The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Unassumption

Re: The Randome Thread: Real Conversations Start Here!

Postby Unassumption » Mon May 07, 2012 7:27 pm

The bacteria deinococus radiodurans can survive very high radiation without mutation. In 2003, U.S. scientists demonstrated D, radiodurans could be used as a means of information storage that might survive a nuclear catastrophe. They translated the song It's a Small World into a series of DNA segments, inserted these into the bacteria, and were able to retrieve them without errors 1000 bacterial generations later.

AS IF ANYONE WILL KNOW HOW TO OPEN THE BOX AFTER THE NUCLEAR WAR?!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun May 13, 2012 7:30 am

Unassumption wrote:AS IF ANYONE WILL KNOW HOW TO OPEN THE BOX AFTER THE NUCLEAR WAR?!

Presumably God will open the box for us.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun May 13, 2012 7:33 pm

I went and saw Dark Shadows last night. It was alright. I spent alot of the movie looking for Jonathan Frid, and totally missed him.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Tue May 15, 2012 1:11 am

BRMBug wrote:I went and saw Dark Shadows last night. It was alright. I spent alot of the movie looking for Jonathan Frid, and totally missed him.

I've kinda wanted to see that. Posters up everywhere. Horrible close-ups of Depp and company looming over me while I wait for the bus, watching.
skurtz wrote:

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue May 15, 2012 3:04 am

It's pretty decent. I definitely recommend it. And upon reading on the IMDB's, I think he was in the "ball" scene. He's listed as "Guest" in the character list.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:38 am

Back from seeing my mom in Vegas. Had a WONDERFUL time of course! (I won $50, ya!!) But not long after coming home was reminded just how much my brother is annoying... he comes home all in work mode yapping to my sister's boyfriend about how he may need his help with some IT computer stuff then tells me 'you better not eat all my Oreos or I'm gonna kill you' as I'm eating a couple Oreos in a package in the fridge. It didn't have his name on it, I figured my dad got it. And it's not like he hasn't eaten something that wasn't his before either! :evil: No 'how was your trip?' or other friendly greeting. It doesn't matter that he asked about it after, the fact is as soon as he came in it had to be about him and he didn't ask us at all how Vegas was.

So back to a pot-smoking half brother who leave his piss on the toilet seat... :zombiekenny:

I AM SO SICK OF HIM!!! Move out already!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:40 pm

I want to leave where I am...

I HATE living with my parents. All we do is argue and yell all day. Then I have to listen to how much debt we are in....and how suddenly we owe so much money/debt that credit companies are after all and we now (suddenly) may lose our home if we don't catch up on our loans :shock:

We have taken out all our loans and now we are listed on the "black list". So we are technically bankrupt *parents would be 2nd time* and if we file, the house is gone :cry:

So we are trying desperatly not to. But my dad is the only one making necessary money (Mom is 'disabled' which is complete bullsh*t if you ask me...fat woman needs to stop falling and get off her ass! :evil: )

Meanwhile, I do have *Some* good news....I have a 'temp/seasonal' job. :o I'm working at an amusement park until September...or until I can find a better/full-time job...but it pays more than the pet store did (this is still a measly $8 an hour...still better than $7.50 though) and operating Rides sounds pretty fun :P
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue May 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Next time you see a carnie, remember they might have a degree :I

But my dad is the only one making necessary money

Although I don't gots me no job, it's annoying when people who don't work complain about money to people who do; my housewife mum always shouts at dad that he doesn't work enough overtime (Even though we're not in debt) even though she's never had a job in her life. I hope to take after her and marry a well-off hard-working doormat :P Not really, I don't think i'll ever marry.

Hope you can pay back all those debts - i need to worry more about money :S
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue May 15, 2012 4:38 pm

mo303564 wrote:this is still a measly $8 an hour...

Come to Croatia. With $8 an hour you'd be rich here... Well, not rich... Well off? No, not really. You'd be making more than average.
What would I give to earn that much money... God! My salary sucks!
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Tue May 15, 2012 4:45 pm

$8 in America=E$5 (five euros an hour) :roll:

In all honesty, it doesn't buy much these days. My dad makes $14.50 an hour full-time and that SUCKS. Most people here *average* in a full time job make $18.50 an hour!! :shock:

$8 in America will be gone in a jiffy. Not enough to buy an apartment. Not enough to buy much at all. It gives me a few months with student loans but I emphaise a FEW months. I'll need a better job by November/December or else I'll be in real trouble :cry: On the bright side, at least I won't be complaining come August...so yea it buys me til Christmas time.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue May 15, 2012 5:48 pm

mo303564 wrote:$8 in America=E$5 (five euros an hour) :roll:

I earn just over €2 an hour (minimum wage).

mo303564 wrote:I'll need a better job by November/December or else I'll be in real trouble :cry:

It's a long way off. Hope you'll find something till then.

I have to work in the brewery untill the end of summer. By that time I'll pay off the new computer and save some money for Manheim's (my metal band) first album. Then I can look for a better job.

I bitch about this job too much. It's not that bad. As a matter of fact I like it. Sure, it's a hard physical labor, but I like it better than stitting in some boring office all day (tried it). If only the salary was better.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 pm

I guess it depends on how much stuff costs where you live, as well as how much you earn?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Wed May 16, 2012 3:32 am

Since we're on the topic of jobs, a friend told me today he could try to get me a job doing environmental contracting. Fingers crossed.
skurtz wrote:

Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed May 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Unassumption wrote:I guess it depends on how much stuff costs where you live, as well as how much you earn?

Of course. I couldn't survive on my salary in your country. Here, I'm managing.

Germany's SPD (social democrats) says all EU countries should equalize their salaries. That'd be great, 'cause in 13 months Croatia will join EU, however I think it's utopia. One cannot expect Bulgaria or Romania (or Croatia) to have standard of Sweden or Denmark. It's just not possible.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed May 16, 2012 5:05 pm

We can as long as it's done slowly, rapid change is rarely good but shouldn't dishearten us from change.
Massively inflating the economy of a poor region isn't going to help much :I
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN

Return to “Hot Topics”