*2002: Skank Hunt* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*2002: Skank Hunt* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:19 am

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: SKANK HUNT
Episode #2002 Air date: September 21, 2016

Kyle’s dad manages to keep his identity as a troll a secret while he takes his on-line abuse global.
kfgg

Re: *2002: Skank Hunt* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:28 am

More continuation huh? I'll watch anyway.
Stan and Kyle :)
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:32 am

Man, I hope Gerald gets his ass kicked over this whole debacle soon! If he's gonna bully the girls, he's gonna have to go through me! Jesus Christ, are all of the girls going to commit suicide? What the fuck is going on here?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:41 am

So I'm going to guess Kyle has no idea it's his dad who is doing this?

Whoa what a mess. I hope they can finish this situation in this episode. I hope this doesn't go on all season.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:52 am

First image isn't working for me yet, for one reason or another. Might have to appreciate a description?

Heidi, don't jump!

Not much I can say yet. Hoping the press release has a bit more to the plotline so we can speculate a little more.

Here's hoping Sheila kicks Gerald's ass before this is over. She's had maybe one major role in the last decade and she was a HUGE character in the show's early days.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Nicovic

Postby Nicovic » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:12 am

Jesus Christ.... This week is going to be bizzare. Let's hope that someone will stop Gerald :/
Remember that Bass to Mouth episode ( With wikileaks ) where Kyle was able to track someone down by IP address ?
I really hope he is able to do that . :/
Deaf South Park fan. :) Feel free to make friend with me, I won't bite. :)
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:18 am

It looks like at least one of the girls will die in this episode, unfortunately. The worst part about it is the prospect of multiple girls dying and if too many of the girls are killed off, I might just have to abandon this show forever. If there's any justice in the show's universe, I hope Gerald Broflovski gets what he deserves this season: DEATH!
Nicovic

Postby Nicovic » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:26 am

nwt000 wrote:It looks like at least one of the girls will die in this episode, unfortunately. The worst part about it is the prospect of multiple girls dying and if too many of the girls are killed off, I might just have to abandon this show forever. If there's any justice in the show's universe, I hope Gerald Broflovski gets what he deserves this season: DEATH!
Exactly. It's not funny anymore :/ The sh*t is going way too serious. I am still startled at the background where Heidi is in, trying to jump off. Nobody is there to stop her. Oh Poor her :/ I hope Wendy, Bebe and other girls will be strong enough ;-; I don't want to see a lot of death of students there :/
Deaf South Park fan. :) Feel free to make friend with me, I won't bite. :)
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:40 am

You never know until you actually watch. The preview clips and images never tell much of the story. Sometimes they are completely altered by the time the show airs. They often work up until the last minute (Wednesday) and that would be on a bad day. The show has a Midday-Early Afternoon deadline on Wednesday before it's delivered to Comedy Central from Los Angeles to New York via satellite. Anytime between that, changes can, and have been made.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:42 am

kfgg wrote:You never know until you actually watch. The preview clips and images never tell much of the story. Sometimes they are completely altered by the time the show airs. They often work up until the last minute (Wednesday) and that would be on a bad day. The show has a Midday-Early Afternoon deadline on Wednesday before it's delivered to Comedy Central from Los Angeles to New York via satellite. Anytime between that, changes can, and have been made.
The press release mentions there being a "significant loss" though. That can't be a good sign, I'm worried we're going to be seeing a bloodbath here. :cry:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:48 am

Well that would be bad, m'kay. But I don't see any of the girls committing suicide over an online troll, though I know it's happened IRL. If anything, Heidi will end up in the hospital with severe injuries, much like Cartman did when PC Principal beat the sh*t out of him last year.

But I've read a thread or two that says South Park took a dark turn over the past two years, so just maybe Heidi will commit suicide, and Gerald would go down as one of the worst villains on the show for picking on girls his son's age.

Press release
"rein" should be "reign."
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:51 am

Big-Will wrote:Well that would be bad, m'kay. But I don't see any of the girls committing suicide over an online troll, though I know it's happened IRL. If anything, Heidi will end up in the hospital with severe injuries, much like Cartman did when PC Principal beat the sh*t out of him last year.

But I've read a thread or two that says South Park took a dark turn over the past two years, so just maybe Heidi will commit suicide, and Gerald would go down as one of the worst villains on the show for picking on girls his son's age.

Press release
Did you the part in the press release about the school suffering a significant loss? That almost certainly means that at least one person will die and with the way things are being framed, I fear there will be more than just a single death.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:53 am

The trolling on Twitter continues. The students of South Park Elementary have to deal with a painful loss. The boys decide they have to take down Cartman but meanwhile, Skank Hunt takes his rein of terror global. Kyle’s dad manages to keep his identity as a troll a secret while he takes his on-line abuse global.
Combined both summaries into one. Tried not to do too much splicing because sometimes the way it's written does make a difference!

I'm a lot more worried now. Here's hoping nobody actually dies...
Gerald would go down as one of the worst villains on the show for picking on girls his son's age.
If someone kills themselves over Gerald''s comments, his character will cross a line into unforgivable character, especially considering he's always been a fairly well-adjusted character. Cartman being sadistic is nothing new. I would probably care less if the focus was on Butters' Dad, since at least he's been known to be a jerk already... but it's less unexpected, obviously.

I just hope, and I know I said this last week, that Gerald was selected for a reason beyond 'Kyle vs. his Dad'.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:55 am

That press release, like all of them still offer little information about what. Last week's press release offered this: "In the premiere episode, the National Anthem gets a reboot by an American Icon."

They had a preview of that anthem, but it was pulled before it aired (if it was even supposed to air)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”