*1809: #REHASH* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1809: #REHASH* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:48 am

Just a few more minutes!
kfgg

Re: *1809: #REHASH* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:23 am

So far so good.

Great Iggy Alazea parody.

MJ's hologram and "That's ignorant" is always funny.
Stan and Kyle :)
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:39 am

Awesome! A 2-parter!! :o :roll:

Look...this season has kinda sucked. I watch South Park for the ambigious. Things that don't make any sense, and make me laugh. While I am still getting that, I don't like the new "Follow the episode" concept. I'd rather have each episode...be each episode. SO I hope M&T are listening!! Because I feel the best way to end all this, is to somehow come up with a "Patrick Duffy" scene from Dallas and say that this entire season was "JUST A DREAM!" :shock:

Anyways, on to this episode.

A lot happened. Lorde has apparently begun to show her TRUE Self. Kids are doing nothing but playing on ipods. We have idiots like cartman doing their own commentary. (Something I should probably be doing myself! :P :lol: ) and now we have too many robots and holgrams floating around. But on the Contrary. Awesome to have MJ back and now Tupac!! :D

Social media controls the media. So yea, in a way it is now how many celeberties make money today, forget the music! This episode had a lot of common sense in it. Was it VERY funny...hell no! :shock: I barely laughed. But I somewhat enjoyed it none the less. But as I said, I came for some randomness and funny stuff. This episode didn't deliver that. So while I get something worthwhile to a point....I can't live with an episode like this often, so hopefully next week we get the freaky... funny sh*t that we all love, and As I said.....* AHEM* PATRICK DUFFY!!!! :twisted: Now THAT would be funny!! 8)

7/10
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
kittymccormick

Postby kittymccormick » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:41 am

I can't put a number/10 on this episode. It was different. I 100% agree that the videos of people commenting on other people playing video games is absolutely stupid and I don't know, I guess I won't understand it because I'm passed that age. I don't know why including footage of that pewdiepie guy was necessary but it is what it is. Michael Jackson was hilarious, Randy was great as always, when Cartman was screaming at Kenny to talk through the hood was my favorite part- it killed me. I think next week's episode will link up with this one.
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:44 am

FYI: For those who might be lost, this is the scene I am refering to. I think this would be a good Sharon/Randy moment. Or Stan and Wendy, but that could be a little naughty so let's try Randy first!! :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCEjeTb1rrs
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:46 am

Was hoping this wasn't a two parter, but a two parter can mean a lot in regards to this season. It's been a very unusual season. It had it's high points and it's low points, but it's still not what I'm used to 100%.

What saddens me is we won't be seeing anymore for another year after next week. The wait time between seasons since the change has been rough on some of us (the fans) Then again probably not a bad thing for the staff who work really hard on these.
Stan and Kyle :)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:50 am

I am commenting on an episode about the way people comment on stuff. That is so meta.

:lol

Probably safe to say we won't have a Christmas adventure this year since it's going to take another episode to wrap this story.

Fatass was especially annoying this week. Almost all of his screen time was nails on a chalk board. I know that was the point, but still, he was being a real Jakovasaur.

Randy's Lorde downfall is what is holding my attention. Seems that arc is set up to come full circle next week.

The holograms running around are delightfully silly. How are those things working out in the world? That's so crazy it's awesome. But tsk, tsk, Sharon Marsh! Loved the misdirection there. Biggest laugh of the episode.

I hope this stuff pays off better than it feels like right now. I'm worried about ending the season with a whimper.

You read it! You can't unread it!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:50 am

8.9/10
Pretty great episode if I say so myself. I laughed at how huge Iggy Azalea's ass was and the part about her saying that all she does is rip off Missy Elliott. I didn't think the Cartmanbra segment of was gonna turn out to be all that amusing, but I was in stitches once everyone was aware that Cartman's video window was right above their heads. One other thing this episode did well was pointing out the generational culture gap, which is clearly quite wide. Also, Trey and Matt did a great job deconstructing what the entertainment industry really wants these days: to get attention by doing the stupidest of things and luring in total suckers into watching the aforementioned bullshit. I am pretty sure next week's season finale is going to have to be a continuation of this week's show, we sure had a lot of loose ends when the credits rolled tonight.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:53 am

