*1710: The Hobbit* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPup

Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby JamesPup » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 pm

This episode looks great. I’d love more of the girls and Wendy. I don’t know why they are calling it the Hobbit. I would guess that Butters or another kid or kids takes their girlfriend(s) to see the new Hobbit movie on a date(s)? Maybe going to the movies on dates is a big part of this episode. I know I like taking girls to the movies and the Hobbit movie is going to kick ass. I might see it twice. That is my best guess but I like the joke that a girl will look like the Hobbit, that’s funny. I can’t wait to see how the Hobbit ties into this episode. Butters wont go out with Lisa Berger but maybe Clyde does? I think all girls looking like celebrities would kick ass as most Americans are overweight. I don’t see why Wendy would get into trouble with people over that.
What seems to be the officer problem?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 pm

So I googled the name Lisa Berger and found that there is a TV executive with that name. The interesting thing is she used to be the President of Entertainment over at the E! network, where she approved the production of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, The Girls Next Door and Chelsea Lately. I also found out that before she worked at E!, she turned down a number of hit television programs, including South Park, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Survivor and American Idol. Quite a coincidence there, eh?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:23 am

Seems a little out of character for Butters to be that shallow and judgmental. I don't expect him to 'date' anyone he's set up with, but I would expect him to let such a person down a lot easier than that. Must be something else going on with him.

"Oh well, maybe we'll get to have a Christmas adventure next year."

You read it! You can't unread it!
JerWu17

Postby JerWu17 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:33 am

OMG it's the elusive Wendy episode! Now I can rest easy knowing M&T has covered all the bases I wanted for this season... :mrgreen:

The plot sounds promising. Can't wait till Wednesday!

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Zuli

Postby Zuli » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:36 am

..what?
we're gonna have to wait a year to see another episode of our main boys.. the season finale isn't centered around them?
Really?! *facepalm*
guess it's a fitting ending to a flop of a season.
the trilogy was awesome, and that's comforting, but still...
Top 5
1. Major Boobage
2. Tonsil Trouble
3. Imaginationland
4. Woodland Critter Christmas
5. 1%

Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Season: 4
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Butters, Kim Kardashian is NOT skinny, I was looking at that ass last night. And when you think about it, every kid in South Park got a little belly, even you.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Milo Vonnegut wrote:Butters, Kim Kardashian is NOT skinny, I was looking at that ass last night. And when you think about it, every kid in South Park got a little belly, even you.

Even though the kids on South Park might be a tad overweight, the kids from The Simpsons are much chubbier. Have you ever seen how plump all of Springfield's children are?
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm excited for this season finale. If it ends up being as good as it sounds, then Season 17 will end up being my favorite of the teen seasons. It will be hard to follow up the Black Friday trilogy, but I think I'll like this episode nonetheless.

I agree that we need more Stan. Stan didn't have an episode centered around him this season. He had decent screentime in the Black Friday trilogy, but let's face it: we're all mainly going to remember that trilogy for Princess Kenny.

Wendy and Butters, though... can't go wrong with that combination. You know what combination we haven't seen yet though? Kenny and Wendy. Just sayin'.
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:43 am

Wait, what? This is the season finale? D'oh. Well, I'm glad we've at least got one good episode out of the entire season, maybe this one will be good as well. I did like this preview clip.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:41 pm

nwt000 wrote:
Milo Vonnegut wrote:Butters, Kim Kardashian is NOT skinny, I was looking at that ass last night. And when you think about it, every kid in South Park got a little belly, even you.

Even though the kids on South Park might be a tad overweight, the kids from The Simpsons are much chubbier. Have you ever seen how plump all of Springfield's children are?

