What's Your Favorite Stephen King Story?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

CrocoDuck

Re: What's Your Favorite Stephen King Story?

Postby CrocoDuck » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:34 am

Dark Tower Series

Even though its a thinly veiled sex novel.
Hit me up if you're in So Cal.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:21 am

Dr Sleep wrote:
Zazaban wrote:I haven't read a lot, but of what I've read, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption.

He frurstrates me, honestly, because I feel he has the talent that his work could be a lot better if he really wanted it to be. But he prefers to, essentially, just have fun, which I guess is fine too. But still, sometimes he reads like a rough draft.

He did do The Dark Tower. His talent reflected there.

I've heard that, and I've been wanting to check it out.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Dr Sleep

Postby Dr Sleep » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Zazaban wrote:
Dr Sleep wrote:
Zazaban wrote:I haven't read a lot, but of what I've read, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption.

He frurstrates me, honestly, because I feel he has the talent that his work could be a lot better if he really wanted it to be. But he prefers to, essentially, just have fun, which I guess is fine too. But still, sometimes he reads like a rough draft.

He did do The Dark Tower. His talent reflected there.

I've heard that, and I've been wanting to check it out.

Its a good book series. You should check it out.
maytess12 wrote:
Dr Sleep wrote:I was just on the Stephen King website, and apparently he's writing a sequel to The Shining. Ironically, it's called Dr. Sleep. Hmmm...

http://www.stephenking.com/future_works.html

Doctor Sleep, you never told us Jack Nicholson tried to kill you as a child!

I'm just teasing you :lol:

I never even he was my father until I read the description either. :lol:
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Actually, I'm curious to know. What is The dark tower about? I heard good things about.
Dr Sleep

Postby Dr Sleep » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:32 pm

maytess12 wrote:Actually, I'm curious to know. What is The dark tower about? I heard good things about.

Its a post apocalyptic western. Starring Roland Deschain of Gilead.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:55 pm

ome to think of it, I really want a dvd or bluray of Cujo

Was another good one, at least as a movie. Rabid dogs are scary! I hear from my dad, who reads all his books, that some supernatural reason was given in the book that was cut from the film, which would make it harder for me to imagine it actually happening and kinda undercut the scariness for me, but maybe he just described it (and the other books) badly? I should probably check them out since they're in the house, though they look so thick it'd take forever to read compared to just watching a film.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Dr Sleep

Postby Dr Sleep » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Unassumption wrote:
ome to think of it, I really want a dvd or bluray of Cujo

Was another good one, at least as a movie. Rabid dogs are scary! I hear from my dad, who reads all his books, that some supernatural reason was given in the book that was cut from the film, which would make it harder for me to imagine it actually happening and kinda undercut the scariness for me, but maybe he just described it (and the other books) badly? I should probably check them out since they're in the house, though they look so thick it'd take forever to read compared to just watching a film.

I like it when they mini series off his books instead movies. Because they can tell the precisely without cutting to much out of it. Instead of cramming it into two hours.

Stephen King is a brilliant writer but now its gotten to a point where hes running out of good ideas and he's just trying to see what he can write. So, I think The Dark Tower and 11/22/63 are a masterpiece
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Dr Sleep wrote:
Stephen King is a brilliant writer but now its gotten to a point where hes running out of good ideas and he's just trying to see what he can write. So, I think The Dark Tower and 11/22/63 are a masterpiece

11/22/63 I actually have, but I have not read it yet.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”