*2002: Skank Hunt* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

Re: *2002: Skank Hunt* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:56 am

Preview Clip:
"He's Getting Kinda Famous"
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/dui9ki/he ... nda-famous
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:59 am

nall wrote:Preview Clip:
Thank you!
Stan and Kyle :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:59 am

kfgg wrote:That press release, like all of them still offer little information about what. Last week's press release offered this: "In the premiere episode, the National Anthem gets a reboot by an American Icon."

They had a preview of that anthem, but it was pulled before it aired (if it was even supposed to air)
The reboot turned out to be just what you do when the Anthem played - it didn't matter: sit, stand, kneel. Only thing they didn't show was someone laying down for the Anthem. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:03 am

Thanks for the clip, I really want to torture Gerald now!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:06 am

JVM wrote:
The trolling on Twitter continues. The students of South Park Elementary have to deal with a painful loss. The boys decide they have to take down Cartman but meanwhile, Skank Hunt takes his rein of terror global. Kyle’s dad manages to keep his identity as a troll a secret while he takes his on-line abuse global.
Combined both summaries into one. Tried not to do too much splicing because sometimes the way it's written does make a difference!

I'm a lot more worried now. Here's hoping nobody actually dies...
I like mine. :)
The students of South Park Elementary have to deal with a painful loss, and the boys decide they have to take Cartman down. Kyle’s dad manages to keep his identity as a troll a secret while SkankHunt42 takes his reign of terror global.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Nicovic

Postby Nicovic » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:07 am

What's wrong with adults :/ First Chef, then Randy as PC , and now Gerald :/ Why always adults, especially parents of children :/
Ugh, now everytime i see him, i want to smack the sh*t outta his face
Deaf South Park fan. :) Feel free to make friend with me, I won't bite. :)
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:12 am

Decent preview clip. Thanks Nall!

Gerald seems to think of what he's doing as harmless fun... which makes me wonder how he'll feel when his actions have a serious consequence. Perhaps it'll be just the wake-up call skankhunt42 needs... it's curious how Ike will feel, but surely when Gerald finds out Kyle hates skunkhunt42...

I hope we see this "big parent meeting at the school", and I'm really f*cking hopeful we get to see the mothers standing up for themselves and their kids. Sheila usually organized PTA meetings in older episodes, although we usually focused on teachers and a certain geologist more recently... but 'wondermom11' has me clued in. Either way, I'm hopeful we learn more about the moms, or get some good lines, or whatever.

I'm hopeful, but if nwt000 is right and this is a gendercide, know I'll be as pissed as him. Not expecting more than one death though. Hoping it's not one of the girls I've imprinted traits on- oh f*ck, too late.
What's wrong with adults :/ First Chef, then Randy as PC , and now Gerald :/ Why always adults, especially parents of children :/
America has a comedic obsession with patriarchal figures - i.e. fathers with children, usually - acting like bad role models. I personally think the trend is past it's pinnacle, but M&T still engage in it quite regularly. I personally find it unfortunate that South Park lacks a level-headed adult to balance everything out... Sharon fills the role sometimes, and it's nice when he does, but it's a bit irregular.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:16 am

I hope Gerald stops acting like a dick, at the moment he is one of my favourite adult characters.Can't see the clip until it gets posted on South Park Facebook page later today.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Parker and Stone have decided to continue with the Gerald online bullying. I think everyone has said every to say so far. It seems someone will be dying. No mention of the member berries, is that a dead plot device or will it pop back up at some point this season?

I don’t think the show will lose Gerald but lots of the girl characters could be killed off. The Simpsons killed off Ned Flanders’s wife though. Is a fake pic of you with a dick in your mouth worth killing yourself over? So will skankhunt gain popularity after a character and probably a girl kills herself?

I hope people in these forums can realize this is just a show and not to go crazy if some of the girl characters commit suicide.

Now will there be more internet bullies or will Gerald be the only one or will he join a group of them? I’ve only heard the idea that Gerald is doing it because of member berries. I’ve put out because he is a dirty Jew. Like JVM said there is WonderMom11. So it could be her or another mom that may fight online or in person with Gerald. Maybe Gerald is doing it for some fetish to go up against Sheila as it gives him an erection to take away her power as she is a bigger women and must be hard to get a hard on for. Maybe Gerald has erectile dysfunction and being skankhunt gets him hard or makes him feel better?

I guess we will see celebrities being bullied by Gerald in this one and that the celebs will kill themselves also.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Ratchet1996

Postby Ratchet1996 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:37 pm

I know as much as anybody, but something tells me we might get one of the more serious and dramatic episodes this week. (Or, OFC Matt and Trey are just teasing us, nobody will die and the pay off of the Heidi scene will be similar to Ike jumping out of the window in "About Last Night". It might be even the same river that the Italian Tooth mafia tried to drown Kenny in Tooth Fairy's Tats 2000, and the screenshot might be purposely selected to trick us, while in the episode the shot from this camera angle will be less than a second long. Still not ruling the possibility that even in those circumstances Heidi might get some serious injuries, like Butters last year. though :( )

Btw. I am really curious how the boys want to track the troll down. If they will somehow be able to find out from where the posts were send then it might be bad news for Kyle. Maybe the scene where he warned Cartman that he will be all on his own if it turned out he was the troll was just foreshadowing for this week.
peggay18

Postby peggay18 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:05 pm

JamesPup wrote:I’ve put out because he is a dirty Jew.
@Big Will: Can you give this antisemitic BS poster a warning?
John_117

