*1905: Safe Space* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1905: Safe Space* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:40 pm

No, it's because they're the two smartest kids in the class, so he might be able to count on either of them to make him look good. But they took detention because they know him, so hell no they're not gonna help him. If he wanted them to be in trouble, this is not the way to do it, 'cause there's nothing in it for him if they'd gladly be in trouble to avoid helping him. So with them refusing to help him, he could have counted on Stan, Kenny, Craig, Clyde, somebody. He didn't choose Butters, since he protested that he wanted somebody smart and hard-working.

It's somewhat surprising that Stan wasn't shown with Cartman in PC Principal's office, and more surprising that he had a grand total of one line in the whole episode.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:19 am

For the first 20 minutes or so, this was one of the BEST episodes I have seen in a LOOONG Time!!...Then the last 2-3 minutes happened! :shock: :(

Cartman getting ripped on. People getting shamed. Stupid Celeberties. A Cartman/Butters Subplot. A singalong...and Hampsters!!! :P :o Ohhh. Things were going GREAT!! :mrgreen:

Then Butters got naked....almost killed himself (and I got REALLY nervous for a minute there because I thought they might have actually done it!! :cry: :cry: Thank GOD they didn't) but instead they killed "Reality" Whom I didn't care for anyways.....but you know....he's "Reality!" :roll: :|

That's what I don't like about this year. Everything seems fake. Everything seems Too over the top. Everything is 'better' than what Reality is telling them. I wish that were the case but it IS NOT!! and For some reason, South Park is playing with that concept.

So while the Episode gets an 8/10....it could have been sooooo much better hans if the season could be wrapped a bit better and this whole sh*t about a better world and a stranger more "2015" world could stop....because I'll be honest. It's kinda pissing me off!! :evil:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:31 am

The Next Episode has GOT to be a "Stan" Episode. He has been awfully quiet this season.....too quiet!! :( While it's nice to see Randy, Cartman, and even Kyle and Kenny plots or subplots. Something is strange in South Park when "Stan" isn't getting much of a say....and someone out there HAS to be the one who finally begins to put (2+2) together and starts to pull out some of the sh*t that has been happening as of late.

I hope next week they show Wendy and Kyle together in Detention :P

Also someone let me know when the "Kids" take a more prominent role (Craig, Clyde, Token-although he spoke this season already! :) Jimmy, Scott Malkinson...you know! we need one of these!)

Happy they ripped on Whole Foods....I hate that shitplace. I'm shocked the people of South Park wanted one. I'm hoping this marks the "beginning of the end" on that. Ridiculously expensive....hate organics, and that whole "paperless Ego-bio sh*t". Ugh. Next think you know one of these idiots will be getting a "Greenhouse" and we'll be seeing those Smug-ass Electric Cars again!! :evil: :gaykenny:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 am

I don't think we'll see Wendy and Kyle in detention, but I'd love it -- wonder what detention is like now? We've seen it in the cafeteria in older episodes and Stick of Truth, but in some instances, like "Breast Cancer Show Ever" (s12e09) it was in the library instead.

The tricky thing about SP's new continuity is it's still hard to predict what'll stick and what won't -- Leslie came back, but still hasn't done anything, and we saw Liza and David in the background only. But who expected Cartman to mention Yelp, and last week, who thought we'd get a whole episode about ShiPaTown and restaurants?
It's somewhat surprising that Stan wasn't shown with Cartman in PC Principal's office, and more surprising that he had a grand total of one line in the whole episode.
I'm more surprised we didn't see Stan interact with his father. It is interesting that he's given a ton of speeches himself but he's never been seen as one of the 'smart kids' in-universe the way Kyle has. Probably because thematically, he's always supposed to be the All-American golden boy.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:20 am

Wow, those two words Stan spoke in here were fantastic! *eye roll* Anyway....

For the most part I thought the scenes with Randy at the Whole Foods were funny. But as someone mentioned earlier, all this PC talk every week is overkill. We get it, people get butthurt easily these days. Oh well, let's move on. That new principal needs to go and go NOW. South Park needs to stop pretending to be PC. It's not what the town is about.

Butters falling out the window of the school was really stupid. I'm sorry but that was again- overkill. Give Butters balls once in a while, stop making him the whipping boy for Cartman and everyone else. Seeing a kid jump out a window is not funny no matter who it is.

I didn't quite get the Reality man. So 1,000s of people were imagining him? If they all were there to see him get hung.

I am a very sensitive person but still, this PC stuff needs to leave America and South Park ASAP.

5.5/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:33 pm

mo303564 wrote: I hope next week they show Wendy and Kyle together in Detention :P
They are not in the background of the press image for this week, so maybe.

You read it! You can't unread it!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:38 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
mo303564 wrote: I hope next week they show Wendy and Kyle together in Detention :P
They are not in the background of the press image for this week, so maybe.
Kyle's in the crowd in the first press pic though.
morgan2076

Postby morgan2076 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Discuss:
Body Shaming
Charity Shaming
Celebrities in need of Safe Spaces
Butters as filter for all the negativity out there
Reality (reminds me of Snidely Whiplash, lol)

I rewatched this episode and glad I did.
Always getting goosed at the checkout line after buying food for yourself? Happened in real life during the Thanksgiving holidays. Putting up a tweet I thought was funny and then getting hammered for it? Happened during weekend after Thanksgiving during shopping and I thought - why did I put that tweet up there in the first place? I should've known better.

And so that's why I loved the last 2 minutes - Randy saying that #shamelessAmerica has raised over $40,000 to put Ipads into the hands of starving central american kids in order for them to take the sh%t out of tweets so that Reality dies and everyone can live in their 'safe' zone.

What a great episode as a mirror to our own narcissism and 'snowflake' -ness

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”