Would you let your children drive monster trucks?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

skurtz

Would you let your children drive monster trucks?

Postby skurtz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Yesterday, I was watching a 8 year old boy drive a green monster truck. His parents let him. I didn't like the idea, but whatever happens happens. It is what it is. I saw it on TV yesterday. While his parents thought it was safe, he did have a downfall though. The first two jumps in this stadium were flawless, but the third jump, that's where he had his downfall. It's a true story. This video probably went viral. What do you think? He looked like a South Park character. I mean in that monster truck, any kid could try it, no matter what their age. If there was a new character, it would be him, but that's just my opinion. is it a good idea to let kids drive monster trucks starting at 8?
Farzad is a professor at Seneca at York.
Niels0827

Re: Would you let your children drive monster trucks?

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:39 pm

As long as you're the 8-year-old and it kills you, then I'm okay with it.
Eradicate

Postby Eradicate » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:18 am

yesssssssssssss
skurtz

Postby skurtz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:58 am

Niels0827 wrote:As long as you're the 8-year-old and it kills you, then I'm okay with it.

Which begs the question, why did an 8 year old drive that monster truck? I hope it doesn't annihilate anyone. This debacle is getying me worried.
Farzad is a professor at Seneca at York.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:18 am

The answer is pretty obvious. YES :D
One way to get out of paying for them until they turn 18 <_<
/sarcasm
I would be very hesitant but if there were strong safety procedures i would be open to it i guess, just as i'd be open to letting a kid go on a fairground ride ... i doubt there were strong safety procedures so heck no.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
The Trilogy

Postby The Trilogy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:25 am

Only if he/she behaves and does his/her homework and gets good grades in school, then hell. :D :lol:
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:06 am

I'd let them ride a poket monster truck. *catches a truck in a ball*
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:00 pm

skurtz wrote:Which begs the question, why did an 8 year old drive that monster truck? I hope it doesn't annihilate anyone. This debacle is getying me worried.

The better question is, what part of Alabama did that video come from? (yee-haw!!!!)

When I was 8, I sure wanted to ride in a monster truck, but that was when they were at the height of their popularity. Hell, me and Dad even went to a Monster truck pull/rally at Texas Stadium when I was that age. I remember it because Gravedigger broke an axle, and there was some transformer like thing that got stuck on a car it was trying to go over.
(Gravedigger was always my favorite because it was based on a 50's Suburban, and Grandpa has a '50 Chevy truck. :mrgreen:)

I don't think I'd let a kid of mine drive one of those things. Hell, I have my reservations about those little track-carts, and they seem way safer.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:29 am

Are you sure you are not making this up? Eight year olds are not allowed to legally drive cars, let alone a monster truck in a stadium. The people in charge of the event would be too scared of getting sued.. Are you sure you don't mean that the kid was allowed to ride in the monster truck ( not actually drive it)? Or are you sure you didn't just make this story up?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:17 am

New character? No. South Park kids have flown spaceships, who needs monster trucks? On the other hand, if Cartman can do NASCAR, he can do monster trucks. Or Kenny could do it, since he's a redneck at heart, with monster-truck toys and posters pf pinup models on his walls.

As for actual 8-year-olds in monster trucks, since you didn't link to a video of that, I went on a video search and found footage of an 8-year-old driving around in a stadium for Family Events, and he seemed to be driving pretty well. As long as all safety concerns have been addressed before the kid began driving around, I'd let him or her.

Say hello to KJ, who's 9 now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e66cnJw_5A

The truck is not a full-size model, naturally. It's half-size, so he wouldn't be caught driving it out on the road.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”