What's up?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: What's up?

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Me and Dad took 2 days off work and came down to the Hill Country to mow Mary's yard & fix a door on an old shed so I can store the mower in it.
I can't get the mower started, and I can't find the receipt to get Lowes to service it. Also, the entire wall of the shed is too rotten to do anything with this trip. I need a week off to take care of all this sh*t. I'll be lucky if I can do this again next month.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Yesterday i worked afternoon shift (I filled in for a coworker). We ran out of power two times (the system overloaded) and we finished more than an hour later. I came home after midnight, and woke up for a morning shift at 6 am. When I got home I fell asleep and woke up at 8. It's almost 1 am now, and I'm still not sleepy. And I have to get up at 6 again.
Tipper_Of_Cows

Postby Tipper_Of_Cows » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:16 am

Trying to tame the wild mess of cables inside my computer case. Failing.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:27 am

Adding lyrics to songs from a just released album that have yet to pop up online, and fixing lyrics to one that does have them but the idiot got them very wrong even though the lyric video has been out for like a month.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri May 01, 2015 3:05 am

I'm enjoying Sia's Chandelier with a 12 pack of Heineken in me.
What seems to be the officer problem?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon May 04, 2015 4:06 am

I was just a witness to an accident. This car full of white teens did a u turn and cut me off but did it with their passenger door open and while one of the kids was like stepping out of the car. So then the kid who stepped out of the car was running after his friends car but he didn't look and ran right into traffic and got hit by this other car. The kid goes rolling on the ground and into my car. I swerved to the right to avoid him but still hit him a little. The kid ends up okay but the driver of the car that hit him gets out and then every one started to yell at each other. So I was afraid so I stayed in my car. Then the other kids who were friends with the kid who got hit get out and start yelling also and it was like a fight was going to happen or a shooting or stabbing. Then witnesses start yelling at the teens and they start threatening everyone with violence. It was crazy, then all the teens after hearing the driver was calling 911 ran and got into their car and drove off. So I had to stay around for like 50 minutes for the police to get there. It really sucked. I had no damage to my car but the other drive has some dents in his. How crazy is that? I first thought I had ran over the teens head or something. I was thinking I may end up in prison.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue May 05, 2015 1:12 am

You wouldn't have ended up in prison. That was totally their fault. (dafuq were they doing in there?)

Whelp, I'm sick. again. I think high allergen count combined with the output of pollen from the shrubs in front of my house irritated my sinuses to the point where it made me more susceptible to a cold. Fun.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue May 05, 2015 10:35 pm

I f*cked up today a work. I got distracted, pushed the wrong button, and send some two hundred litres of wort into a tank with lye. I had to trow away the lye with wort and make more, but I was afraid that the beer wouldn't turn out as it should. I brewed it a bit longer to get the right extract, and in the end it turned out alright.
Tipper_Of_Cows

Postby Tipper_Of_Cows » Tue May 05, 2015 11:06 pm

I hada set of lectureson brewing and didn't know (or have since forgot) that lye was involved. Makes me worried to finish the beer in my hand in case it got contaminated with the stuff, like this woman's coffee.

I'm worried I'll make mistakes at work since going on the late shift, when it gets to 10 PM and I'm having to pack the place up I get in a bit of a panic thinking I'll forget to do something. Sadly I'm in a lab and mistakes could spray poisonous acid all over me, and even worse all over the expensive equipment! Hopefully I'll get more comfortable when I've been on this shift longer and had to pack the place up at the end of the day more often.

Spent my weekend desperately trying to tame the mould that's grown up the walls. I ordered some antifungal stuff from amazon and ended up with a huge crate of it not the 1 bottle i thought I'd get. I sprayed it on the walls before going to work and the room still smells of it despite me keeping the window open. My twin tub washing machine sucks at actually getting the dirt off my clothes, tempted to spray them with the anti-fungal stuff i got for the really damp walls that connect to the outside.

I waste too much time watching podcasts and a never-ending series of youtube channels. I need to ask my self "why am i watching this again?" more often to make sure I'm doing "useful" stuff with my time!

