*1802: Gluten Free Ebola* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Mamont

Re: *1802: Gluten Free Ebola* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Mamont » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Nice. I liked it. Better than the last one, which wasn't too bad. I liked that it was mostly boys-centered (I didn't expect that, so it was a nice surprise), and as Stanluv said, Randy was funny and not annoying.
And finally, Mr. Garrison had a part.
All in all I feel like this episode was a breath of fresh air.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Ahh, finally back in town, away from the bright lights and big cities, in a burned out shell of a school gym. But why wasn't the building condemned? lol
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JerWu17

Postby JerWu17 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:59 pm

Glad to have the boys back in their normal environs after last week's out-of-character diversion to give a forceful (but well-deserved) F U to Dan Snyder, Goodell, and the NFL. And a good move to not have the other kids simply let the boys off the hook after all the dickishness they displayed last week.

I actually enjoyed seeing Wendy giving Stan grief for his self-centered mindset. Stan IMO had traditionally been the most genuine of the four boys, and I like that about him. But he has become much more self-serving and pretentious since the Butterballs episode. It's about time that someone close to him confront him about that in a frank manner (Kyle kind of did so in Butterballs, but his message was more cryptic). Hopefully the final scene is a sign that Stan has finally returned to his former better self.

Another case of too much content for a 20-minute episode. Both the gluten hysteria plot and the boys' reconciliation plot could have easily been separated into two separate episodes. The story elements are good, just too condensed and rushed.

8/10

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:17 pm

Big-Will wrote:in a burned out shell of a school gym. But why wasn't the building condemned? lol

That's one of the scenes that made me laugh watching the boys play in the burnt out gym,good episode I expected it to be randy running around shouting for half an hour. Only bit I didn't really care about was the radio interviews.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:22 pm

well it looks like Spin magazine mocked last nights episode by saying that they were saying that Lordes was a middle aged man.. here check out this poorly written article obviously by someone who didn't actually watch the episode
http://www.spin.com/articles/lorde-sout ... infacebook
Africa Marsh

Postby Africa Marsh » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:31 am

Gluten?

Really?

How many years now has gluten been a running joke, and they decide to tackle it NOW?

At least this episode did have some individual laughs, which is more than can be said about the first one. However, the episode as a whole just didn't jive, especially that lame ending with the food pyramid flip.

All in all it was another LAME episode.

While I have no doubt they'll get a hit or two this season, it's getting harder and harder to filter through all the bad episodes just to find the few jewels they have per season.

IMO, they need to call it and END the series before it becomes a complete shell of what it was.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:08 am

I don't know but I found that after you drink alcohol that this South Park episode was pretty funny. I had 3 22oz Rebel IPA Samuel Adams beers and am feeling pretty good. I loved the whole show. I was thinking of saying things about how gluten had not caused any problems to people before so why now but whatever. I saw the episode again and it was great. I'd give it a 9/10 easy. I remember now all the talk about how the food pyramid was gone and Obama won and every thing and am now remembering jokes about how it was better upside down. I think it was a good episode. Keep up the work South Park!

Also what was up with Randy drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon beer? I just had talked about the Russian company acquiring this company. But The Colbert Report did a joke on the transaction so I guess it came from that. Still I feel bad for Randy to drink such sh*tty beer. I think he deserved to be locked up in a Papa Johns for it. Also they should have had the people eating the garlic dip sauce and crushed red peppers :D
What seems to be the officer problem?
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:07 am

Good episode. Definitely better than last week. 7/10. True, I not understand what association with Ebola? And what could compel Butters burn gym?

JamesPup wrote:Also what was up with Randy drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon beer? I just had talked about the Russian company acquiring this company. But The Colbert Report did a joke on the transaction so I guess it came from that. Still I feel bad for Randy to drink such sh*tty beer. I think he deserved to be locked up in a Papa Johns for it. Also they should have had the people eating the garlic dip sauce and crushed red peppers :D

Do you think that Pabst makes bad beer? Only because you did not taste the Russian beer. Believe in the word, dude, if you drank it, at you fly away not only a dick, but also the head. :lol:
Although it is possible in the future, owing to this news Randy abandon his favorite beer.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:00 am

I'm just very confused by this one. Wasn't the funniest. (although I did get a laugh when Randy was all like "Don't take me to Papa John's!) :lol:

Nice to see some cast you don't see often (Scott Malkenson, Wendy etc). Very disappointed that Butters was formentioned burning down the school and yet we didn't know of the outcome to that yet. :| Very weird and not like him...liked to know where M&T were going with that one.

So Stan and Wendy "Broke up" again. *sigh*. No offense but Wendy seems like a bitch and Stan seems very jockish at times if you know what I'm sayin :wink: I wonder if some of these kids have "f*ck buddies" instead of Girlfriend/Boyfriend relationships. :P :roll:

Party to honor diabeties. Well played. People should know more about it. VERY serious illness. My brother's fiancae has type 1, I know one or two people on this forum who are the same. I was actually waiting to hear Scott say that he himself was Gluten free but that never happened.

The Dick Flying off joke was cool, but it got overplayed. Loved the Gluten "Eboli" transition. Loved Aunt Jaminia and Cartman's role in this one. and yes, Southern Style Fried Steak with Butter....Paula Dean would be proud!!! :o :mrgreen:

I give this episode an 8/10. Many unanswered questions, and lack of funniness. But good storyline, and good cast use. I'm gonna wait until next week to see if these 2 eps were the only two tied together, or if they are gonna try an ENTIRE SEASON continuium. :shock: (it's only 10 episodes people...wouldn't shock me much).
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:53 am

I'm going to have to watch the whole thing again, because I really don't remember the second half being anything.

But f*ck, the first scene with Mackey was so ridiculously spot on I didn't need to see anything else to love this episode. Of course that makes me a horrid hypocrite for hating episodes so reliant on in-jokes before, but Christ am I sick of the GF bullsh*t
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:12 am

Alright, now I'm ready to completely review this one. I've been hesitant because it's not one of my favorites, it's not the worse (A Million Little Fibers, etc) but it's not one of my favorites. That said it had it's moments, especially the Gluten parts.

The radio station (I'm a total radio geek, things like this I'll notice immediately)

1. Radio stations do not have 5 letters in their call sign. 4 at the most, 3 at the least. The one there: WSPIC.

2. That was obviously a commercial radio station and it was on 88.3, which isn't allowed in the United States. Anything below 92.1 is Non-Commercial.

3. Most radio studios do not look like that.

4. Colorado is west of the Mississippi river and there are few stations that start with the letter "W" in their call sign, it's all "K" with very few exceptions.

----------------------------------
Also, what's the deal with all this "bro" stuff. It's not funny. It's ridiculous. Then comments that make no sense coming out of my favorite character and the reason I watch the show to begin with, like "Dripping in Bitches" was just so "bro" that's not what I turn on South Park to see or hear. I don't live in a frat house.

Those were my main issues with this episode. Some parts were good but there were parts of this that really bugged me. And when that happens, I tend to obsess over it for awhile and it ruins my weekend, sometimes more.

I know, it's not all about me. I don't expect it to be. I'm just being honest about the whole thing. I just have my thoughts and feelings on it that I am expressing here.
Stan and Kyle :)
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:29 pm

well here's a thought, maybe WSPIC is a hidden message, maybe they did it on purpose so we can figure it out, well the first thing that came to mind was that maybe WS could be Washington (since they just did the episode with the red skins) maybe it could mean "Washington Politically in-correct" or something like that and 88.3 was the weather outside when they made the cartoon lol... (who knows it could be anything)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:48 pm

joshferrell wrote:well here's a thought, maybe WSPIC is a hidden message, maybe they did it on purpose so we can figure it out, well the first thing that came to mind was that maybe WS could be Washington (since they just did the episode with the red skins) maybe it could mean "Washington Politically in-correct" or something like that and 88.3 was the weather outside when they made the cartoon lol... (who knows it could be anything)

I like your guess but for me when I see WSPIC I see spic, the racist term. So for me I think of West Coast Spic's. I bet you are closer but whatever.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Trombones

Postby Trombones » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:28 pm

That's seriously :lol:

Better than the 1st episode.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:53 pm

JamesPup wrote:when I see WSPIC I see spic, the racist term.

Me too.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”