if Stan had another girlfriend?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanluv25

Re: if Stan had another girlfriend?

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:07 pm

John_117 wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:^Ha. In my version of the boys' future Stan meets his future wife in college. Her name is Kara. And she let's him be himself and isn't some jealous little girl. :)

Then tell me this: suppose your boyfriend is checking some other girl out. You'd get jealous too, right? I would.

Depends on how he is 'checking her out.' If it is an innocent look because she's pretty, it's fine. If I know he's in love with me then I wouldn't be jealous. It annoys me when girls get all bitchy because their boyfriend spotted a pretty girl. Do you really think you are that special and amazing and gorgeous he won't notice anyone else? I'm sorry, it annoys me. I'd check out hot guys too. Innocent, it's human nature. As long as you and your partner know you aren't actually going to ask that person out. It's fine.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:40 pm

^ Well, the core element of Wendy's jealousy was "Tom's Rhinoplasty" and in there Stan was genuinely in love with Ms. Ellen and completely ignorant of Wendy, and on Valentine's Day no less. Not to mention he puked for Ms. Ellen, something he'd only ever done to Wendy that was symbolic of their romance.

Now if Kara or yourself were completely and endlessly ignored by Stan in favor of impressing an attractive older woman who clearly doesn't like him back, how would that feel? When he doesn't even respond to you besides 'Oh, whatever'?

Now of course, tossing Ms. Ellen into the sun IS an unjustifiable overreaction, but until the Iraqis come into the picture, it really is a very sympathetic episode for Wendy's sake. (Still one of my least favorite episodes of all-time though.)
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:50 pm

^ Not me as I'm not attracted to Stan, that's just wrong. Again, of course it would be something to get upset about if your boyfriend ignored you in favor for someone else, older or not. But that wasn't Wendy's only spiff with Stan. She got in his face because of his Facebook page saying they weren't in a relationship and she thought he was taking pics of him in a bunny costume for other girls and didn't seem to notice when he explained he wasn't.

I just look at the two as what they are, little kids. And they don't really have a grip of what actual mature romantic feelings are. They think each other is cute and so are 'going out' even though they've never kissed or do anything other older people do. They've had a cute picnic and whatnot but we never see them behave in a normal couple way.

Goodness this is long. To go back on topic- Stan, nor anyone else should have a girlfriend at this age. I know I wouldn't want my 10-year-old child kissing or dating others. It would be sad if Wendy died but she isn't my fav character. And that's all there really is to it. :)

Haa, I love that line.
forbidden_moose

Postby forbidden_moose » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:54 pm

JVM wrote:^ Well, the core element of Wendy's jealousy was "Tom's Rhinoplasty" and in there Stan was genuinely in love with Ms. Ellen and completely ignorant of Wendy, and on Valentine's Day no less. Not to mention he puked for Ms. Ellen, something he'd only ever done to Wendy that was symbolic of their romance.

Now if Kara or yourself were completely and endlessly ignored by Stan in favor of impressing an attractive older woman who clearly doesn't like him back, how would that feel? When he doesn't even respond to you besides 'Oh, whatever'?

Now of course, tossing Ms. Ellen into the sun IS an unjustifiable overreaction, but until the Iraqis come into the picture, it really is a very sympathetic episode for Wendy's sake. (Still one of my least favorite episodes of all-time though.)

Interesting, I always thought that the ending of Tom's Rhinoplasty was really open ended, and read a review of it in which the writer seemed to think that Wendy had just read up on Miss Ellen and stumbled on the fact that see was a wanted criminal, and reported her to the Iraqis. I feel that since Wendy never explicitly states that she was responsible for the death, or even that she had a hand in it, and both the nature of Wendy's character and the oddness of the situation that it's possible that she wasn't part of Miss Ellen's death. So in my mind, Wendy may have murdered an innocent Miss Ellen, reported a guilt Miss Ellen, or just coincidentally seemed to be responsible.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:55 pm

I just hope to God no one dies on the show, except for Kenny of course, as he always comes back!
forbidden_moose

Postby forbidden_moose » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:56 pm

nwt000 wrote:I just hope to God no one dies on the show, except for Kenny of course, as he always comes back!

I was sad when Miss Crabtree and Miss Chockondik died.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:48 am

Re-addressing the topic, I'm going to re-edit my point a bit, since the original post was facetious and exaggerated.

