New South Park Studios Forums Setup

This is the feedback forum. Please use it to leave comments about features or anything else you would like seen added to Southparkstudios.com
JamesPup

New South Park Studios Forums Setup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:02 am

I so far really like the new setup. Great job nall!

I was able to find my old account and see what the username is and then login and change that email address so my JamesPup account could have it.

The search for members could use an easier way to search it... like a place to type in an account name to limit it down some more. Its just to vast.

Also in Notifications which is the "bell" the "Settings" click doesn't work and takes you to a dead page and "Mark all read" click does nothing. I'm not sure if these ever worked though.

I would also like to see where it would say your location to come back but I guess it doesn't matter and people used the space for other reasons anyways.
What seems to be the officer problem?
nall
Site Admin

Re: New South Park Studios Forums Setup

Postby nall » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:47 am

JamesPup wrote:I so far really like the new setup. Great job nall!
Glad to hear it!
JamesPup wrote:I was able to find my old account and see what the username is and then login and change that email address so my JamesPup account could have it.

The search for members could use an easier way to search it... like a place to type in an account name to limit it down some more. Its just to vast.
I'm not sure what you mean - can you elaborate?
JamesPup wrote:Also in Notifications which is the "bell" the "Settings" click doesn't work and takes you to a dead page and "Mark all read" click does nothing. I'm not sure if these ever worked though.
There seems to be a bad setting in a few of the modules. I've updated settings if you want to try again (it works now for me.)
JamesPup wrote:I would also like to see where it would say your location to come back but I guess it doesn't matter and people used the space for other reasons anyways.
Duly noted!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:05 am

I see now I got the member thing wrong. There is a click called "Find a member" and that takes you to a new page that allows you to search for any member by name. Sorry I thought there would be just a box open to type in a name to search. My bad, I missed that. :unhoodedkenny:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:55 am

Waiii!!

Looks like the mod tools are back, but they don't do anything when I click on them.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:16 am

Big-Will wrote:Waiii!!

Looks like the mod tools are back, but they don't do anything when I click on them.
You're right, although it seems like only some of the buttons do that. In the interim, you can right-click and open in a new tab.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:00 pm

Dude! These forums look so new to me! :D
Still the same as it ever was.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:09 pm

Only critique I have is that it doesn't fill the page.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Colors are back!

Expressions are back!

images in sigs are NOT back!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:04 am

Big-Will wrote:Looks like the mod tools are back, but they don't do anything when I click on them.
Just finished some minor fixes. This (and some other buttons) should now be fixed!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:53 am

You know I am going to end up making another CSS for the board and still rarely post. I have problems.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:55 am

I don't know about other people but when logged in on my phone and I click notifications and maybe one of its options but I'd say give it 10 seconds but still after clicking notifications I am getting logged out. It's happened twice and I am drunk but I think it is a problem with using a phone with forums.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:11 am

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :parishilton:

The new episode ideas thread I liked to post in is gone and locked. :shock:

So is it okay for me to create a new one in the "Fanfics and Episode Ideas" topic section? Nall? Big-Will? :roll:

I have several new ideas rate now yet I am waiting till Tuesday to post them. :oops:

I will admit that thread had a lot of pages. :unhoodedkenny:
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:59 am

The new layout is great. Navigation on my phone is infinitely better and the design is very clean. Nice work!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:20 pm

So I came up with a new and fun idea for the forums. So at NBC Newsvine website which is dying out rate now but still there is commenting people do to articles on the news. Anyways so when someone makes a post it allows people to click a liked type of box which starts at zero and then just goes up and every one is allowed to vote only once per other persons post. So I mean you can't just keep clicking on the like box and making it go up more than the one point you can give on one post. So this would be great to see as it would show whos post was the most liked. Since this is South Park I was thinking there could also be a disliked box so people not only can say which posts they liked but also the ones they hated. I was thinking that in the User Profile or one of them that it would say how many likes and dislikes a user has too. Or maybe this would be shown at the bottom of someone's post which would always be updated like avatars are.
Ike_ve

Postby Ike_ve » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:48 am

The number at the notification icon gets cropped. Image

Return to “Feedback”