The Official Kenny Discussion Thread thru S20

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Kenny's girlfriends?

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:52 pm

CuteChikorita wrote:Don't wanna leave the topic, but am I the only one who thinks they should tell what happend to Kenny's two girlfriends, did they forget about him after he died :?:

Of course they did. Even Kenny's classmates forget about him after he dies, and he dies a lot.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Female345

Re: The Official Kenny Discussion Thread thru S20

Postby Female345 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:09 am

caniadans wrote:one thing I wonder why they kill Kenny on the 5 seasons and the next 17 season they kill him a bit :zombiekenny: :unhoodedkenny:

They stopped killing him off a lot because Stone and Parker felt the constant killing of Kenny and the "Oh my god! They killed Kenny!" bit was getting old.
ReeseHolmes

Kenny and the New Kid

Postby ReeseHolmes » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:49 am

Hey guys. So, after playing Stick of Truth, it got me thinking. Y'know, the New Kid can't die either, just like Kenny. There are situations during the night where he can't possibly get out alive, and yet he wakes up in his bed the next morning, totally fine. Well that, and if you suck (or go into the woods without preparation), he dies plenty and then just loads up a saved game.

I was wondering what would make Kenny do what he does at the end of the game too, and then it hit me. He probably feels mad/betrayed/ostracized since his friends don't believe him/can't remember that he dies all the time, so he set up a story to reflect that feeling and played it out, as kids often do.

Or maybe I'm thinking about it too much and he's just an asshat.
ReeseHolmes

Postby ReeseHolmes » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:10 am

I hope that the creators keep Kenny. There's a wealth of creative direction to take him in yet.

I wouldn't worry about it, except for the time when they completely got rid of him for an entire season and tried replacing him with Butters.

I remember being pretty sore over that at the time, but the episodes have since grown on me, knowing now that Kenny comes back. And besides, I've come to accept and love Butters as another main member of the group.

As stated earlier in the forum, I'd love to see his family life expanded upon. As someone who grew up poor (and when food stamps were actually paper), I've always strongly sympathized, and I do know there's plenty more provocative humor to be garnished from it. Welfare culture is a subject I'd like to see tackled more, for sure. Like, how in the hell are you supposed to survive off of less than $200 for groceries these days? That being just one example. Plus, what's up with Kevin, anyway? We know about Shelly, but nothing about Kevin other than he probably drinks beer.

I thought the Mysterion episodes were a really amazing direction to take the character, and I hope to see it expanded upon more at some point. For instance, as for kids to potentially believe Kenny can't die, I'd say the naive and trusting Butters is a prime candidate. The two have been getting closer in recent seasons anyway, and the interaction between their alter-egos versus their real life friendship would be neat to look into.

It'd also be pretty funny for Cartman to figure out he can kill Kenny without consequence, at least for an episode. Any more than that would probably be a bit much. Like, some one off where Kenny gets what he wants and suddenly people don't forget when he dies and comes back. Then insert some life lesson into it at the end about being careful what you wish for.

I think Kenny, Stan and Kyle don't seem as close lately as they used to be, maybe in part due to the Coon saga. And Kenny's just gotten weirder, perhaps testing more boundaries? Or is it possible he's the summoned Cthulu God of Chaos Hastur as was predicted earlier in this thread?

Either way, would love to see more horrific Cthulu madness. How about you guys? What would you do with Kenny's story?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue May 20, 2014 7:14 pm

They'll keep Kenny. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
NovaBlast66

Postby NovaBlast66 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Kenny is the most awesome character in the show
fabrianne

Postby fabrianne » Mon May 26, 2014 7:01 am

Kenny will rule the city
Female345

Postby Female345 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:27 am

Hopefully they never get rid of Kenny because he's a great character
chef109

Re: The Official Kenny Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby chef109 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:47 pm

John_117 wrote:
Ex1lepr0 wrote:^And get high, and strangle himself while jacking off, and fight crime, and play drums, and sing opera music, and sacrifice himself for his friends and, well, you get my point. Kenny's my favorite because unlike the other characters, we're still learning about him. He's still mysterious. 8)

I'm cool with hiding the face thing, but the muffled voice?

Just asking everyone here this: How muffled is your voice when you wear any kind of mask?

Like really, I think it's the voice that limits character. You barely understands what he says, thus limiting his character even more. Also, M&T says it's to "get past the censors"...well, how the hell does it get past the censors if you can't even understand a word he says?

Actually I found that if you know the context of the conversation you can decode his muffled speak pretty well
chef109

Postby chef109 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm

NeuroHeart wrote:I've heard that Matt Stone holds the sleeve of his sweatshirt over his mouth while recording Kenny, so the muffled effect is genuine. It probably gets even less intelligible when it's sped up.

It would be difficult to see Kenny just interacting with his family, due to aforementioned problems of understandability. We have gotten to see him talking to his parents under the guise of Mysterion, and clearly the relationship isn't a good one. Maybe we'll get to see more interaction like that. I would personally like to see Mysterion again; he adds a great deal to Kenny's range and character.

I agree. That episode did give us a sneak peak at what happens at his home but I think they could easily expand into it more
chef109

Postby chef109 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Ex1lepr0 wrote:I don't think it's a matter of them not believing, I think it's because they forget. Either because they're very forgetful, or it's part of the cult's magic. Who knows? But it's definitely a topic that needs to be explored more.

While reading "Things Fall Apart" I actually found something that actually exists in Igbo culture that closely resembles Kenny's problem. In the book, there was child who would always end up dying and it's soul would always return to the mothers womb. It's actually considered a curse. However, they don't forget that the child died.
Dj87

Postby Dj87 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Kenny McCormick is My Favorite South Park Character He is the coolest I really like the episode major boobage an the ring an I really like the stick of the truth game Kenny Rules :unhoodedkenny: :assface:
Galvantula

Postby Galvantula » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Everyone loves Purensesu Kenny!
pieguy6mc

Postby pieguy6mc » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:31 am

twang1512 wrote:have u guys seen kenny unhooded? :unhoodedkenny:
no. where can i
Fabulousss

Postby Fabulousss » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:24 am

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved Kenny as a character. (Yes I watched South Park as a child. :lol: )
I also love how they decided to take his character. Originally, he was just a huge gag while they constantly killed him off, but he has way more of a personality now, and I love that! The Mysterion side of him is amazing, and I can't resist good old Princess Kenny! Love him. :unhoodedkenny:
I'm a massive fan of South Park, and I love Matt and Trey's work. The Book of Mormon is my favourite play.
I come from England.
I first watched South Park when I was three years old, and I'm still going strong.

Return to “Character Discussion”