Starting to think I shouldn't have told my co-workers both that I've got a paper-thin door and a super powerful computer ._.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue May 05, 2015 11:10 pm

BRMBug wrote:You wouldn't have ended up in prison. That was totally their fault. (dafuq were they doing in there?)

Whelp, I'm sick. again. I think high allergen count combined with the output of pollen from the shrubs in front of my house irritated my sinuses to the point where it made me more susceptible to a cold. Fun.
I heard from some kids that the teens were chasing elementary school aged children around for some reason. They seemed to be on drugs also. I think because they ran that they had illegal substances in their car or on their persons.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed May 06, 2015 1:31 am

Hey guys. Just a little worried at the moment.

In December of 2012, my gf was diagnosed with an early stage of breast cancer. They had caught it early enough, and it took nine months of treatment after its removal before she was officially declared "cancer-free."

Just got a call today, however, and while they still give her the same status, they just found a little something that could be a "precursor" to another round. She's scheduled to get this removed later this month. And even though it's very early on, I'm a little worried for her.

Hoping for an easy recovery for her. You may not know her, but any additional encouragement for her would be helpful, too.

Thank you in advance.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed May 06, 2015 2:10 am

Sorry AngusMcTavish that your girlfriend has cancer and especially in her breasts. So she needs surgery, that sucks as I have had one and is scarred terribly and I had surgery because I had broken a bone. Also Cancer runs strong in my family. It seems like half of my family dies from cancer. I hope they can get it all this time or stop it from coming back. My fathers mother died of breast cancer. She had to have all of her breast removed and then it somehow came back and killed her. I hope that doctors can get things right this time. The thing is that cancer never fully leaves the system once someone has it and also people who have had cancer before are more likely to get it again. I wouldn't take any chances with cancer. Have her get treatment rate away. It can spread to your brain which is what happened to my aunt who had it in her stomach first. I had a friend who got cancer in his shoulder and had surgery but then it came back in his brain also and he died. People shouldn't play around with cancer, get treatment rate away. I hope she makes it!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed May 06, 2015 3:20 am

JamesPup wrote:Sorry AngusMcTavish that your girlfriend has cancer and especially in her breasts. So she needs surgery, that sucks as I have had one and is scarred terribly and I had surgery because I had broken a bone. Also Cancer runs strong in my family. It seems like half of my family dies from cancer. I hope they can get it all this time or stop it from coming back. My fathers mother died of breast cancer. She had to have all of her breast removed and then it somehow came back and killed her. I hope that doctors can get things right this time. The thing is that cancer never fully leaves the system once someone has it and also people who have had cancer before are more likely to get it again. I wouldn't take any chances with cancer. Have her get treatment rate away. It can spread to your brain which is what happened to my aunt who had it in her stomach first. I had a friend who got cancer in his shoulder and had surgery but then it came back in his brain also and he died. People shouldn't play around with cancer, get treatment rate away. I hope she makes it!
Thanks, James. Actually, what she has now is just a little something that if not treated could lead to it. They're going to try and remove it before it develops.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed May 06, 2015 4:39 am

Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed May 06, 2015 11:26 am

I hope everything turns out alright, Angus.
Tipper_Of_Cows wrote:I hada set of lectureson brewing and didn't know (or have since forgot) that lye was involved.
It's a cleaning agent. It was in a tank and I was just about to send it through the pipes to clean them.
Tipper_Of_Cows wrote:Makes me worried to finish the beer in my hand in case it got contaminated with the stuff, like this woman's coffee.
That's pretty improbable. There is a possibility that a small amount of diluted NaOH gets in beer, but 1. It wouldn't burn you, and 2. It wouldn't get pass the quality check. What happened to that woman is almost impossible to happen with a bottled beer.
Tipper_Of_Cows wrote:I'm worried I'll make mistakes at work since going on the late shift, when it gets to 10 PM and I'm having to pack the place up I get in a bit of a panic thinking I'll forget to do something.
I know that feeling. Whenever I have to lock the place I always think that I have forgotten something.

Tipper_Of_Cows wrote:Starting to think I shouldn't have told my co-workers both that I've got a paper-thin door and a super powerful computer ._.
Why? What happened.

Return to “Hot Topics”