Postby John_117 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:24 pm

JVM wrote:America has a comedic obsession with patriarchal figures - i.e. fathers with children, usually - acting like bad role models. I personally think the trend is past it's pinnacle, but M&T still engage in it quite regularly. I personally find it unfortunate that South Park lacks a level-headed adult to balance everything out... Sharon fills the role sometimes, and it's nice when he does, but it's a bit irregular.
Because if you reverse the genders - if the mom is the idiot and the dad is the wise one - then everyone will think it's sexist. Vicious double standard indeed, I know.
MissMakesmesick90

Postby MissMakesmesick90 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:02 pm

It makes absolutely no sense for Gerald's motives to be part of some Jewish conspiracy. Why are people saying that? First of all, in case you forgot, Kyle, one of the main characters, is himself Jewish and therefore this being a Jewish conspiracy would imply that Kyle has some knowledge about it? Which, clearly he doesn't.

I'm concerned that immediately jumping to the conclusion that it must be a Jewish conspiracy is alluding to your own views, in which case you ought to know that this show has only ever made fun of antisemitic and racist people, and are in fact mocking your views, not validating them. Also Matt Stone's mother is Jewish, which according to Judaism, makes Matt Jewish by proxy. This isn't the show for you. If you want tv to validate your racism, might I suggest Fox News instead?
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Trey and Matt can take the rest of the week off - they've already pissed some people off this week. :)
I don’t think the show will lose Gerald but lots of the girl characters could be killed off.
I guess we will see celebrities being bullied by Gerald in this one and that the celebs will kill themselves also.
Where on Earth is everyone getting the assumption it's going to be multiple characters? The press release says "a significant loss" - that is vague and could allude to several things.
I hope people in these forums can realize this is just a show and not to go crazy if some of the girl characters commit suicide.
These construction paper kids have effects on people, myself included. I won't likely be crying Wednesday night, but I think we'll all be fine after some blankets and cocoa at worst.
I’ve put out because he is a dirty Jew.
Thanks to the new GIPHY channel.
Like JVM said there is WonderMom11. So it could be her or another mom that may fight online or in person with Gerald. Maybe Gerald is doing it for some fetish to go up against Sheila as it gives him an erection to take away her power as she is a bigger women and must be hard to get a hard on for. Maybe Gerald has erectile dysfunction and being skankhunt gets him hard or makes him feel better?
It's been a long time since Sheila's been in action but she's pretty liberal and I doubt she would be OK with Gerald doing this to anyone, much less ten-year-old girls. I expect her to kick his ass when she finds out, and I look forward to it. It'd be fun to see Sheila meet PC Principal as well.
Because if you reverse the genders - if the mom is the idiot and the dad is the wise one - then everyone will think it's sexist. Vicious double standard indeed, I know.
There's an issue there, but that can't be the whole story. Consider The Fairly Odd Parents which portrays both parental figures as incredibly stupid and neither wise - and yet, prefers vastly to focus on Mr. Turner. Something about patriarchal figures being stupid tickles some kind of deep-set funny bone.

Let's talk about what's really important - where's Officer Barbrady? Is his dog okay? I need answers!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Okay well if people just want to talk to me we can do that in a thread for that purpose. For me the show hasn’t really done Jewish conspiracies and so I really will and do see it as a great future plot. Also not all Jews have the same political views. There can Jews in ever country on earth just about too and some choose the left and some the right in some in between. There are Right Wing Jews and some that carry out hate crimes against the Palestinians which is something the show joked on with Ginger Cow. So it makes sense that ‘yes’ some Jews can be bad guys and when bad guys gather there can be conspiring’s a foot. I don’t know what is happening with Kyle or Gerald completely as there could be characters acting and so one of these actually could be a bad guy but I would agree that doesn’t sound very plausible.

South Park has make fun of all views and not just against anti-Semitic and racist peoples. The show has put down overweight men and women a lot and disabled peoples. I am aware this show is a comedy and usually has things end realistically to where the town is active at a point that could again fit into real American life. I like the show and its portrayal of all types of people and even anti-Semitic people. Actually lots of younger people that may have some antiemetic views really like the show even if the main racist is LGBTQ sometimes and fat being Cartman. You do know that 1 in 8 people living on earth rate now identifies as anti-Semitic, right?

I find that the show does validate my views yet humbles also by making sure there are no safe spaces or characters for people to hide behind. I used to feel people that wanted to be like Stan had too much of a cake walk as Stan was never put down and always won and never got into fights that he lost.

I don’t really like Matt Stone that much but I don’t’ hate him enough to not watch this show. I really enjoy his voice work and I would guess he helps sometimes with the writing of the scripts and so I respect his contributions to helping to create the show South Park. I know Matt has half Jewish blood as far as I know but he is an atheist now I think. I like this show and this is my fictitious TV show I like to watch so too bad to you.

I love the news and I do watch Fox News but I like CNN also. I like to read 7 news sites online daily also. Its transparent of you to say fox news fans are racist as it says you are a democrat that is hateful of other people’s political views. You can’t be serious if you say Fox News is anti-Semitic. Fox News is just conservative and if I wanted the racism I am going to guess I can just eat some member berries!

I do hope to learn to draw better and do creative writing and to learn to animate my own cartoons. I will just do it as a fun hobby on the weekend. So if I need validation of my views I can create my own cartoons to do so. Still I am not only going to do that. I want to make what I want but also what others want and also what sells. I know no one ever makes money do this but for me it is something I can just do for fun.

If people want to talk anymore to me about something off topic to this thread or another one why don't we have a new thread created to have our chats in then, no?
What seems to be the officer problem?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”