*1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

VACOOLA
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:36 am

Well, as the title suggests, this was once again supposed to be an episode exploring the mechanisms of peer pressure, but on a completely new level, where peer pressure becomes even pee-er. I mean, literally: first Cupid Me pees in your mouth, then you are suddenly all gay and supportive. It would have probably made more sense if they gave us some explanation to this absurdly overstretched PC mass hypnosis. Like, it's all aliens' fault (are you still there doing your usual stuff, FOGNL?), or maybe that Crab People are behind this madness. But no, we just have to go with the flow. Oh, and Mayor McDaniels was a lousy substitute for Mr. Adler with his hillariously tragic love story.

On top of that Tweek was talking in Kyle's voice for the most part, and Halloween was completely ignored.

Meh.
kfgg
Posts: 3092
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:06 am

This (Unless something otherwise happens later in the season) will be the standout episode of this season for me. I feel like a dork, but it had some variety in the episode, some real sweet (I guess you can call it that) moments and some good songs. I like that they are putting songs, both original and non-original songs in almost every episode so far this season. This time around they managed 2 non original and 1 original. Last two episodes they had 2 original songs along with a non original (A recording of an actual song)

I'm a music (and moreso radio) geek and over the last 14 years or so South Park helped fuel that passion with stuff like this.
Stan and Kyle :)
John_117
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42 am

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby John_117 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:33 am

I know what I said in the Pre-Air Discussion thread, but oh man every second of this episode brought a smile to my face. Whether or not Craig and Tweek are gay or not, it doesn't seem to matter now, because Creek is official boys!

10/10, would ship again.
nall
Site Admin
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 2:52 pm

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:29 am

VACOOLA wrote:Well, as the title suggests, this was once again supposed to be an episode exploring the mechanisms of peer pressure, but on a completely new level, where peer pressure becomes even pee-er. I mean, literally: first Cupid Me pees in your mouth, then you are suddenly all gay and supportive. It would have probably made more sense if they gave us some explanation to this absurdly overstretched PC mass hypnosis. Like, it's all aliens' fault (are you still there doing your usual stuff, FOGNL?), or maybe that Crab People are behind this madness. But no, we just have to go with the flow. Oh, and Mayor McDaniels was a lousy substitute for Mr. Adler with his hillariously tragic love story.
Well, they did kill Reality last week...
triplemultiplex wrote:Well that was odd. They basically had everyone telling Tweek and Craig they were gay so often that they finally said, "F*ck it, I guess we're gay."

Which is not how it works.
And that's two weeks detention for you, young man.
VACOOLA
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:54 am

nall wrote:
VACOOLA wrote:Well, as the title suggests, this was once again supposed to be an episode exploring the mechanisms of peer pressure, but on a completely new level, where peer pressure becomes even pee-er. I mean, literally: first Cupid Me pees in your mouth, then you are suddenly all gay and supportive. It would have probably made more sense if they gave us some explanation to this absurdly overstretched PC mass hypnosis. Like, it's all aliens' fault (are you still there doing your usual stuff, FOGNL?), or maybe that Crab People are behind this madness. But no, we just have to go with the flow. Oh, and Mayor McDaniels was a lousy substitute for Mr. Adler with his hillariously tragic love story.
Well, they did kill Reality last week....
Yeah, they did kill him, there's no denying it. Except I didn't think Reality was all that real. I thought he was more like the town's collective Cupid Me or something. :?
R4Zi3L
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:51 am

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby R4Zi3L » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:37 am

Best episode of the season, i was smiling to the end :)
djdomain
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:40 am

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby djdomain » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:18 am

VACOOLA wrote: Yeah, they did kill him, there's no denying it. Except I didn't think Reality was all that real. I thought he was more like the town's collective Cupid Me or something. :?
I was hoping that Reality was going be a fiction of imagination that everyone who went ultra-PC would see, being a stand in for their conscience (or lack of one). Definitely became popular quickly for being the first character to hit back at the PC elitists and make them realize that they suck, he needs to make a comeback later on.

Totally called it on pre-air for PC Principal giving Tweek and Craig crap for not wanting to be labelled as a gay couple, but since he is so one-dimensional as a character it wasn't that hard to guess.

Not sure what the handing of money to them was for, was it hush money to stop them from speaking out against the labelling, or encouraging them to be more 'gay' for the happiness of others?
LaLiari
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:31 am

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby LaLiari » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:24 am

A little disappointed in the way they confused things with this ep.

Now I see all these posters confusing "shounen-ai" with "yaoi". And since I got my folks into SP, now I'm gonna have to hear their questions as well. :roll:

Someone on the pre-air thread tried to explain yaoi as being known as "boy's love", which was what they stated in the episode. Except I hate to say...