9.5/10 I was wondering if it would go to a two parter because there was so much left to deal with and new and great stuff kept popping up. The Shelly stuff was sweet and then sad. Randy sucking at performing live and then rubbing his clit was great. I had said hologram Michael Jackson would be a great idea. I wonder what MJ is up to in South Park. He needs to rape little kids. Tupac was a nice touch. I can’t believe that Sharon slept with Tupac. That was dirty. The PewDiePie stuff was a good and Cartman was fun to see doing it also. I am so like Ike to watch people play games. I feel young rate now. I can’t wait for next weeks. It will be great. I was thinking that the first half was a good build up and then the second half had some fun laughs but there was still building up. I wonder if holo Lorde will show off her butt hole and if people will learn Randy is Lorde. I really love the Shelly stuff. She is such a sweet heart. Does PewDiePie really make money doing those shows? I can’t believe that he would.
What seems to be the officer problem?
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:11 am

Hi, this is #JohnBrah commenting on the new South Park, and commenting on other people's comments on South Park, which is a commentary program, this week commenting on other's habits of proviidng commentary!

We have a ton of plots going right now - Kyle's anger at the younger generation and Ike, Randy trying to be a real artist and screwing himself over, Michael Jackson coming back to town for revenge on someone (?), the SMP boss teaming up with #CartmanBrah for Holograms... we might see more of Sharon and Tupac's affair, or something to do with Stan and his freemium games... there's so much crazy sh*t going on, and yet we still get a couple great cameos by characters like Mr. Garrison, Shelly, Butters and Wendy, and some classic celebrity riffing to boot. I'm excited about where this can go next week but I'm trying to avoid getting my expectations too high.

As expected, PewDePie's cameo is ridiculously minor and amounted to next to nothing, basically juset setup for #CartmanBrah's miniplot. We've called back one way or another to almost every episode of the season, and it's crazy to see such strong continuity in a show that usually sticks to a gag of the week.

Next week's episode airs on my birthday, so, uh, Matt and Trey if you're listening... I think we need some South Park's most esteemed scientists to fix this. #BringBackMephestos2014

edit:
ook...this season has kinda sucked. I watch South Park for the ambigious. Things that don't make any sense, and make me laugh. While I am still getting that, I don't like the new "Follow the episode" concept. I'd rather have each episode...be each episode.
That's not what 'ambiguous' means and I disagree whole-heartedly. You don't need to follow each episode to 'get it'. "Freemium Isn't Free" doesn't need to be seen to understand a joke about Candy Crush, for example. It works fine as it is.
Does PewDiePie really make money doing those shows? I can’t believe that he would.
Once a YouTube channel hits a certain number of views, YT will pay to put advertisements in front of your videos. You make money when the ads are viewed, which is basically for each video hit. It's a small sum for average Joe, but if you get tens of millions of hits it can add up. Look up the YouTube Partners program.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:27 am

And then check out PSY's "Gangnam Style" - it broke the viewer counter, and YouTube had to get a new counter that can handle numbers bigger than 2 billion.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:32 am

This was definitely an interesting episode and I'm looking forward to seeing the second half next week. On the other hand I wish they would make another Christmas episode.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:40 am

The Rise of the Holograms, led by Cartman's Commenter Window. Ohhh boy!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:43 am

Could Hologram Michael Jackson be looking for Blanket?

Sharon went Black. Will she go back?

Does it even count with a Hologram? A Blologram?

Will Cartman continue to be annoying? Why am I asking that? The answer is always yes.

Will someone comment on my commentary while being commented on for their commentary?

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO FIND OUT!!!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:07 am

Hm... well they hit the nail on the head with a lot this week. I for one am saddened by this generations dependance on electronics. And it starts at toddlerhood to seniors. Everyone is addicted and it has to stop. I too long for times where its reading an actual book, watching a TV show or movie without anyone on their phones... it makes me sad and I'm only 26. Has things changed so much so quickly? Life was not this way 10 yrs ago. :(

I am anxious to see how Randy as Lorde handles things. I hope he can redeem himself. But I still wonder... um, Lorde has performed live in person before. Why act as if this were 'his' first time?

LOL that Stan spent all Lorde's money on the Canada game. And find it funny how he and Sharon know Randy's secret but Shelley doesn't. That dinner convo was awkward lol.

Cartman was just annoying and needs to stop. Are there really that many vids and channels about people commentating on things? I dunno, anything I think I watch doesn't seem to follow what they're doing in this ep.
Micheal Jackson appearing was interesting. Hm.

There were funny bits but somber bits. Wish this wasn't a 2-parter to end the season. It doesn't have as epic a feel as the Black Friday trilogy did.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”