*1907: Naughty Ninjas* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1907: Naughty Ninjas* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:24 am

Airing shortly on Comedy Central
kfgg

Re: *1907: Naughty Ninjas* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:30 am

This is going to be a two-3 partner, isnt it?
Stan and Kyle :)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:46 am

So… What The Hell Happened To SoDoSoPa? How did it end up a homeless and destroyed area? South Park really messed up with that as we should have seen what happened. I guess because it is a business section that it attracted homeless but it should have been shown on the show.

So I felt so bad for Barbrady. I have wanted him dead before but this episode did such a great job humanizing him. He lived so poor and with a sick dog. I feel like crying. I really love our police and I hate when they get into trouble. I was so going to give a bad review if Barbrady was leaving but it ended with Barbrady still able to have a future with the show.

The start was nice but there were some jokes like the Cartman not knowing who the other ninjas were joke and it sucked and was used too much. Also I think ISIS’s involvement should have been more. ISIS should have been there and ordered the kids around. People should have died. I liked the anti-Jewish stuff yet couldn’t there have been some more that ninjas and ISIS or Cartman and ISIS would have in common?

So the big thing from this episode is that there has been an investigation into the town and Leslie. Is PC Principal Leslie’s father or something or is he raping her? In the picture they both were blushing and so are they f*cking?

I really like how this one ended. It looks like we should expect some big action next week with more on this new plot of the FBI or something keeping an eye on South Park. It may be that the PC wave is a plot to end the way America is run, whatever that is. Like the government is against racial equality or freedom or something. How is Leslie behind this all? I am lost as to what she is up to.

I really hope Barbrady is in the next episode as I really loved him. The episode did a great job on showing the negative side of police and also a positive one that the news media doesn’t normally allow us to see which is that our police are human.

I think this episode was kind of weak to me so only a 7.9/10
What seems to be the officer problem?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:56 am

8.2/10
I knew PC Principal was one rotten son of a bitch, but now we know why he always went after Leslie: she's his daughter. I feel an epic battle about to shape up in order to save South Park. The fact that that investigator or whoever he is recruited Barbrady to save the town has me thinking: are we going to see a bunch of old school characters like Barbrady, Garrison, Jimbo, Ned, Principal Victoria, Jesus and maybe even some others teaming up to save the town from being destroyed forever? Also, is there someone else above PC Principal and Leslie who's having them carry out the elimination of South Park, perhaps someone sinister who would hate the town like Scott Tenorman or Trent Boyett? As for the episode itself, the boys confusing each other's identities, the police department turning into a hula school, the boys talking to ISIS, the Fuck Tha Police montage and everyone in town considering ninjas to be gay were the best parts of the episode in my opinion. Excited to see what might be going down next week with PC Principal and Leslie's true intentions revealed and if anyone in town opens their eyes to what's really taking place in their backyard. Perhaps this could be a chance for not only the forgotten characters to redeem themselves, but also for the people in town we've seen milling around in the background for the most part, especially the lesser-known students at South Park Elementary School, to save their fellow residents and become the stuff of legends. Here's to saving South Park, Colorado from being erased!

P.S., Officer Barbrady also seems to have a sad backstory between his sick old dog, the ramshackle apartment or motel room he lives in and the fact that he too seems to have lost a spouse, just like Mayor McDaniels. I am so rooting for him and everyone else trying to stop South Park from being vaporized!
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:18 am

This was a good ep and good to see the return of Officer Barbrady
Coleycow

Postby Coleycow » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:30 am

Damn! That episode was tight! Great jokes that kept getting better and better throughout! I also love how little jokes strewn from previous episodes kept popping up, (the whole Lesley thing was random at first, but then they just kept referencing it, and now its a major plot point!)

This episode combined everything that makes South Park great, putting the kids into ridiculous and taboo scenarios (the ninja-isis reveal was perfect), painting most of the adults as idiots, and really highlighting the PC hypocrisy. (Randy looking at the homeless in disgust encompassed the moral stance of this entire season)

What brings it home is the townspeople referencing Cartman's ridiculous childish argument against Barbrady. (Cartman: "No, I said, 'Ninjas are gay?' but like as a question!" Randy: "No, I said 'Kill the kids?' but like as a question!") This helped tie together the separate storylines thematically, AND paint these people as they are, childish adults.

The Lesley reveal at the end makes me believe that this is building up to a climatic two (or three) part finale, but there are still some loose ends needed to be tied up. Will Presidential Candidate Garrison make his triumphant return? Will Kyle finally get his chance to give a speech? Can ex-officer Barbrady save the town from disappearing up its own assh*le? How will the battle for Whole Foods play out? Find out next week?, but like, as a question?

TL;DR 9/10 great episode.
HM04242

Postby HM04242 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:44 am

Ok, the fact that the boys dressed up as ninjas was confusing. I was trying to distinguish one from another, and see if I could hear a bit of Kenny's voice if he talked. It sort of reminded me of Super Best Friends, when you couldn't distinguish them because they shaved their heads and dressed the same. They acknowledged that a lot, like when Cartman started yelling at Stan because he thought that Stan was Kyle, and Cartman tying up Clyde instead of Kyle. Also, it was sort of hard to hear the boys when they are talking, because their mouths were all muffled, like Kenny.