Stan shouldn't get a new girlfriend, because there's absolutely nothing wrong with his relationship with Wendy that would be fixed by him hooking up with a different girl. The only roadblock to Stan and Wendy's relationship is their age and the biological implications of it, and arguably their mutual occasional jealousy. But you know what? That won't change with another girl either, because that's just part of how Trey writes women:

"We'll talk about [Courtney Cox] later Gerald!" (Sheila, "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics")

"Who the hell is that woman [Steamy Nicks], Randy!?" (Sharon, "You're Getting Old")

My point being - there's nothing wrong with Stan and Wendy's relationship that can be fixed just by swapping out Wendy for someone else.

@Stanluv: I'm well aware of that jealous spat, but it's a very recent development. In the first eleven seasons of the show, it was one of only two examples that Wendy had ever had a jealous streak. As for them not acting like a couple, as we've both said - they're kids. But they also don't spend any time together - Stan's too caught up in his crazy adventures for her unfortunately.

Though, they actually did kiss, at the ending of Bigger, Longer & Uncut.

@forbidden_moose: Yeah, it's a tough call, but the implication seems to be against her. M&T said in the Commentary, I think, that originally the Iraqi stuff was true, and they made it part of Wendy's plan at the last minute or something. Been a long time since I've heard the S1 comms.

In all honesty though, the episode is basically non-canon. I don't think it's explicitly ignored, but it's almost certainly never going to come up again.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:07 am

I want to put in my two lousy cents: *clink clink*

In what I believe to be the South Park universe anything is possible. We may take a literal stand and say they're too young to feel anything or they do/don't belong together. Most of you forget that this is South Park, the land of mysterious alien saucers and giant mega striesands*. In the world of SP people can die and come back from hell, or heaven, Satan comes up when a prophecy is fulfilled and of course, impossible events happen all the time to 4 little boys from that small mountain town, along with their pals too. Don't forget that old song by a certain someone... "Dead, dead, dead, someday you'll be dead" LOL
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:08 am

There really isn't much else to say that I haven't already. I'm still sticking by what I said already and that Stan and Wendy are two kids who aren't romantically in love and will not last by 6th grade. Good night! :)

Haa, I love that line.
addictedtoblur314

Postby addictedtoblur314 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:03 pm

I'd probably cry if wendy died. because she wooped cartman's butt that one time. Even though wendy is usually annoying...
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
invaderzimfan#1

Postby invaderzimfan#1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:44 pm

hmmm lets see i personaly think stan and bebe would be cute together :) because bebe is sweet and she probably would never cheat on stan or leave him. i think their perfect or each other oh and also i think bebe had a little crush on stan in that episode where they had to take of an egg.
"I am simply one hell of a butler."-Sebastian Michaelis <3
Leon McCormick

Postby Leon McCormick » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:36 am

Hard to imagine Stan with any other girl...

I personally think he should put more time and effort into his relationship with Wendy. Most of the time, these sorts of cartoon stories have childhood sweethearts ending up together. Stan's the only one of the Main Four who's managed to maintain a relationship this long (with the exception of the period when Wendy briefly dated Token), whereas the other three have had a good number of fleeting fancies, so Stan might stick with Wendy and be "the one to make it though..."

But then again, as some people here have pointed out, they're too young to be experiencing love... realistically speaking, at 9/10 years old, you're still developing feelings which are likely mere infatuations. Stan could dump Wendy by high school and find another girl...

That being said, everything that happens is up to the creators.
Yep, yep, yep.
kyleisgod

Postby kyleisgod » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:48 am

Stan and Wendy are the original South Park couple and I wish that they received more love! That being said I also like the idea of Wendy paired up with any of the main 5 boys (the 5th being Butters). As for Stan, I thought he'd get with Henrietta after turning goth and You Got F'd In The A made it seem like he's still friends with the goth kids, so if he HAD to have another girl I could see that pairing working.

It may have been brought up in this thread already, but I seem to remember Trey doing an interview years ago where he said Stan would grow up gay. Matt said Stan and Wendy were "destined" for each other though. Hmm.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 pm

invaderzimfan#1 wrote:hmmm lets see i personaly think stan and bebe would be cute together :) because bebe is sweet and she probably would never cheat on stan or leave him. i think their perfect or each other oh and also i think bebe had a little crush on stan in that episode where they had to take of an egg.

Hmm, that sweet Bebe already did just that to Kyle - she dumped him to immediately hook up with Clyde back in "Clubhouses".

Stan does admire her attah though.
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Nah, I'm more of "Stan x Wendy" person myself.

Although, I do remember Bebe having a little crush on Stan in Follow That Egg.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”