*1909: Truth and Advertising* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1909: Truth and Advertising* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:14 am

Opening this thread now. Don't forget we've also got the live tweet of last week's episode at 6:30pm ET.
kfgg

Re: *1909: Truth and Advertising* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:36 am

And my week is officially ruined. If anybody can tell me what I did to deserve this, let me know. Until then, I'll see you next week.
Stan and Kyle :)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:44 am

Okay so I found it boring at first but then with Jimmy thinking with his dick it just picked up so much. I really was getting horny that Jimmy and Leslie were together and going to do it but oh no she beat Jimmy up and is now tricking all the boys into following her, Leslie is such a slut. I think it may be Leslie vs Jenner in the season finale. Everyone getting lost with ads was so funny and so true. I hear teachers talk about that all the time.

Garrison and Jenner are still very refreshing to me and I really want more of it. I will hate to see the Jenner/Garrison thing end. So it looks like Stan and Kyle got into a fight… didn’t this happen to Craig and Tweek? So will we see Stan x Kyle in the future?

I really want to see the end episode as this one did a great job at getting me interested. I wonder where the PC people are, is it Vermont? So will this deal with Bernie Sanders at all as he was like the Senator or some bull of Vermont and Garrison was kind of like him when he was seen debating with Hillary.

I will give this one a 9/10. The ending was great. I was thinking it would be like Bladerunner but I guess we will not see Jimmy running away with Leslie and having sex… too bad. I liked Nathan it was sneaky how he is working to help the ads. It is so funny with Nathan being a villainous character, how will Jimmy deal with Nathan in the future? I wonder what happened to Jimmy, I bet Jimmy will get Leslie to help him in the end or it will suck that Leslie tricked him and didn’t love him.

Also I love how the new episode aired twice in a row instead of the Moonlight City gay Michael Jackson sh*t. I remember Triple mentioned it too.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Zhoaer

Postby Zhoaer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:50 am

The episode was great. The moment Principal Victoria said that one street in Chicago is getting renamed to "Chimichunga" was my favorite part.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:51 am

Did I do good, computer?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:18 am

9.2/10
Wow, that was one hell of a setup for the season finale. Who knew PC Principal was just trying to protect the town from Leslie's master plan to obliterate the town. I wonder if he'll turn up next week and help out Randy, Mr. Garrison, Principal Victoria and Caitlyn. Speaking of Randy, it was nice to see him actually realize the error of his ways and start to actually try to fix the town's troubling trajectory. The gag with the boys and the adults visiting stores was both hilarious and a haunting reminder of how most people interpret advertising these days. I also enjoyed how all of the news guys spoke to each other as if they were doing a live newscast, I guess old habits die hard for them. I take it the theory that PC Delta trying to get all of the town's leaders was a shot at the LaQuan McDonald protesters who got police superintendent Garry McCarthy fired and are asking Rahm Emanuel to resign as the mayor of Chimichanga, I mean Chicago. Hopefully the boys and the four adults all meet up to save the town along with some of the boys' classmates, boys and girls alike, bonus points if Red somehow gets involved in this crusade. ;) But anyway, next week's finale should be one for the ages and next week cannot come soon enough for me, but boy do I still yearn for every season being 14 episodes long and split into a Spring run and a Fall run. Oh well, at least South Park's still on the air after all of these years!
HM04242

Postby HM04242 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:19 am

A few things I noticed:
- Craig and Tweek were sitting together at the lunch table
- Stan and Randy are both the ones to snap the others back to reality when ads carried them away
- Jimmy, on many occasions, has been known to think with his dick (His comments in The Hobbit, his determination in Erection Day)
- Stan yells "F*CK YOU!" at Kyle, and this is not the first time this has happened (In the episode Ass Burgers), and that sounded like Cartman...
- Cartman even said "Oh, that's low," when they brought him up
- Randy mentioned "The Man". Is that Reality?
- Stan and Kyle haven't had an episode to themselves in a while...

This episode seemed to tie things together, and it didn't really have much of a plot line to me. It was still better than some past episodes, though. There were a lot of parts that were funny about it, like the continuing Caitlyn-Jenner-running-over countless-people-in-her-car thing, the boys and the adults getting sidetracked by ads, and the News anchor thing. The whole Ad montage at the beginning reminded me of every single Sci-Fi movie.

