What's up?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

Mamont

Re: What's up?

Postby Mamont » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:10 am

I'm spending my vacation at my parents' place (mostly to be closer to my boyfriend). There's a mosquito in my room. Yes, a mosquito in February. Usually they don't start biting until May or June, but this one woke up early, and it's hungry. Son of a bitch (or should I say, daughter of a bitch :P)! Luckily, I'm going home tomorrow.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Well, today is my birthday. I guess. Nothing exciting has happened in a while.

Though I did get a copy of Far Cry 4 for PS4 as a gift.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Milo Vonnegut wrote:Well, today is my birthday. I guess. Nothing exciting has happened in a while.

Though I did get a copy of Far Cry 4 for PS4 as a gift.
Well, in that case, happy birthday Milo! :D , and good play in Far Cry 4.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:41 am

Happy Belated Birfday. I've been so busy with new car and work bullsh*t that I've hardly had a chance to visit here.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:35 am

I was just watching Jeopardy and there was a question about South Park. It was something like "Trey Parker does voices for this TV show of characters Satan and......." How easy was that one?

Also happy late but better then nothing birthday to Milo!
What seems to be the officer problem?
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Six weeks ago my coworker accidentally spilled hot wort on his feet. He just now came back to work. He had second and third degree burns on his feet. Who'd think that brewing beer could be so dangerous. :P
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:39 pm

If dolt, it's a long time. On the other hand, he is lucky, if hot soup hit a little higher it would scalded his dick.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:44 pm

Mamont wrote:Six weeks ago my coworker accidentally spilled hot wort on his feet. He just now came back to work. He had second and third degree burns on his feet. Who'd think that brewing beer could be so dangerous. :P
oh my god.
Well, a few years ago someone my dad worked with lost a finger in a plotting machine that sets parts on a circuit board. Hell, I live in partial fear of being crushed by a fridge. Those big ones can be between 325 and 440lbs.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:24 am

I just found out that my uncle Charlie died a few days ago. He was like 59. I guess he had gotten the flu and so missed a few days from work but people hadn't heard from him so his cousin went to check up on him and found him dead in his bed. I guess he died in his sleep. Real scary that the flu could kill someone. I had never heard of that before. He was a real nice guy, I will miss him.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:29 am

Sorry to hear about your uncle, James. Yeah, the Flu can be tough on a person. Especially if you're older, or if your immune system is otherwise compromised.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:34 am

Our thoughts are with you and your family, James.

Hey, all! Sorry it's been a while.

For me, things have been going great! Just checking messages at the moment, and hoping to be able to chill some for tomorrow (birthday stuff).

Did get my gifts early:
Night at the Museum 3
Barnes & Noble gift card
Steam gift card, used on TF2 stuff

Not bad at all!
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:36 am

I shouldn't share this will you but I will.

There has been a huge epidemic in the United States as of later. This involves both perscription medications...but move over....Heroin. Drugs Kill. Period. Especially Heroin. Yet people have a sense of "high" by using them. It makes them feel better. I don't know statistics but the rate of Heroin is now extreme in the U.S., particulary hard here in New England.

I have seen friends go into rehab. I have seen some "losers" whom I barely knew...get addicted to it, and about 3 weeks ago...one of them (24 years old) died right after hitting up a run. Didn't care much because it was a wasted life. Today though...I care a little bit more. :(

My cousin...who had been fighting drugs and bad decisions for years...who had been in jail numerous times, haflway houses numerous times....Rehab center numerous times (was there just 2 months ago!) who had her only child whom she gave birth to when she was 18 taken away from her (now lives with my aunt)...long story short.....she lost her addiction battle on Sunday :cry: Because of all these problems, I have barely known her the past 5-10 years. But seeing pictures of her and what few memories I do have of her, is sturring up the grief in all of this.

My uncle said it perfectly. This...is an epidemic. This...is a disease. People are DYING from this issue, and if we don't get a control on it, more will die, and the deaths will spread. If you have kids (don't know if many here do but if you do) PLEASE talk to them about drugs. Talk to them about the dangers of drugs (especially heroin). If you know someone who is having issues...check in on them, and make SURE that they get the help they need before it is too late. My cousin might have had somewhat of a "Wasted" life as I said earlier...but it was still a life. She still meant a lot, and she will be missed.

Thank you.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:13 pm

Redoing the Stylish CSS theme for the forums.

EDIT: It is now done.

Here it is if anyone wants it.

https://userstyles.org/styles/112128/so ... and-no-ads

"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:38 pm

I have to admit to some small abuse of prescription drugs but I have never tried heroin. I guess I have a fear of hard drugs, especial ones that you can overdose on. I used to love marijuana and have tried mushrooms twice. That and drinking alcohol is about all I ever did. I believe once I bumped some Ritalin and have done Oxycodone several times. I never have known anyone personally who used heroin. It does seem to be a bad drug. I do support marijuana legalization.

Sorry mo202564 that your cousin died from heroin. My cousin had a meth addiction and got into lots of trouble but is as of now doing good. One of her son’s is living with my aunt also. Drugs do seem to create more problems and don’t help at all. I feel I have a “Wasted” life but I’m still here. I doubt I will do anything for the most part to help anyone. I am too selfish a person that I never give to people.

One thing about heroin and other drugs is our legal system is too tough on people who get caught doing drugs or selling them. It makes you a criminal and that leads to more criminal activity. Mo303564 what would you think would solve things for these drug addicts? Prison time would keep them clean but also hurts them from finding employment. I guess our police should focus on getting the smugglers and big dealers. If there is no drug then people can’t use it. The war on drugs hasn’t really changed things that much I don’t think.

If marijuana is to be made legal then that will lead to other drugs becoming legal. People love drugs too much and it is something that our bodies like mentally and physically. Our country has tried prohibition but that didn’t work or last. People found ways to get alcohol and it aided criminal activity and people died for alcohol. Maybe legalization of all drugs would help with getting rid of the criminal charges but usage would increase. I guess I don’t know where to stand on heroin.

Maybe no criminal charges for users and free mandatory treatment for them along with going after the cartels and kingpins of drug smuggling would be my opinion. I would hate to see drugs that a person can overdose on be legal though alcohol is. Something about sticking a needle into your arm is scary to me. I guess it would be to get countries where this drug comes from to stop its production but that will take maybe a couple hundred years.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Just felt like hanging around here for tonight. Nothing special going on. Looking forward to next month though . In hopes to goto AwesomeCon in Washington D.C. again.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.

Return to “Hot Topics”