*1807: Grounded Vindaloop* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1807: Grounded Vindaloop* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:55 am

Don't get stuck in one - watch the episode now!
kfgg

Re: *1807: Grounded Vindaloop* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:26 am

None of this makes much sense (yet) But I think that's the point.
Stan and Kyle :)
kittymccormick

Postby kittymccormick » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:30 am

dude....woah....am i real...or construction paper?

9/10
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:32 am

Man, that was horrible.

And I knew India would somehow be a part of this. I can't be the only person who's eaten vindaloo.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:35 am

Wow, what a payoff! That ending absolutely killed me! :lol:

They did a great job at confusing the hell out of me so that real-life scene at the end came completely out of nowhere. That is easily one of the funniest moments in the history of the series. The kids dressed up like the boys was outstanding.

Kudos, guys. That was a long road, but the finish line was extremely satisfying.

You read it! You can't unread it!
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:36 am

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
with no escape from reality.

Open your eyes....look up to the
skies and see...............

I'm just a poor boy,
I need no symphophy.
Cause I'm easy come, easy go.
Little high...little low.

Hit me where the wind blows
cause it doesn't really matter..........................

TO ME!!

And that's how I rate this episode!! :P :shock:

PS: Indian Customer Service is the worst!! I think M&T made that point about 1,000X during this episode. Proper marks there. 8)
Last edited by mo303564 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:38 am

That episode was awful!

Recycling the same jokes over and over doesn't make a good episode, especially when they weren't that funny the first time. Without question, one of the worst South Park has to offer.

Better luck next week.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:38 am

Very...pointless. Not saying there were bad intentions or anything, but this really lacked any kind of anything.
Stan and Kyle :)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:49 am

9/10 Yeah this one was so trippy I had no idea what was going on. I had looked up vindaloop and vindaloo is an Indian meal. The India customer help guy got a little too much air time I think as I got sick of the joke where he was talking to himself. Butters touching Wendy’s boob I loved and I knew Butters would go all GTA before getting stabbed. The ending was fun with the real kids being the kids. I liked it a lot more then in the Ziplining episode. Does anyone even own a Oculus Rift thing? I had never even heard of one and where the hell do you buy one. A very weird episode idea. It reminds me of that Nintendo headset thing that was out in the 90’s that was all red and sh*t. I felt high watching this one because I couldn’t figure it out. It was like watching some sort of out there futuristic trippy movie. It was real good with it about Butters in the virtual reality and then Cartman was good to but it felt different. I think the running joke of just Butters being in it would have been a good episode. Still it was so out there I could feel my head expanding as I watched it. It was like having everything you believing in being proven wrong and then it makes you feel like a victim and you have to find a way out.
What seems to be the officer problem?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:50 am

Man, this episode was really trippy! Not sure if I can give it a rating yet, I still can't quite process what happened. It was pretty funny though.
EDIT: Finally giving this episode a rating.
8.0/10
Last edited by nwt000 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:25 am

nall wrote:Don't get stuck in one - watch the episode now!
How would I know :?:

I better call customer service!

I like the easter egg of real life Butters at the end having the last line of the episode 8)
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:27 am

It was an ok episode
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:18 am

This episode reminded me of so many Star Trek episodes, from TOS through Voyager and beyond. Paradoxes of reality (time travel, stuck in a never ending loop or never ending levels) have been a common theme in those shows starting with The Menagerie (TOS). What I liked about this episode is that it reminded me so much of the earlier seasons - references to Star Trek such as paradoxes, an episode just about the boys, Cartman/Butters interaction as in Casa Bonita and so many others, the return of Lianne Cartman in a speaking role, and the live action!

I rate this episode 9/10, with bonus points for the live action, and extra points for the surprise live action of Butters after the closing credits started to run for a net rating of 10+/10. Good job, M&T :D

Did I take care of all of your customer needs in a timely and satisfactory fashion today? Did I accurately and politely respond to all of your concerns? -Steve

Note too that the paradoxical Steve's had different times displayed on the world clocks while they were talking to each other at the same instant - it doesn't matter which Steve was talking, the time should have remained consistent EXCEPT for the paradox :o

I also liked at one point where there is a transition of scenes and they show the South Park sign. It wavered as if there was a loss of signal as in virtual reality. Nice touch there :)

And Steve's pronunciation of Butters: BUTT--TERS.
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:52 am

First of all, I don't think this was the first time Butters touched Wendy's boob. Maybe in a VR, but in real life (well, you know what I mean...), he touched her boob in the episode where she got a boob job.

I was a little lost in this episode, had to actually pay attention, since I had trouble following what was virtual and what was real, then I'm thinking there was a secondary virtual reality to it.

Not the best episode but not by far the worst. Anything's better than that Pee episode.

This kind of reminded me of "You Have 0 Friends". The Facebook episode. That one was better, and probably a bit mindless in comparison (translation - WAY easier to follow).
djdomain

Postby djdomain » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:54 am

mo303564 wrote:PS: Indian Customer Service is the worst!! I think M&T made that point about 1,000X during this episode. Proper marks there. 8)
As someone who was inflicted with several annoying scam calls from when I got my phone connected to when I finally got my number on the Do Not Call register, I felt a wonderful sense of satisfaction when the customer service rep had to interact with himself.

It's awesome when M&T do something extra with the show like new animation styles or IRL scenes.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”