Yaoi is the hard stuff. Yaoi IS the slash/lemon anime-styled male on male porno.

Shounen-ai is the fluffy, lovey stuff. This is the term which literally translates to "boy's love" in Japanese... Yaoi, as it's known in the west, is oftentimes just one huge category amateur artists like to throw all their "bishounen" into.

Some users speculate (probably due to earlier eps) that the creators know a lot about the culture and whatnot. That's kinda why it's a bit disappointing. This form of pornography has exploded onto western chicks (and guys) like an atom bomb. If the point was to highlight how open one culture is with sexuality while our own just "doesn't get it", then call this ep a winner.

But, if fudging up the basic terminology was simply due to ignorance on their part, and/or proposing it as a laughable "passing whim" for prepubescents, then they're so far off the mark on making a realistic statement that I'd have to give a thumbs down.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18727
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:52 am

djdomain wrote:Not sure what the handing of money to them was for, was it hush money to stop them from speaking out against the labelling, or encouraging them to be more 'gay' for the happiness of others?
I think it's encouragement, as the prohibitions are no longer in place and it's up to the newly-open gay person to own it.
LaLiari wrote:Some users speculate (probably due to earlier eps) that the creators know a lot about the culture and whatnot. That's kinda why it's a bit disappointing. This form of pornography has exploded onto western chicks (and guys) like an atom bomb. If the point was to highlight how open one culture is with sexuality while our own just "doesn't get it", then call this ep a winner.

But, if fudging up the basic terminology was simply due to ignorance on their part, and/or proposing it as a laughable "passing whim" for prepubescents, then they're so far off the mark on making a realistic statement that I'd have to give a thumbs down.
The wiki for "yaoi" uses both definitions, and which one applies depends on where you are.

While yaoi has become an umbrella term in the West for women's manga or Japanese-influenced comics with male-male relationships, and it is the term preferentially used by American manga publishers for works of this kind...

Japan uses the term yaoi to denote dōjinshi and works that focus on sex scenes.

South Park being an American show, Trey would use the Western definition for yaoi.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Mamont
Posts: 2411
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Mamont » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:16 am

That was weird... And pretty funny. Definitely the best episode of the season.
JamesPup wrote: I know not to watch this episode too much or it will make me gay.
It will? Excuse me while I make certain people watch it.

Goddammit! Why won't Professor Chaos laughing emoji work?!
Aha! There we go!

:chaos:
JOSHSKORN
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:36 am

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JOSHSKORN » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:45 am

This is the best this season by far, although Boogers and Cum was much funnier than this, but that literally was just a moment long, not an entire episode. The only low part in this episode was that first song...I think there were a couple but I didn't pay much attention to the other, considering it wasn't all that great, either.

Probably 8/10...at LEAST. If only the whole season was at least this good.
2coolhipdude
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:43 am

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby 2coolhipdude » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:09 am

Again, too gay. It's OK to pick on gays, but if you do it too much, then the whole show becomes gay. Just like the swearing ep. It's OK to swear sometimes, but do it constantly and it becomes one big negative mess.

4/10
Pukitonator78
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Pukitonator78 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:33 pm

Sadly absolutly on the same level as the rest of the season 2/10 ;(
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6093
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:35 pm

nall wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:Well that was odd. They basically had everyone telling Tweek and Craig they were gay so often that they finally said, "F*ck it, I guess we're gay."

Which is not how it works.
And that's two weeks detention for you, young man.
Aw man! Now I'm gonna get grounded!
:lol:

By far the best scene was the faux-breakup. Craig being utterly blindsided by Tweek's good acting was excellent.

I wonder if anyone on the forum got their art into the episode?
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
mario88
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby mario88 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:58 pm

hi people. this is my first post here, but i've been watching south park since forever :) recently i found out about this site and i found out there is a forum, too.

this was another funny episode but also very deep, like so often happens with south park. i liked how other people re-discovered their feelings after seeing tweek and craig: accepting other people's love helps you accept your own feelings more openly.

i love when "minor" characters have more space in this show, because they have so much potential and this episode shows that with the psychological insight: tweek lacks self-confidence and craig helps him with that (although that wasn't his main purpose); and craig, too, understands that tweek needs a friend and at some point he doesn't even care what people think of him. i see that as the begin of a strong friendship.

as usual, kyle is the one that focuses the things and understands that yaoi is just something made from girls for girls (and lately not only asian girls, i know of a danish woman who is much into that). as a big lover of mangas (although yaoi is not my cup of tea), i can add that picking up random guys and "making them gay" (because for some reason it is believed that those two work well in a gay relationship) is more specifically typical of fujoshi culture (look up google for that), so it is more a subgenre of yaoi.
Last edited by mario88 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He is the record!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest