*1804: Handicar* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1804: Handicar* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:26 pm

mo303564 wrote:So No October 29, November 5, and November 12? :(

Where did you get that?
It's no October 22 and no November 26.

mo303564 wrote:I don't know if this was said or not, but based by that preview. I see a lot of the Crimean/Russian Experience playing on this episode!! :shock:

Probably something more mundane, like the taxi companies vs. new ride-sharing services like Uber, Lyft, and Sidecar.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Female345

Postby Female345 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Looks like it will be an interesting episode.
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:07 am

they should put this song somewhere in the episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1QJ8ijnNxM
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:01 am

Big-Will wrote:Probably something more mundane, like the taxi companies vs. new ride-sharing services like Uber, Lyft, and Sidecar.

Dammit, you beat me to it. I was gonna say that.
When I first saw the title, I full-on laughed out loud. The clip still has me giggling. This 'un gonna be good. :mrgreen:

joshferrell wrote:they should put this song somewhere in the episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1QJ8ijnNxM

Yes!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:26 am

Big-Will wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:*loud groan* Oh come on Matt and Trey. Ughh this sounds awful. Jimmy is funny when he's not the main focus. Timmy and the other handicapped kids however are as unfunny as they come. Those episodes are so boring. The only real funny handicapped episode was 'Cripple Fight' since the main boys had their own story in it to keep it going. This episode sounds terrible already, I may not even watch and just read the reviews to see if its worth my while.

Soooo disappointed. This has been a successful season 18 so far and there was a good premiss for a Stan A story for this week. Annoyed now that there is no SP to get excited about this week. Shame.

And with the first break coming next week, this is going to be a long three weeks for you.

What break? I just checked and there's an episode every week until Dec 10. They didn't have a break since they started this 10 episode deal. Or am I missing something?
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:29 am

Tell me if there's an episode on 10/22.

They had two breaks last year - 10/16 and 11/27

VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:45 am

A cab service in a small podunk mountain town? Sounds like fun. The white trash shithole seems to be growing by the day. First a public transport company materialized out of thin air, and now they've got crabs. Sorry, I mean cabs. "Not enough people taking cab." How many is enough then? Timmy must be flat out dripping in passengers. If the Russian mafia really is involved and the sparks are about to fly between them and Timmy, I'd expect it to take an utterly absurd turn along the lines of "Lil Crime Stoppers," where the boys decimated the mob by accident without even realizing what was going on. Besides, there were no casualties or deaths last week, so it's only logical to expect an epic shootout this time around.

Now to Mimsy. Something is positively rotten in the state of Denmark. They won't let Trent Boyett escape from wherever he's kept at the moment, they refuse to bring back Scott Tenorman, and yet they exhume the most annoying character from one of the worst, if not THE worst, episodes in the show's history. I don't get it. This Tardicaca logic is beyond me.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:52 pm

JamesPup wrote:I just saw the preview clip on twitter and it has a Russian taxi cab driver complaining to himself about no customers and then Timmy goes by. So I have to wonder what agent-FSS will think about this episode, hahaha. I don't know if it will have the KGB or Crimea. I kind of am thinking of maybe the Russian mafia. Maybe Russian taxi cab drivers go after Timmy and I think either Nathan or Mimsy has Russian ancestry. I could be wrong and only the first cab driver is Russia and the others are of different backgrounds. I am liking the look of this episode more and more. The Russian cab driver makes me think of the movie Amazing Spider-man and how stereotyped the Rhino in the movie was.

Are you sure that he's just Russian? Russian service maybe? Preview I have seen, however can't say anything specific. The history with Crimea already too old and will not relevant, I think. I doubt we'll ever see in SP any mention of the summer events. The KGB? Well, FSS is former KGB, its been like 20 years renamed the FSB (FSS), I think, all in the course of course, if there was a mention about "polite people" in uniform, not taxi drivers, I can would else surmised some sort of connection, but in that case handicapped kids would were superfluous. Involvement of the Russian mafia may be more likely if Timmy will to take away everyone clients at taxi drivers, they might seek help from to the gangsters. Nathan and Mimsy, these guys I had almost not remember.
In any case, I'd not make used of this taxi.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:09 pm

Wow I so don't remember a break last year! Damn. This will be a long wait for other good episodes. :(
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:51 am

Stanluv25 wrote:Wow I so don't remember a break last year! Damn. This will be a long wait for other good episodes. :(

yes that was when the electricity went out and they had to start over so they actually had two weeks off
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:22 am

Well the taxi cab driver has matryoshka dolls, also known as Russian nesting dolls or babushka dolls on his dash board. That is a big indicator that he is Russian. Still there is the possibility that the other cab drivers are not Russian. I am thinking of the movie Taxi Driver and how that may play into this episode. Maybe there will be a young female prostitute?
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:37 am

Jimmy will be right on her. ;)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”