What's up?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

kylekennypiptweek

Re: What's up?

Postby kylekennypiptweek » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 am

Its been one year since I joined! Thank you for being friendly! "Friendly faces everywhere!" Indeed! :)
Cheerful misery with a best friend is better than eternal misery wherever else.

BEST CHARACTERS IN SOUTH PARK
1.Kyle
2.Kenny
3.Pip
4.Tweek
5.Butters
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:23 am

Congrats on your 1 year annaversery. *sings the annaversery song from butters very own episode*

Finally saw a doctor about my ear ache after seeing a nurse 3 times. Got sinus spray and some antihistamine pills. Went to the pharmacist for headache pills for it, didn't have enough for ibruprofen so got this codine stuff instead. Hope I'm not allergic to anything in any of these!

Continuing to talk to a creationist, despite how much it reminds me of this meme;
Always ammused by the idea any single piece of evidence could dislodge such an established theory. Figuring out exactly why the stuff is wrong helps me expand my understanding, probably more than it needs to be. Funnily he said "we don't have fossils for all transitional forms," an argument Darwin pre-empatively refuted in the origin; only abundant species are likely to fossilize a lot.
As if all the fossils we do have fitting the same tree everything else points to can be ignored because of a few gaps.

When this is pointed out he resorted to 'trillobites are too complex to be cambrian' - a fossil rabbit in the cambrian? I researched this way longer than I should have. I now know loads of stuff about athropod eye development, I wouldn't know if i didn't debate a creationist. Googling it i traced the source of the claim, via many creationist sites which seemed the only ones interested in it, to a paper explaining why the eye 'appears' in fossils (it used a hard mineral likely to fossilize as a lense). A paper that mentioned how the many trillobite species evolved more compound eyes over time - therefore refuting the very thing it was cited in support of.

Saw the US pilot of the inbetweeners, not as bad as I'd expected but I'll probably not watch more. Saw the movie too, finishing the UK series unless they make a sequel.

Mum stopped drinking so i got to sleep a good night. Not sure how long i'll stay on this sleep schedule but it gave me a chance to talk to my Uk friends for once.

My finger has been pussing from under the fingernail! I should probably see a dr about that too before it gets too infected.

Saw a few interviews with khaaaaan of the khan accademy. That guy totally shares my philosphy of education. Make it individual, incentivize students to learn at their own pace, make sure they get something 100% before moving on, use technology to it's fullest. Didn't watch any of his clips though, I don't really like his videos.

as stage cleanup

I wouldn't do that for pay. This is considered an extra-curricular activity?

Going to a social skills class tomorrow for the first time.

They can teach social skills? Lets hope it works :)
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:08 am

Yes, unnasumption, we are told to wipe off coffee crap off the seats once in a few weeks (rehearsal) actually i'm dropping that sh*t. they can sing about me not doing any extra activities for an hour. Dont Care.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:27 pm

they can sing about me not doing any extra activities for an hour

A big school like that must have better extra curricular activities. Can't you get a job that pays, that'd probbaly look even better on your CV and wouldn't be any more gross probably?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:54 pm

kylekennypiptweek wrote:Its been one year since I joined! Thank you for being friendly! "Friendly faces everywhere!" Indeed! :)

Hey, you joined just two days after me. Happy anniversary!
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Mum keeps nagging me to quadruple check that the college has accepted me back, so I called them for the fourth time and they said that they'd done it back in May again. I got the news that i can go back on the 19th though. I gained some extra days at college! I'm likely to get there before anyone else, so i will get first dibs on fridge space and stuff. Returning students living on campus (why move out and have to take a bus?) get to go back earlier than first year ones

No more baths for me i guess given my mum mistook the boiler for a punching bag when she got mad about not being able to make a good birthday card for my nephew as if an 8 year old cares about birthday cards. College looks better and better.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
The Trilogy

Postby The Trilogy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:48 pm

What's up? Well, my friend Carrie got two VIP passes to go to Universal Studios Hollywood. She has no one to go with and asked me to come along with her. I said, "Yes." So, what's going on today? Well, I'm going to Universal Studios. :D
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:24 am

@ The Trilogy: Have fun at Universal! I actually went there as a child.

What's up? I got laid off of work. :(
The Trilogy

Postby The Trilogy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:47 am

I got just the thing to cheer you up, Maytess. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kmk7lWnNZU

What's up? Had a great time at Universal. Me and Carrie, as friends, had a best time! We went all the attractions from the Universal Studio Tour, that Haunted House maze (we were screaming our asses off) :lol: , Waterworld, Jurassic Park, Revenge of the Mummy. We did skip Nickelodean. Actually, while on the Jurassic park ride, it temporaly broke down in the warehouse level of the ride where the big drop is. The power went out for ten minutes and then went back online - two seconds later, the big drop.

I think she may now have a crush, because as we were leaving, she ran to me to hold my hand. I think this marks the end of our friendship... and the beginning of something bigger... and beautiful...
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:33 am

Unassumption wrote:
they can sing about me not doing any extra activities for an hour

A big school like that must have better extra curricular activities. Can't you get a job that pays, that'd probbaly look even better on your CV and wouldn't be any more gross probably?

as BORING at it is and very hygienic, i have nailed a place as the book stowage person. roll a cart down seventeen rows with a miniature stool on tow to put back recently borrowed or misplaced books. once a fortnight. fun and lovely to have on my end of year sheet....
.....the unpaid janitor group actually came about when a teacher chucked a tantrum a few years ago about the low hygiene of the school ( really just litter) and the principal just got people to clean up after themselves and the drama crew got into it very well because that teacher was the tantrum chucker.... and usually to get into his good books..... pick up a broom.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:01 pm

maytess12 wrote:What's up? I got laid off of work. :(

Aw hell. :(

The Trilogy wrote:I think she may now have a crush, because as we were leaving, she ran to me to hold my hand. I think this marks the end of our friendship... and the beginning of something bigger... and beautiful...

Well good luck with that.

The crud in my lungs continues. I have some stronger medicines now, but it's still gonna take some time.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:08 am

Last night I got home drunk and fell asleep at the computer. When I woke up I felt something under my foot. I looked down and saw my glasses. What a git! Image
Nothing broke, but the temple is crooked. I guess I'll need a new hinge. More money to spend.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:28 pm

I've fallen asleep at a gamecube before, never at a PC.

Debated shockofgod and the christians in his chatroom. I revised for it like it was an exam or something. Found some of my arguments were BS but i only used them to spice things up so i wasn't just using the same-old stuff. I'd prefer to have talked more about evolution since it's something i knew. Watched an 'evolution seminar' by a creationist there. The guy accepted common decent and microevolution but thought god was needed for some specific mutations in the case of irriductibly complex things. I ended up defending him against more literalist types!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:52 pm

I fell asleep while watching Jaws the other day.... in a theatre.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:13 am

Unassumption wrote:I've fallen asleep at a gamecube before, never at a PC.

Hell, I've fallen asleep on my bed with my laptop on my stomach more times than I can remember.

What's up? Digesting tacos and listening to my stack of records that I have yet to listen to. I've got a little ways to go...

Return to “Hot Topics”