginning to end. IMO, it was better than every single episode from the past three seasons! It was IMO the definition of a classic SP episode. I place it right up there with the all time greats. Maybe I am personally overrating it, but to me it's worthy of being a Top 10 overall pick, and that coming from me such a diehard fan really says a lot.

... so I was super psyched about the new episode this week... but after actually watching it ... OMG, everything about Ziplining episode was trash! 100% garbage! I realize Matt & Trey threw a different angle at us with the "real life" characters, but even that part was horrible, and it doesn't do anything to salvage it from being pretty much the worst of the worst.

I can't decide which was worse.... the Easter one or Ziplining... OMG, both were just unbearable. I was honestly embarrassed watching them, by myself! I felt raped. I felt like I was being tortured. Both of them were nothing more than 1/10. Ive never rated any single episode THAT low.

The one and only funny part of the Easter episode was when Cartman was like "Jesus loves me this I know... because the republicans ... tell me so" LOL ... but that one single part doesn't even begin to be its saving grace.

I'm just going to be hoping ... hoping like hell Matt & Trey blow us away with another all time classic next week. That's the only way I can possibly be left to believe there's still some hope for season 16.

^Note to legit SP fans, the above is an example of trolls. They come up with psychotic conspiracy theories that say that SP has gone downhill and that M&T are the worst since season 1. They post about how they registered just to say this episode was the worst in the SP franchise. There are some episodes that are almost completely indisputably the 20 worst episodes of all time. Any episode this season with the possible exception of "Cash for Gold" is not on that list.

If anyone said this episode or 'Butterballs' were the worst episodes of all time, GET THE F*** OUT OF HERE AND STOP WATCHING! And you guys could hate the live action parts, but don't say that they were unbearably the worst thing you've ever watched in the history of South Park. Now THAT'S trolling.

And another note to LEGIT fans, ignore the people who say 1/10 on every episode and start their psychotic theories on how South Park is 'selling out'

Wow dude - I think YOU might just want to chill out. This is a public message board, and everyone here is entitled to their own personal opinion(s). You probably think 99% of any *new* poster is a troll, but the fact of the matter is, you don't know that.

I can only imagine how *legit* fans and posters who really want to contribute and engage in worthwhile discussion feel after someone like "you" just jumps out of the woodwork and claims they're a troll. I am one of those *legit* fans and my post was 100% how I felt about this episode and this season so far. I wasn't just bashing... did you NOT read how I was praising Cowgirl and Cash for Gold? Did you not see how I was saying Butterballs was one of the greatest of all time?

I can already tell you're one of those so-called fans who think you're some *elite* fan and that your opinions are high-and-mighty while most other posters just need to keep quite and let you seemingly just attempt to bully other posters (especially new ones such as myself)... am I right? It's short-sighted, narrow-minded, gun-jumping, trigger-pulling posters like YOU that actually degrade any said message board.

_____

On another note after having to post to captain jackass above - I think I may have personally overrated Butterballs in the aspect that I made the statement it was > all of the past three seasons.

After further evaluation: those listed below are better than or equal to Butterballs.

Season 13 - Fishsticks, Butters' Bottom Bitch

Season 14 - The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs, Creme Fraiche

Season 15 - The Last of the Meheecans, 1% (how in the hell could have I have forgotten this one?!)

Here's a quick list of others from the past three seasons that are just as good and/or equal to Butterballs Bully: W.T.F., Poor and Stupid, City Sushi

(also, why doesn't my own personal avatar show?)
Adriana80

Postby Adriana80 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:14 pm

This latest episode couldn't have been more real of our 420 adventure yesterday to Venice beach gone wrong. We all were excited that it was over 80 degrees and why not go to Venice on 420,even though I dont smoke out of my friends it should be fun. Friday traffic hit and we didn't want to be stuck in traffic, so we ended up taking Pacific coast highway all the way up, we were in the car for over 2 hours until we all realized we were lost, none of us have a smart phone to see where the hell we were, the weather was not how it was when we left, it was overcast and cold and foggy, really weird. we finally just said okay lets go to citywalk, "long story short" we ended up in the car for another two hours driving in one big circle, we went to a gas station and finally asked for a map that looked like it had been drawn by kids, we finally got to the freeway and saw Universal city. we parked walked around, we couldnt decide what to eat, we had johnny rockets, and we left. On the way home my stomach hurt from the chili cheese fries i had, i felt exactly like cartman, i was actually holding in my farts. until finally we made it home safe. my brother talked about this latest episode and was cracking up because it was exactly like our trip. so I watched the episode, created an account, and I am posting this now that this was the best episode because it related so much to what we had to go through. "I shouldve never agreed to go to Venice with my pot-smoking friends"
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:06 am

LegendofJosh wrote:The episode two weeks about about Easter (can't recall the exact name, something along the lines of Jawarkawuz LOL sp? - was the worst episode in the entire history of the South Park franchise. I realize that is a very bold statement, but it's the truth.

Okay, so it's the worst episode. WHY is it the worst? Here's the thing with criticisms like this: they're completely hollow. All you're saying is it's bad...which isn't going to change the opinion of ANYONE who thinks it's good.

It's bad. WHY? Why is it bad?

LegendofJosh wrote:I had told myself, with an episode THAT BAD, the rest of this season would have to do some serious digging to dig itself out of this season going down in history as the worst SP season to date. Then the unthinkable happened. This episode happened.

And by now every single person reading this is yawning. You continue to say that the episode is bad without explaining why, and you've already used up two paragraphs.

LegendofJosh wrote:By far, the two worst episodes EVER in the franchise's entire catalog. Do you guys realize we're talking about hundreds of episodes! Never before have I been this grossly disgusted this closely in a single season. No other episodes even come close, and believe me I've seen them all, countless times.

More fluff. More drivel. It's f*cking incredible that the only thing you've managed to say in three paragraphs is that the episode is bad. Do you have NO respect for your reader?

LegendofJosh wrote:I've never not once been critical of SP, but I think mabye that times has come. These two episodes have just pushed me over the edge I think. It's also just very enigmatic what's going on.

4 paragraphs, dude.

LegendofJosh wrote:... so I was super psyched about the new episode this week... but after actually watching it ... OMG, everything about Ziplining episode was trash! 100% garbage! I realize Matt & Trey threw a different angle at us with the "real life" characters, but even that part was horrible, and it doesn't do anything to salvage it from being pretty much the worst of the worst.

Again, more "DIS EPISODE IS BAD" but at least you come close to an explanation with a reference to the live-action sequence.

The point of a review is to persuade the reader that your opinion of the movie/song/book/whatever is correct. You're a terrible persuasive writer. I wouldn't have picked you for the debating team.

"Communism is a BAD ideology. It's pretty much the worst of the worst. OMG, everything about communism was trash! 100% garbage! USSR and China, by far the two worst governments EVER. Do you guys realize we're talking about hundreds of governments? I realize this is a bold statement, but it's the truth."

You know what, I've already made my point over and over again like you have. But fortunately I know when to stop. I at least have SOME respect for my reader.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”