*2002: Skank Hunt* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MissMakesmesick90

Re: *2002: Skank Hunt* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby MissMakesmesick90 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Well I think what I said was relevant to the discussion, since you are convinced that Gerald is acting out of line because he is Jewish, rather than because he is simply an awful individual. When other characters on the show act like bad people do you bring their religion into it? So why this time?

I don't see what point you are trying to make by saying 1 in 8 people ID as antisemitic...it doesn't make it OK to be antisemitic....

I mean I'm not gonna stop you from watching the show, but just bear in mind it's not on your side. And yes, Matt is an atheist, but was brought into the world by a Jewish woman, and the show wouldn't exist without him, Trey has said many times.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:17 pm

JVM wrote:Trey and Matt can take the rest of the week off - they've already pissed some people off this week. :)
I don’t think the show will lose Gerald but lots of the girl characters could be killed off.
I guess we will see celebrities being bullied by Gerald in this one and that the celebs will kill themselves also.
Where on Earth is everyone getting the assumption it's going to be multiple characters? The press release says "a significant loss" - that is vague and could allude to several things.
My mistake, it's not a "significant loss", but rather a "painful loss". It sounds pretty ominous, but then again, Trey and Matt love coming up with these vague and somewhat misleading descriptions for episodes, and I definitely hope that this would be the case here.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:29 pm

Could be Principal Victoria, which won't involve Gerald at all. Gerald is just in it to be Milo. ;)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Female345

Postby Female345 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:07 pm

If the "Gerald being an online troll" storyline doesn't continue into next week's ep. Sheila and or the other South Park women needs to kick his butt.
purple angel 87

Postby purple angel 87 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:44 am

It's still a bit shocking that Kyle's dad is the troll. I wonder what Kyle will do when he finds out in this episode or later on.

The "painful loss", is it really Heidi or one of the other girls? I wonder how they'll get through it and what they'll do afterwards, especially Wendy.

(Question: is Season 20 gonna be a tie into "The Fractured But Whole"? Is it possible that Coon and Friends may show up in this season? Could this bring in "Call Girl" aka Wendy in her superhero persona?)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:28 am

Big-Will wrote:Could be Principal Victoria, which won't involve Gerald at all. Gerald is just in it to be Milo. ;)
South Park having Milo Yiannopoulos would be great. But Yiannopoulos is gay so I don't know how that would work. It will have to be up to why Gerald being Skankhunt42. I think Garrison and Jenner would like Yiannopoulos, their into fags.
What seems to be the officer problem?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:12 am

I don't think their actions have anything to do with sexual orentation.

They can take all of Milo's crap and parody it without even using the sexual orientation of that British (I think he's British) Trump Supporting troll.

That said, Trump supporter. Gerald could be Garrison's Milo.
Stan and Kyle :)
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:52 am

JamesPup wrote:South Park having Milo Yiannopoulos would be great. But Yiannopoulos is gay so I don't know how that would work. It will have to be up to why Gerald being Skankhunt42. I think Garrison and Jenner would like Yiannopoulos, their into fags.
Are all gay people "fags" to you? And how would it not work, exactly?

All it takes is someone to tip me off about this idiocy to make me go back on my word about never setting my cursor on this site again. But I'm almost drawn to this ridiculousness because I feel so compelled to lash out at it.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:49 pm

Niels0827 wrote:
JamesPup wrote:South Park having Milo Yiannopoulos would be great. But Yiannopoulos is gay so I don't know how that would work. It will have to be up to why Gerald being Skankhunt42. I think Garrison and Jenner would like Yiannopoulos, their into fags.
Are all gay people "fags" to you? And how would it not work, exactly?

All it takes is someone to tip me off about this idiocy to make me go back on my word about never setting my cursor on this site again. But I'm almost drawn to this ridiculousness because I feel so compelled to lash out at it.
If you had followed Big-Will's link it shows that Yiannopoulos has a tour bus that says right on it "The Dangerous Faggo*t Tour" which he goes on a tour to promote right wing views and I'm guessing homosexuality. Also I do like to use the term fag as Mamont used to like to use it and he is gay. Also I just like to use the word, its funny. I'm not hearing any gays saying they have an issue so who cares?

I see Yiannopoulos mainly as a gay man who is right wing or this alt right he likes to call it. Add in with Milo that he hacked/bullied Leslie Jones and that is what I know of him. I guess just his online bullying can be focused on but he only did it once. I see 'if' Gerald is shown to be right wing like from the member berries than its coming into focus but that hasn't happened. It would be funny if Gerard ends up gay though. That would add to the believability to me.

