Season 16 so far has been.....

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanluv25

Re: Season 16 so far has been.....

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:16 pm

nwt000 wrote:Why does everyone hate Season 16A? I personally think Season 15A is way worse.

I know! People seem to complain about every little thing on SP but all this hate for season 16 so far is just way out of hand. I have laughed a lot more in 16 than 15A like I mentioned. The only ones I'd watch again from 15A would be YGO and CBAA *I guess*. The others are blah. But so far 16... lmao. I cannot for the life of me understand why everyone hated Cash for Gold. That is an episode I'm going to add to my 'defend' list. It does not deserve all the hate it is getting. To say that sucked balls but Jewpacbra was hilarious and brilliant...I'm sorry but it makes no sense.

I feel very good for the remaining 8 episodes of 16. I think this will end up being a great season all in all. :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
bebewendysp>

Postby bebewendysp> » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:49 pm

average
AtheistOtter

Postby AtheistOtter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Detectivesandyvagina wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:
Jimbeamo wrote:I saw someone give Jewpacabra 9/10 and just thought wtf were you watching!
It was the worst episode I've ever seen, by a mile.
That wasn't the same Cartman that we all know and love.

It's super funny how one can put in the effort to explain why one is rating an episode a certain way, even though it gets a lot of hate from a lot of people, and then have every bit of it be completely ignored.
It totally was the Cartman we know and love, because Cartman is driven by his self-interest, his fears, and his need to feel superior. All of these traits were fulfilled to a "T" in Jewpacabra, and it was flippin hilarious to watch him do his justification dance. Apart from that, the commentary of the episode was great, whether it was about the Finding Bigfoot guys or the Old Testament. And the look into Cartman's psyche was something to behold. It was very sad to see his deep-seated longing for a father figure manifest in such a way, and very interesting to watch him be overcome with panic before waking up and giving his self-satisfied speech. That is "wtf" I was watching, and why I rated the episode as high as I did.
(I'm totally sure that everyone read that, and it's cleared up any confusion about why I hold the opinion I hold.)

It's fine if you don't like an episode, but it gets really dull to see screams of "OMG, there have been potential changes! How dare they!" Seriously, you guys. Shift happens. It's okay. Please, please find a more compelling argument for your barrel of haterade.

I agree completely. People see the onesided 'Cartman hates Jews OMFG' but don't really pay attention that he'll do and say just about anything to make sure he ends up scot free in the end. A bunny suit covered in blood? If it wasn't jews that could save him but hippies he might have converted to that as well. And don't think for a minute once he's fully safe he didn't go back to his old Jew mocking ways.

QFT
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:37 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Why does everyone hate Season 16A? I personally think Season 15A is way worse.

I know! People seem to complain about every little thing on SP but all this hate for season 16 so far is just way out of hand. I have laughed a lot more in 16 than 15A like I mentioned. The only ones I'd watch again from 15A would be YGO and CBAA *I guess*. The others are blah. But so far 16... lmao. I cannot for the life of me understand why everyone hated Cash for Gold. That is an episode I'm going to add to my 'defend' list. It does not deserve all the hate it is getting. To say that sucked balls but Jewpacbra was hilarious and brilliant...I'm sorry but it makes no sense.

I feel very good for the remaining 8 episodes of 16. I think this will end up being a great season all in all. :)

I didn't think "Jewpecabra" was "hilarious" I thought it was entertaining. Cash for Gold, for me, was not entertaining. The shopping network segments lasted way too long and they did it so many times. The India montage thing suffered the same. Also, then there was Cartman doing the "I'm being f*cked" thing again. It completely missed its range in this episode, while it was funny in Humancentipad, it was just annoying here. It came across to me like Trey was going:

"Hey, you guys remember the "I'm getting f*cked" joke we did last season? You all loved it, so for that reason, I'm going to use it again and you'll still find it funny!" Guess, what T+M...that's what Family Guy does! The show you loathe so much (granted, it's a smaller scale in SP, but it's still blatantly obvious).

Jewpecabra won't be on any of my favorite's lists soon, but I felt Jewpecabra didn't try to milk out anything the way I felt Cash for Gold did, and that's what I appreciated about it. Also, a lot of people who hated Cash for Gold also hated "Faith Hilling" so for two weeks in a row they had to suffer through what they felt were bad episodes and this one (an episode that focused more on plot) felt refreshing. I don't think anyone claimed it to be their favorite episode.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:03 pm

raidpirate52 wrote:Jewpecabra won't be on any of my favorite's lists soon, but I felt Jewpecabra didn't try to milk out anything the way I felt Cash for Gold did, and that's what I appreciated about it. Also, a lot of people who hated Cash for Gold also hated "Faith Hilling" so for two weeks in a row they had to suffer through what they felt were bad episodes and this one (an episode that focused more on plot) felt refreshing. I don't think anyone claimed it to be their favorite episode.

It's my favorite of season 16 so far. Could probably even make it to my overall top ten, actually; I need to watch it a few more times before I could make that call.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:12 pm

And I know again, why people would dislike Cash for Gold. Those are reasons I myself would hate it. But those reasons ended up being great. Those scenes didn't drag on for me because they were part of the story and the jokes were hilarious. I agree they didn't need to show the jewelry trade twice but I love it. Sure Cartman being f*cked was used before but it's hard for me to complain when it's something that made me laugh. And if something made me laugh and feel good I don't care if it was used before.

