Russia Demystified

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

agent-FSS

Re: Russia Demystified

Postby agent-FSS » Tue May 12, 2015 7:58 pm

JamesPup wrote: The gun laws in the US need fixing as why should Zimmerman be allowed to have a gun still? All guns do is get him into trouble. I don’t see why so many people who don’t need a gun with work have to have one. I get hunting but just for self protection I am not that supportive with. It sounds like yet again Zimmerman will get out of this one.
Sellers of weapons and the fanatics of the amendment (damn I forget the name of) what permit each in the U.S to have weapons even close won't let anyone change the legislation.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue May 12, 2015 11:31 pm

I guess I just don't get why Americans need to have so many guns. I never hear about someone using one to save a life or their own. Maybe twice a year there is a story about how an armed person was able to defend themselves from a burglar but that would probably be it. It most be like 100 times more that guns are used incorrectly with crime compared to saving a life. It doesn't look like it will ever change but I think it is stupid.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed May 13, 2015 4:58 am

JamesPup wrote:I guess I just don't get why Americans need to have so many guns.
We don't, but we gave ourselves the right to have them when we declared independence from the UK and wrote up the Bill of Rights (the right to bear arms, in this case.) I bet a lot of people who support gun rights don't have guns at home. That would be a case of "I don't like that you own guns, but I support your right to own them."
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed May 13, 2015 11:59 pm

People have guns because they don't want the government to take away their guns...

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri May 15, 2015 8:01 pm

So it looks like Dzhokhar Tsarnaev the Boston Marathon bomber will be put to death at some point. So what do people think about that? I am against the death penalty and so I wish he had gotten life in prison instead. Taking his life is no better then him living in prison for life. I guess he feels no shame for what he did also and still is all radical. This will send a message to people not to do terrorist attacks in America though or you will die.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:55 pm

JamesPup wrote:Taking his life is no better then him living in prison for life.
I disagree. Taking his life will deter others from committing terrorist acts. That is far superior than a mere slap on the writs by letting him live. To state this a little differently:
JamesPup wrote:This will send a message to people not to do terrorist attacks in America though or you will die.
Which is exactly why he must die at the hands of the State. Putting him to death will deter others from attempting terrorist acts as they will know that they themselves will be put to death.

Anyone committing terrorist acts must be put to death. Would you allow the one that did this in Boston to live, getting three meals a day, medical care, and shelter? It's easy, with the passage of time, to say that no one deserves the death penalty. Let me remind you of what he did:

JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri May 15, 2015 11:21 pm

I would allow Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to live in prison for the rest of his life. I read this article yesterday from CNN http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/13/us/dzhokh ... ax-prison/

It is described to be worse then death.

Still I don't believe in the death penalty for any crime. Instead people can just get a life sentence. We could create very strict prisons that would make people want to be dead. Its just as good. Suffering in prison is worse then dying painlessly. Imagine being in a cell for the rest of your life with no TV or books or any communication with anyone. It would be torture.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sat May 16, 2015 7:30 am

One part of me says - you should fry this assh*le on the electric chair, the other says that death for him to be too light a punishment. Realization that this man is more and my compatriot infuriates me.

However, the death penalty will not defeat terrorism. Giving these bastards gifts and money by one hand and creating another kind of struggle, problem not solve. Tcarnaev only a tiny tip of the iceberg, the end product of the powerful machine called global terrorism. Problem is that Muslims are inherently quite fanatical and religious, falling under influence of radical Islamists (purpose is to scare you and force to draw the world in their faith. All who are against to be destroyed, because only their faith is only correct) these fanatics become obedient cogs in the machine. Execute him - and he becomes a martyr in the eyes of new followers who be inspired by his example and commit new acts of terror. Jailed him - and other fanatics will take hostages demanding his release.

Suicide bombers is another category. They crave death, so the threat of death does not frighten them. Moreover, these misguided fools are so brainwashed, that they are not able to think, and sincerely believe that all who dead along with them go to heaven.

But upset did not it. Of particular concern excite some special services, which use selective approach to this issue. Why, knowing that somebody are preparing attacks they do nothing to prevent it, and showing incompetence? Maybe it should be? Thanks to acts of terrorism can knock yourself more funding, citing pious pretext of fighting terrorism can be obtained more powers, take control of the Internet, without difficulty to spy for people, read personal correspondence, have secret prisons abroad, which obviously can get not only the real criminals and so on.