Leslie was a good character, but why does she have to team up with Nathan? Jimmy is a great character, and I hate to see him tricked, even if he had fallen for Leslie's trap. I'm hoping that they will mention Cartman jacking off to himself, and Reality in the season finale, since that is supposed to wrap everything up. I want South Park (The town) to go back to what it was before, I'm hoping that will happen in the finale as well.

"Wait, what are we doing?"
"We're eating ice cream, dumbass!"

"That's your dick talking, Jimmy."
Last edited by HM04242 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:23 am

That was an interesting ep.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:48 am

This one has left a strong nutty aftertaste, but at least it wasn't as nutty as most episodes this season. It was pretty damn good, actually, except for the live action montage bits. I hate those. Randy finally got what was coming to him. And while we are at it, I believe it's not Blade Runner they are parodying with Leslie and Jimmy. It looks more like this movie Ex Machina. Have you seen it? Have you heard about it?
nwt000 wrote:I still yearn for every season being 14 episodes long and split into a Spring run and a Fall run.
Don't we all, man? Don't we all?!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:58 am

Copied from the pre-air thread:
nall wrote:
nwt000 wrote:I think Leslie's last name might be Meyers because I zoomed in on the photo at Comedy Central's press site and saw her being referred to as "Leslie Meyers" on the front page of the newspaper.
Geez, what kind of hawk eye vision do you have?
My God, he was right! I still don't see how he got that, but tonight's closeup of the paper confirmed it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:41 am

^ I was on the right trail but nwt000 must have better eyes than me -- he figured it out, and kudos.

Not much to say. It felt a lot like dramatic fluff towards the real conclusion -- there's definitely too many stories going on and while the stuff with Jimmy and the boys feels like it's heading somewhere, the adult stuff actually feels... kind of lost? We could've definitely used more of Garrison and Victoria's shock at the town's changes. They seem to get over it all really quickly.

A few really minor observations -- Tom Pusslicker disappears from the newsmen halfway through, I believe 'Kevin Jarvis' and 'Brian' are both used for the same newsman, Officer Barbrady disappears again after his big scene, Mr. Thompson's at Skeeter's Bar, and when the hell are Jimbo and Ned coming back? (They've completely disappeared since "Where My Country Gone?") Here's hoping Jimbo, Ned, Barbrady and Tom are all part of whatever's being cooked up.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:49 am

Big-Will wrote:Copied from the pre-air thread:
nall wrote:
nwt000 wrote:I think Leslie's last name might be Meyers because I zoomed in on the photo at Comedy Central's press site and saw her being referred to as "Leslie Meyers" on the front page of the newspaper.
Geez, what kind of hawk eye vision do you have?
My God, he was right! I still don't see how he got that, but tonight's closeup of the paper confirmed it.
That's actually really funny that you guys say that because I wear glasses, lol!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:50 am

I knew there'd be some fans smarting about Stan and Kyle fighting. That's always tough when they turn on each other. But it's not their fault, KFGG. They've been tricked into fighting each other by the ads or whatever conspiracy is going on. They will join forces to save the day next week, I can assure you of that.

Bill Hader's newsman voice is so excellent.

Leslie betraying Jimmy; that was obvious. For me it was just a question if they were gonna do it today or next week. I know Jimmy is handicapped and all but she seemed to have superhuman strength there.

Randy Marsh is going to be pivotal in defeating the fiendish plot. Garrison & Victoria have flipped him and next week they will be sending him in as their spy in the PC frat. That's my guess.

You read it! You can't unread it!
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:14 am

Big-Will wrote:My God, he was right! I still don't see how he got that, but tonight's closeup of the paper confirmed it.
It's in the dialog tonight, as well.

Anyway, I guess David is expanding his circle of friends?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:32 am

The only thing I liked about this one was Catelyn Jenner. Trey's voice is hysterical when voicing Jenner. And all the jokes with Garrison.

That spat between Stan and Kyle made me sick. Horrible. It's become obvious who cares. Butters, Kenny, Tweek, Craig, David and a few of the girls and a few others were not yelling "Fight, fight, fight" Craig and Tweek looked a bit more shocked, as they had their own fight a month ago.

f*ck these adds man. And Nathan, f*ck him. They're the cause of all this. Hopefully everybody will put a stop to tand kick the asses the right targets next week, not their loved ones, friends.
Stan and Kyle :)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”