Jewpacabra... for me was terrible because it was about something I did not care about. I don't care about the story of Easter. It had the sickening closeness of Cartman and Kyle that I so want to leave the show NOW. I laughed probably once or twice the whole episode. It was boring and I wanted it to end already. Of course I was annoyed there was no Stan too. But overall... not funny for me and I don't get how some can love it so.

But this is just me. No one is right or wrong here. We are just confused. :)

Haa, I love that line.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:11 am

closeness of Cartman and Kyle

That was only in the last 5 minutes of that episode the rest of it they spent arguing plus who would of saved Cartman if Kyle hadn`t i liked Jewpacabra.

I am liking season 16 i think its been good so far only one episode left until October. :(
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:21 am

There's been this weird 'closeness' with Cartman and Kyle for all of season 16. I just watched Grey Dawn tonight for the 7th time and couldn't help but lmao yet again how Cartman suggests strapping explosives to Kyle and he along with Country Kitchen Buffet, blow up and he's celebrating with Stan and Kenny. This is what I miss. This is the side of the two we need to see again because it's what they are and nothing but this works imho. Even in Ziplining the two were standing around together a lot which never happens. Change is good for some things, but other things need to remain untouched. It doesn't work.

I simply don't enjoy it but I know there's nothing I can do. But hope it stops soon. :/

Haa, I love that line.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:14 am

Stanluv25 wrote:There's been this weird 'closeness' with Cartman and Kyle for all of season 16. I just watched Grey Dawn tonight for the 7th time and couldn't help but lmao yet again how Cartman suggests strapping explosives to Kyle and he along with Country Kitchen Buffet, blow up and he's celebrating with Stan and Kenny. This is what I miss. This is the side of the two we need to see again because it's what they are and nothing but this works imho. Even in Ziplining the two were standing around together a lot which never happens. Change is good for some things, but other things need to remain untouched. It doesn't work.

I simply don't enjoy it but I know there's nothing I can do. But hope it stops soon. :/

You and me both. I don't like the closeness between them. It makes me cringe to see them getting all close and friendly. Argggh. I hope their closeness will come to an end soon. I miss those days where Cartman plans to kill Kyle and destroy all the Jews.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:22 am

yamilynn wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:There's been this weird 'closeness' with Cartman and Kyle for all of season 16. I just watched Grey Dawn tonight for the 7th time and couldn't help but lmao yet again how Cartman suggests strapping explosives to Kyle and he along with Country Kitchen Buffet, blow up and he's celebrating with Stan and Kenny. This is what I miss. This is the side of the two we need to see again because it's what they are and nothing but this works imho. Even in Ziplining the two were standing around together a lot which never happens. Change is good for some things, but other things need to remain untouched. It doesn't work.

You and me both. I don't like the closeness between them. It makes me cringe to see them getting all close and friendly. Argggh. I hope their closeness will come to an end soon. I miss those days where Cartman
plans to kill Kyle and destroy all the Jews.

make that three
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:41 am

It feels so forced and there's nor reason to it. What's next, is Cartman going to love hippies? It just doesn't work for his charcter to be friendly with Kyle like this. He has the three J's. No way can they work out.

Haa, I love that line.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:01 am

Stanluv25 wrote:What's next, is Cartman going to love hippies?

That would be pretty funny...

I can see it now: Cartman has something happen in his life that convinces him that conservation and peace are the only things that can save him. He becomes a robe-wearing longhair, preaching about Mother Earth and how she needs saving in his sweet-voiced mode. "Hi you guuuuys. Um, did you knoooow that, um, that all life and everything good comes from the eeeeaaarth... I'm seriously, you guys." And the other boys would go, "What the hell is wrong with you, dude?" And Cartman would start yelling, "Now you guys! I am trying to point out something very important to everyone! There's a hole in the ozone, and our reliance on fossil fuels has made the price of Snacky Cakes go up!" (or whatever the problem is)
I'd laugh my ass off.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:05 am

hahahaha! imagine if like the rest of the boys became cynical and stans like... waiting for them to get over it. could work lol
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
AtheistOtter

Postby AtheistOtter » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:21 am

NeuroHeart wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:What's next, is Cartman going to love hippies?

That would be pretty funny...

I can see it now: Cartman has something happen in his life that convinces him that conservation and peace are the only things that can save him. He becomes a robe-wearing longhair, preaching about Mother Earth and how she needs saving in his sweet-voiced mode. "Hi you guuuuys. Um, did you knoooow that, um, that all life and everything good comes from the eeeeaaarth... I'm seriously, you guys." And the other boys would go, "What the hell is wrong with you, dude?" And Cartman would start yelling, "Now you guys! I am trying to point out something very important to everyone! There's a hole in the ozone, and our reliance on fossil fuels has made the price of Snacky Cakes go up!" (or whatever the problem is)
I'd laugh my ass off.

Hahahahah! That'd be EPIC.
Boarstone

Postby Boarstone » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:07 pm

CWOT.

Cash for Gold was funny, was rest was boring und stupid as hell, most of all the last one with tht "live action" - that was the dumbest i've ever seen.

I'm so sad, because i really love SP... but not as it is now.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”