I dunno, Kyle has a flat stomach and perky little tits, he seems pretty fit :lol:
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:21 pm

Guess who's standing up for Kim K? Quite honestly, I'm a little scared for Wendy/whoever started the rumor. Gulp:
http://t.co/daR3Z7HoyX
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:17 pm

I completely forgot that Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were dating. I like seeing Kanye West again. I was thinking a joke on his confederate flag logo he is using would be fun. So Kim Kardashian is the Hobbit, funny. Maybe they both will end up wedding each other and living under the sea or maybe it will end with Kim living underground like a hobbit. I hope the episode is like the Hobbit some and I can’t wait to see the movie the Hobbit. Maybe Kim likes putting her finger in her p*ssy like a hobbit with his ring?
What seems to be the officer problem?
Grievous George

Postby Grievous George » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:58 am

Aidsburger wrote:Honestly, I hate to be a negative Nancy here, but after the absolutely epic and immensely hilarious Black Friday trilogy, and as part of a season which in my eyes has had a lot more good-tier/great-tier episodes than bad in general, the preview clip and press release for this have me 100% let down, if anything.

A Christmas episode would've been so nice but there's always next year and so on, so I'm not complaining about that.

This episode premise, to me, just isn't intriguing in the slightest regardless of what other plots they could've done. The only thing that has me even moderately intrigued is how The Hobbit might play into it all, and that might just be a throwaway title for all we know. The rest of it seems like it'll go in one of two directions: it'll focus entirely on the girls and the Kim Kardashian mention in the preview clip is a random joke of sorts. Or: it'll take the direction of one of their episodes which, while moderately-decently funny, might as well be 30 minutes of TMZ (a la "It's a Jersey Thing").

I'm hoping for the former option as they already did an episode featuring the Kardashians, no one cares about them (that is, they're famous for being glorified wh*res, as well as contributing to the downfall of television and humankind in general), and I really do not think they deserve further attention from South Park or any other mainstream media outlet for that matter.

Even aside from the Kim Kardashian reference in the preview, this is likely going to be one of those instances where T&M finished an incredible multi-parter and thus they can air whatever they please and it'll still pale in comparison. 200-201 being followed up by Crippled Summer comes to mind, and I'm one of the few people I know who enjoys Towelie episodes.

I'm just hoping to be pleasantly surprised but my expectations for this one are very low. Lowest they've ever been for a new episode of South Park ever in fact and as a viewer since season 2, after an epic trilogy, and after a season I've loved, that's saying quite a lot.

Who's Nancy?
Grievous George

Postby Grievous George » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:59 am

Grievous George wrote:
Aidsburger wrote:Honestly, I hate to be a negative Nancy here, but after the absolutely epic and immensely hilarious Black Friday trilogy, and as part of a season which in my eyes has had a lot more good-tier/great-tier episodes than bad in general, the preview clip and press release for this have me 100% let down, if anything.

A Christmas episode would've been so nice but there's always next year and so on, so I'm not complaining about that.

This episode premise, to me, just isn't intriguing in the slightest regardless of what other plots they could've done. The only thing that has me even moderately intrigued is how The Hobbit might play into it all, and that might just be a throwaway title for all we know. The rest of it seems like it'll go in one of two directions: it'll focus entirely on the girls and the Kim Kardashian mention in the preview clip is a random joke of sorts. Or: it'll take the direction of one of their episodes which, while moderately-decently funny, might as well be 30 minutes of TMZ (a la "It's a Jersey Thing").

I'm hoping for the former option as they already did an episode featuring the Kardashians, no one cares about them (that is, they're famous for being glorified wh*res, as well as contributing to the downfall of television and humankind in general), and I really do not think they deserve further attention from South Park or any other mainstream media outlet for that matter.

Even aside from the Kim Kardashian reference in the preview, this is likely going to be one of those instances where T&M finished an incredible multi-parter and thus they can air whatever they please and it'll still pale in comparison. 200-201 being followed up by Crippled Summer comes to mind, and I'm one of the few people I know who enjoys Towelie episodes.

I'm just hoping to be pleasantly surprised but my expectations for this one are very low. Lowest they've ever been for a new episode of South Park ever in fact and as a viewer since season 2, after an epic trilogy, and after a season I've loved, that's saying quite a lot.

Who's Nancy? I agree with you by the way.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:26 am

Thread staying open until we get an answer from Aidsburger about "Nancy" or until I find out on my own, whichever comes first.

Oh come on people, don't you know what a Negative Nancy is? Or a Debbie Downer? These are terms for pessimist. :P
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”