And just like the last episode, the ending... what the f*ck? Who's planning to destroy South Park? Why would they tell Barbrady about this if he loves helping the town? Is Leslie related to PC Principal somehow? Could PC Principal actually be a decent person?

7/10 Decent Episode, but not as good as Tweek X Craig
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:44 am

And now we have an official last name for David.
nwt000 wrote: I knew PC Principal was one rotten son of a bitch, but now we know why he always went after Leslie: she's his daughter.
Well, we know there's some relationship between them, but the nature of it is speculative, no?
nwt000 wrote: P.S., Officer Barbrady also seems to have a sad backstory between his sick old dog, the ramshackle apartment or motel room he lives in and the fact that he too seems to have lost a spouse, just like Mayor McDaniels.
What makes you say that about the spouse? I didn't catch it if there was something.
tuke2020

Postby tuke2020 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:02 am

nall wrote:And now we have an official last name for David.
nwt000 wrote: I knew PC Principal was one rotten son of a bitch, but now we know why he always went after Leslie: she's his daughter.
Well, we know there's some relationship between them, but the nature of it is speculative, no?
nwt000 wrote: P.S., Officer Barbrady also seems to have a sad backstory between his sick old dog, the ramshackle apartment or motel room he lives in and the fact that he too seems to have lost a spouse, just like Mayor McDaniels.
What makes you say that about the spouse? I didn't catch it if there was something.
In "Chickenlover" he's said to have a wife and in this episode he was frequently shown with a picture of a woman around his age who could be a possible ex/deceased wife.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:14 am

Nall I think that nwt000 is talking about how when Barbrady entered his apartment that he said something like “hi honey I’m home”. This at first tricked me into thinking Barbrady had a wife but then it showed his dying dog. So for me I didn’t think that anymore but maybe nwt000 does.

In the beginning of the episode I don’t get why PC Principal had the police show up to arrest Leslie. How will that tie into the new plot of Leslie up to an evil scheme. He had a laser pointer and that is like trying to trick the police into shooting someone. Maybe PC Principal is trying to use Leslie as a martyr to the PC movement? Is it really Leslie that is plotting everything? And what picture is on her shirt?
What seems to be the officer problem?
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:55 am

It's nice to realize the South Park we know is not dead. It's just been hiding behind the ugly mask of political correctness and gentrification. Maybe the good old ignorant asshole Barbrady is what the town really needs to take off that mask. Yes, all cops are racist trigger-happy bastards, but Barbrady is a sweet and caring racist trigger-happy bastard, so maybe he can do what it takes to expose the PC conspiracy, like shoot a couple more Latino kids?

I sincerely hope Leslie turns out to be the mastermind, not that fuckface jerk of a principal. She does kinda look like an evil genius, doesn't she? Therefore he must be her Bane and she must be his Talia. They both probably work for the League of Shadows, trying to fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny.

Also, did anybody notice a PC Carnival or any carnival at all? I know I didn't. Or was the whole ninjas=ISIS=gay thing supposed to be it? Guess they decided to flush the idea down the toilet at the very last moment.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:55 am

PC = Political Correctness, Politically Correct, etc.

PC backwards is CP.

CP = Crab People.

The picture at the end of the episode clearly shows that PC Principal and Leslie have worked together not too long ago since their ages on the picture match with their current ages.

What if both are crab people? That would explain why PC Principal keeps telling Leslie to shut up, perhaps out of fear Leslie might accidentally spread their plan. Perhaps turning the entire town PC is a ploy to turn the people into whimps, much like when Crab People turned the town into metrosexuals.

Half Life 3 confirmed.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:30 am

tuke2020 wrote:In "Chickenlover" he's said to have a wife.
I had to look it up but you, sir, are correct. Bravo.
HM04242 wrote:And just like the last episode, the ending... what the f*ck? Who's planning to destroy South Park? Why would they tell Barbrady about this if he loves helping the town? Is Leslie related to PC Principal somehow? Could PC Principal actually be a decent person?
The investigator at the end was presumably already looking into PC Principal and/or Leslie? Beyond that, I guess we'll have to wait to find out :o
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:35 am

Nall, did you get any of my PM's?
jbeme

Postby jbeme » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:51 am

John_117 wrote:What if both are crab people? That would explain why PC Principal keeps telling Leslie to shut up, perhaps out of fear Leslie might accidentally spread their plan. Perhaps turning the entire town PC is a ploy to turn the people into whimps, much like when Crab People turned the town into metrosexuals.
Yes - that seems reasonable.

For my own theory.
The PC group is headed by Feminists, so that seems to be where this is going. This season may even be a direct response to the SNL episode with Lena Dunham.
Her father looks a bit like PC principal
http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-pu ... roteme.jpg
And Leslie looks a bit like Lena

Also the picture they show at the end with the bear/alien thing. The mouth and eye's basically look like a F on it's side - Feminism maybe. Perhaps this is all me projecting - 3rd/4th wave feminism drives me crazy. And I use to consider myself a Feminist.
Julie Bindel may have been the woman in Barbrady's apartment. Representing old school feminism, and new Feminists do not like her. She has been banned from Feminist forums at Universities. She doesn't think Bruce/Cailyn Jenner is a hero.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/58 ... 3FXeaF.jpg

Basically, Barbrady represent 1st/2nd wave activism while Leslie/PC principal represent 3rd/4th wave and SJW's.

Anyways, that's my thoughts on this. (maybe projection)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”