Didn't sound like Stan!!! - A History Channel Thanksgiving

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

NeuroHeart

Re: Didn't sound like Stan!!! - A History Channel Thanksgivi

Postby NeuroHeart » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:04 am

Lyon82 wrote:Hell, Jewpacabra had Matt slip entirely on one of Kyle's lines to the point that it ends up sounding like Craig.

And in Awesom-O, Butters sounds just like Kyle when he says, "Wait a minute, robots don't fart!"
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Leon McCormick

Postby Leon McCormick » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:09 am

Maybe the audio recording had slight problems for Stan's voice?

I've never noticed the difference really that much.
Yep, yep, yep.
TurnItOff

Postby TurnItOff » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Stan's voice definitely sounds a little deeper. It's not that easy to notice though. I didn't even think of it the first few times I watched 1%. But when you watch the gym scene with it in mind, you can't not notice it.

There could be several reasons why his voice sounds different. Maybe Trey got sick (though I that would've changed other characters' voices too). I doubt it's because of You're Getting Old and Ass Burgers. Consciously making Stan's voice deeper because he's growing up doesn't seem like something Trey and Matt would do.

Maybe Trey's just getting older, haha.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:09 am

I didn't notice the different voices but given how many people DID hear it? It must be true. I'll say Stan is hitting puberty if his voice is deeper. No clue why they'd change it.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Lyon82

Postby Lyon82 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:53 am

TurnItOff wrote:
Maybe Trey's just getting older, haha.

It happens. Keep in mind they are in their 40s now and the body doesn't stop changing.

Listen to any of the bands from the 60s, 70s or 80s who still tour. Elton John cannot hit the high notes from early in his career. Paul McCartney as well as the Rolling Stones don't have the same range. Rush has adapted to the fact that Geddy Lee's voice no long quite hits those high notes of his youth. It's not saying anything about talent but that you do lose some of your range when you get older.

Even using software to adjust for pitch, the input matters and vocal evolutions show as getting an exact match is near impossible.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”