*1910: PC Principal Final Justice* Post-Air Thread

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1910: PC Principal Final Justice* Post-Air Thread

Postby nall » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:04 am

Time for the season finale!
BRMBug

Re: *1910: PC Principal Final Justice* Post-Air Thread

Postby BRMBug » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:17 am

I hope Kenny dies.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:32 am

And now the long painful wait to September 2016.

This blows.
Stan and Kyle :)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:44 am

Too bad Leslie died as I really liked her. It was nice to see her liking guys and her and Kyle would have been a nice couple. I can’t believe PCP is going to stick around for next season. What will happen with Victoria? I really wish PCP had died and not Leslie. I would have loved to have helped Leslie out like Nathan.

I like that Jenner and Garrison will still be running for President. Those two are real funny together. The gun jokes were fun and the gun show being a dog show was silly. People were putting dog treats in their mouths. Also the running joke of guns solving all problems was comical but really guns are not as bad as people say they are.

So I guess the beginning with PCP was in Russia but I’m not sure. It was nice seeing PCP kill people. Also I like how Butters still is dating Charlotte. I hope she is in the next season in person and not just on webcam. I really liked how Shelly got a bigger role and speaking part. I wish she got to go to the gun show too.

I think this was an 8.5. The ads were not really shown to well of how they became human. I really liked that Nathan was such a villain. It was finally like James Bond. I really hope to see Nathan again next season.
What seems to be the officer problem?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:46 am

I give PC Principal a thumbs up for once for killing that f*ckin' ad. This ended without any answers to certain questions and that irritates me but I'll live with it because I have no choice.

People petting shotguns like they're dogs, yeah that's great. Way to rile up my PTSD. Jeeze.

Anyway, next year. See you next year.
oheverglow

Postby oheverglow » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:58 am

I was really hoping it was crab people.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:08 am

It was a fair finale and I wonder if Butters will still have his neck brace next season.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:15 am

7.5/10
Kind of a rushed mishmosh, but it was still better than last year's mess of a finale. So, what's Principal Victoria going to do now that PC Principal's going to retain his position as principal of South Park Elementary School? Also, did Mr. Mackey get fired for his actions? The Classi bits were quite entertaining and seeing Butters talking to Charlotte again was nice. However, I really hope the show goes back to mostly self-contained episodes like the ones that were produced for this show's first seventeen seasons, so many more characters can get a chance to be in the spotlight than if an underlying story is dictating everything by only letting a select few characters call the shots. We need to see more of the fourth graders that aren't the original four, Butters or Jimmy. For example, take a look at my avatar. What do Red, Annie Knitts and Kevin Stoley have in common? They've been busting their asses for nineteen fucking seasons and have pretty much done jackshit in terms of anything important and haven't every really received any major character development. So maybe Red has been a little more prominent in the show's more recent years, but it's high time she got her own damn episode. Mona Marshall could totally handle it, she's been in the voice acting industry for many years and has played a broad range of characters, including the English voices of Doraemon and El Chavo, who are iconic media characters in their native countries of Japan and Mexico, respectively. Annie and Kevin are just as deserving, if not more deserving, of their own episodes because they've been relegated to the background to an even higher extent than Red. Next season, which will be the show's twentieth, would be a perfect time to give this under-appreciated but longtime trio of fourth graders the recognition that they very well deserve by giving them their own episode(s). I hope we get to hear from them in the new game as well. So nall, could you maybe try dropping a hint to Trey, Matt or any of the other fine folks at SPS that Red, Annie and Kevin should get their very own episode(s) next year? It would be really cool if they could finally get their day in the spotlight and if they get received well enough, perhaps appear more often in more prominent roles. It would also be nice if we got to see some more of the fourth grade girls next season and beyond, and not just as a indeterminate group of impressionable superficial lemmings, but with actual endearing personalities that will actually get fans to want to see more of them on the show. PC Principal would sure be a fan of gender equality on the show, that's for sure. Overall, it was a great season but we need to see standalone episodes from here on out, with no more than a pair of 2-part episodes or a single trilogy, but not both or anything beyond that. Furthermore, you don't even need to produce multi-part stories every season just for the sake of having a cliffhanger. Thanks for everything and here's to next season or anything the SP team may have planned before next September!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:20 am

The one part of this episode with Randy yelling at the Whole Foods before it flew away. That was good.

And yeah I was happy to see Butters with Charlotte on another video chat. I liked her. I like the Canadians in general.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:37 am

nwt000 wrote:What do Red, Annie Knitts and Kevin Stoley have in common? They've been busting their asses for nineteen fucking seasons and have pretty much done jackshit in terms of anything important and haven't every really received any major character development. So maybe Red has been a little more prominent in the show's more recent years, but it's high time she got her own damn episode.
Not trying to sound like a dick, but I think more people are interested in political satire at this point than childrens' stories.