I'm else not talking about those fools in the government who naively believe that the terrorist-fanatics can be controlled, kept in subjection, to use them to your advantage. For example not far to seek - Al-Qaida, ISIL, the list is long. Get rid of them and world will be more peaceful.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat May 16, 2015 2:47 pm

I forgot how these terrorists don’t care if they die and think they will go to heaven. Tamerlan Tsarnaev put on a suicide bombers vest and ran at police to kill himself and police. Obviously he didn’t care if he died so the younger brother must not care either. Well it is not that big of a deal. Either he gets the death penalty or not. It is a good idea to kill them so there are no hostage negotiations. Lots of families are tricked into giving money to have their family member released and then nothing happens. I don’t like the US trading with terrorists for peoples release. We need to stop that as one thing.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat May 16, 2015 3:13 pm

The idea that the death penalty prevents crime is laughable on its face. Even a cursory glance at crime statistics shows there is no difference between similar states whether or not the government is allowed to revenge murder people.

I find it very strange that the same people who rant about big government are the same ones who almost seem to take pleasure in the death penalty. It's weird.

In the Boston case, I have a serious problem with the way a cowardly act of murder has been elevated to "terrorism" by the media and politicians thereby giving the perpetrators exactly what they wanted. Attention. Validation. And now martyrdom.

Let him rot instead.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue May 19, 2015 1:16 am

I disagree that the Boston Marathon bombers were not terrorists. Clearly with the older brother having training in Russia or a part of Asia shows that it was terrorism and they are radical wannabes that read jihad magazines that taught them to make pressure cooker bombs. It was home grown terrorism at its finest. We should call these people terrorists. Let them think they are getting attention, validation, and martyrdom as it will make them happy. Al-Qaida and ISIS is dying and so who cares. I will say Obama’s plan is working even though I will say it is weak. Also let people believe in dying things. It wasn’t a cowardly act as you think as it was a terror bombing as written in their magazines and so they meant to do what they did and then the next day kill a police officer and try and kill some more. They were following written words of killing Americans and so it was terrorism.

I agree he should rot and be an old fart. It will bring only a little more pleasure saying he is dead. But being rotten and old will show weakness. Like Zawahri is old now and probably in India by now. We will get him sooner or later. These people are fools who use force to win.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Tue May 19, 2015 7:12 pm

ISIS dying? I think those bastards are only getting stronger and bolder. They constantly arrange a demonstration penalty, destroy ancient monuments of architecture, intensified in Syria and start to press forces of Assad. And other captured territories they leave too not to hurry.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Tue May 19, 2015 7:13 pm

I think it is not amiss to congratulate Americans with bronze medals at the world hockey championship. Canadians once again proved that they are the best in this sport, as I would not want a different result, they deservedly champions.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue May 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Well ISIS seems to be getting stronger but the truth of the fact is their troops counts are dwindling down so soon they will be too stretched out and will lose territory. I would like more done and ground troops to be used. This thing would be done with by now with US ground troops. Who knows what ISIS will do when they realize they are going to fail? I could see them carrying out mass killings of civilians. We should not trust ISIS to rule over any people ever and so we are failing for not realizing the impact they are having on civilians and what they are doing and may do to them. Just the genocide and all aged female sex slaves should be enough to get nations to use ground troops to eradicate ISIS. It will be looked back on as a mistake for not ending this thing quick and fast. Everyone knows that a quick and victorious war is good for a country but the way Obama is doing it is wrong as it is drawn out too much and public opinion is getting more and more to wanting US ground troops and an end to the conflict.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu May 21, 2015 8:15 pm

JamesPup wrote: Everyone knows that a quick and victorious war is good for a country but the way Obama is doing it is wrong as it is drawn out too much and public opinion is getting more and more to wanting US ground troops and an end to the conflict.
I would like to believe, but I fear that without strong allies US forces as usual for a long time get bogged down in the ground operation. ISIS serious adversary, they should not be underestimated.

Perhaps we could use its naval base in Syria, redeploy a few ships, aircraft carrier, a bit of ground troops to support Assad (there's where we would come in handy type helicopter carriers "Mistral", but we up till now can't take away them from the French), however, with our not too good financial situation, extra spending on the war is far from its borders now looks not best idea, besides Syria, Iraq or the United States is not asking from us direct intervention in the conflict.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”