???

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Dr Sleep

???

Postby Dr Sleep » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:48 pm

In the episode Coon vs Coon and Friends, they had this thing where they made fun of Justin Beiber by killing him off. And then it hit. This will be one of final posts before I hit the road for good, not just from SP Studio (I have a thread in Off Topic Discussion that will explain)

But has anyone ever wondered why he didn't look Canadian in that episode? Considering he's Canadian?

maytess12

Re: ???

Postby maytess12 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Good catch! I never noticed that.

Its sad that you have to leave though. Its to be bad, I was starting to like you. (not in that way)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Its been brought up before. No one really knows for sure. It's been done with other Canadian celebs too. Dunno if the design team just forgot they were Canadian or what.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:39 pm

If you're a Canadian celebrity like Bieber or Edge (the wrestler, that is), you get to look normal.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:18 pm

I never bought that explanation, given the celine dion thing. I know she's well known as a canadian, compared to Bieber.

It just depends on what M and T felt like when they made them. Any in-universe explanation, fun as they can be to invent, is made up after the fact and probably BS as M and T almost don't follow any rules and that's why we love'em I guess XD
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Dr Sleep

Postby Dr Sleep » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:30 pm

maytess12 wrote:Its sad that you have to leave though. Its to be bad, I was starting to like you. (not in that way)

Maybe God can be on both sides of the gun.

The good thing is I won $1,000 when I entered that rap battle in Detroit. I leave at 1800 hours. That's when the next bus to West Virginia leaves.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Unassumption wrote:I never bought that explanation, given the celine dion thing. I know she's well known as a canadian, compared to Bieber.

She first appeared in "Not Without My Anus" where even the Iraqis "looked" Canadian (only the Americans looked American), so she got stuck with the look.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:20 pm

I just don't think they check where celebrities were born before including them. They, like many other people, probably just assumed he was American.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 am

It also made it easier for Cthulhu to eat Justin Bieber at the Staples' Center with a "normal" head than a two-piece Canadian head ;)

Return to “General South Park Discussion”