Hey, we still have The Fractured But Whole, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:42 am

THE WHOLE TOWN, IN A PLACE PACKED WITH GUNS, (and kudos on the dog show treatment of that. had me giggling my pants off.) AND KENNY STILL SURVIVED!!!! AW, BULLSHIT! :evil:

Also really, really wish the Whole Foods had disappeared into it's own assh*le like the house from Poltergeist. But I guess they did that already... twice.

Glad Leslie died. Sad PC Principal didn't & Principal Victoria didn't get her job back either. :(

Also don't know how they're gonna resolve the Garrison/Jenner thing. Season 20 should be about half way through by the time the Election wraps up, so I'm sure they'll take care of it by then.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:51 am

^ I think that's the reason they kept the Garrison - Jenner thing going, because of the election next year. Gives them something topical to write about. Plus there's always room for a good "Buckle up Buckaroo"

I wish they would have settled Stan & Kyle's beef in a more direct way though. There's hints its been settled (The smiles toward the end of the speech, sitting together in the auditorium, etc) But still.

So I guess it's either wait til September unless they decide to do a summer run, which I doubt they'll do again.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:52 am

John_117 wrote:
nwt000 wrote:What do Red, Annie Knitts and Kevin Stoley have in common? They've been busting their asses for nineteen fucking seasons and have pretty much done jackshit in terms of anything important and haven't every really received any major character development. So maybe Red has been a little more prominent in the show's more recent years, but it's high time she got her own damn episode.
Not trying to sound like a dick, but I think more people are interested in political satire at this point than childrens' stories.

Hey, we still have The Fractured But Whole, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
People still care about the kids a whole lot more than the satire, trust me. Who said the kids couldn't be representative of the satire though?
jabadi6

Postby jabadi6 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:14 am

Alright South Park fans, I'm new to the forum but have a big question. Every time they seem so close to figuring out the underlying plans of the ads, they always show the same state farm ad with Leslie and PC Principal. Next to that ad is an article entitled "US ANNOUNCES PLANS TO STRONGER TIES WITH THAILAND" followed by a seemingly foolish article. The article says "Thailand finds a new friend in Us led relations of friendship. Elephant statues of thanks to the president for making the war stop on the border between the old enemies of Thailand. The US wants to get a new elephant statue to replace the statue of a frog that thailand gave last year in a similar gesture of thanks and love for Obama and his fight against the oppressors of good relations between the US and Thailand."
Is it classic South Park humor? Or social commentary? What are your opinions?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:52 am

That was a little insane. Almost to the end, I was still expecting there to be somebody behind the ads. But nope, it's the ads themselves.
To that end, I am confused as to why Leslie, as the embodiment of the sentient ads, had PC Principal released. He was going around killing people he thought were ads; surely she would know he'd come for her as well. Unless I'm missing something, that's a significant plot hole.

Hmm, she says, "Every time you block us, we get smarter. Every time you try and stop us, we are more. If one plan fails, we will plan another."
Oh crap, that implies she wanted to be defeated by PC Principal. Because she states that she will come back smarter and more unstoppable. It might not be a plot hole after all.

There was a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode where the crew encounters a planet with no people any more. The population had been destroyed because they invented intelligent weapons that learned from their adversaries tactics and generated newer and newer versions of themselves that were harder and harder to defeat. I sense an element of that episode of TNG in the finale. The ads are the same as those weapons.

Those Obama sound bites seem like they were plucked from his national address on Sunday night.

The "gun show" was so funny and unexpected. That's one of those jokes where I can't believe I didn't think of that.
I also liked the ad absurdum joke they made about the ability of a gun to solve a problem. And I sort of nailed the scene at Jimbo's guns in the pre-air discussion. The set up was different, but there he was, doing brisk business.

The episode leaves me with some questions for next season. Stan and Kyle's little tiff seems to be over despite them not having a scene burying the hatchet. Officer Barbrady didn't get his job back yet, so will he just be citizen Barbrady next year? Will CtPaTown hang on without the Whole Foods? PC Principal sounds like he will be back, but I can't be certain. What is certain is Mr. Garrison will be the foil for all the election year craziness next season.

The arc for the season was a little tighter than last year. The strongest episode for me was Naughty Ninjas. The concept of the serialized story instead of stand alone episodes is growing on me. Now the long wait until September, as kfgg said. :lol:

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”