We have been told that celebrities will be bullied and others than the PTA website mothers. All we have is Gerald attacks women and I think it has only been mothers. So maybe we should look into what mothers would Gerald be going after, Yiannopoulos attacked Leslie Jones who doesn't have any kids but Milo still could use a place in the episode but I just don't think that Gerald should be modeled completely after Milo, it seems like a whole lot more character change than people can take.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:08 pm

Milo is just the most famous troll (and Gerald is excited about getting pretty famous), and his trolling of Leslie Jones fits in with the Ghostbusters references last week, but Gerald would just represent trolls in general.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:44 pm

I have a couple new theories as to what the "painful loss" at South Park Elementary could be that don't relate to anybody dying. My first guess is that the students are banned from using their phones in school, barred from using social media altogether or maybe even both, as it would prevent anybody from both bullying other people over the internet or becoming victims of online bullying. It would also be a strategy to try to get skankhunt42 to stop flaming everybody at school, which obviously won't work since Gerald is skankhunt42. My other theory as to what the "painful loss" may be is the removal of headphone jacks from the iPhone, beginning with this past Friday's release of the iPhone 7. Many people were up in arms about the move, including yours truly, as many people like the security of a device being plugged into something when the proper opportunity is given. Many of the kids use iPhones themselves, and with the removal of the headphone jack, they may not know how they will be able to carry on with listening to whatever is playing on their iPhones without the rest of the world having to hear it. Hopefully, it's one of these things or something else just as benign that the kids are mourning as opposed to the more literal and morbid option. Knowing Matt and Trey though, they probably won't be going with the most obvious option (the death of a student) because they like to surprise people and having Gerald driving Heidi or any other of the girls to committing suicide would have absolutely have no comedic value and probably cause a great deal of outrage that would give this show some extremely unflattering attention from the mass media.
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:33 am

James Pup, try to cut it back a bit over here. The slurs and conspiracy stuff are not technically against any rules of the site, but it's not adding to the conversation and borders on derailment, and it's making the board look bad to non-members.

Anyhow, my main theory right now is that Heidi will attempt suicide and survive but it creates a dark cloud and serious consequences for the school, ala "Bass to Mouth", such as removal of the school message board or removal of some privileges like computers or smartphones. 'Painful loss' has a double meaning there - to refer to the near loss of the student (or, by new rules, temporary loss could be possible) and the loss of the privilege. PC Principal will not be happy.

I hope the anti-Randy fans appreciate he's not been seen or mentioned in the press stuff so far, although I'm confident we'll see him on Wednesday. Gotta follow up on those memberberries.
Knowing Matt and Trey though, they probably won't be going with the most obvious option (the death of a student) because they like to surprise people and having Gerald driving Heidi or any other of the girls to committing suicide would have absolutely have no comedic value and probably cause a great deal of outrage that would give this show some extremely unflattering attention from the mass media.
I don't want any of the girls to die, you know that better than anyone, but if I play Devil's Advocate, if they really played it for the maximum tragedy, it could be spun as a positive, if the viewers actually take it as a sad and dramatic moment, and if it drives the storyline. Compare the ending to "The Hobbit", which seemed to be misread by many as somehow comedic, even though at the very least, the music seems to suggest the tragic interpretation, and most people who assume the latter are those who generally find it a strong episode. Sure would be ironic for a show that largely has validated teasing as part of growing up though.

I hope they go for a surprise or take a clever spin in another direction myself.

EDIT: Made edits to Heidi Turner's page on the wiki in anticipation of tonight's developments. Let's all try to appreciate her, just in case something might happen. Here's hoping it's just the first of lots of new developments for her! :)
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:48 pm

This image with Heidi Turner is straight out of "It's a Wonderful Life"; the famous Jimmy Stewart movie from the 40's where he sees what life would be like if he were never born.

It's from the scene where his character, George Bailey, is contemplating suicide after running into massive money problems.

It might just be a superficial reference, but you never know when they will go for the full on spoof of something in pop culture, so interpret this information as you will. ;)

You read it! You can't unread it!
John_117

Postby John_117 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:51 pm

There's many reasons why one might be standing on top of a railing overlooking a bridge. The most obvious answer, of course, would be Heidi in the process of committing suicide. However, M&T like to pull strings on us to get us riled up.

How many of you seriously expected Member Berries to be literal berries? I jokingly brought it up before it aired, but I too didn't seriously think Member Berries were literal berries.

One possibility is Heidi watching her own mother commit suicide. Maybe her mom could be that "painful loss" (and to be honest, I don't think many people will care about Heidi's mom dying). Maybe Heidi could try to follow her mom's footsteps, but ultimately she gets talked out or decides against it.

Maybe Heidi actually jumps off but survives the fall - well. And she ends up in some other town.

M&T have also pulled ideas before airing too - this is demonstrated with the lack of the Colin Kaepernick anthem being played when Member Berries is aired. I don't know, I'm just trying to see this rationally. Of course though, when it airs in a few hours, we shall ultimately see.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:36 pm

John_117 wrote:There's many reasons why one might be standing on top of a railing overlooking a bridge. The most obvious answer, of course, would be Heidi in the process of committing suicide. However, M&T like to pull strings on us to get us riled up.

How many of you seriously expected Member Berries to be literal berries? I jokingly brought it up before it aired, but I too didn't seriously think Member Berries were literal berries.

One possibility is Heidi watching her own mother commit suicide. Maybe her mom could be that "painful loss" (and to be honest, I don't think many people will care about Heidi's mom dying). Maybe Heidi could try to follow her mom's footsteps, but ultimately she gets talked out or decides against it.

Maybe Heidi actually jumps off but survives the fall - well. And she ends up in some other town.

M&T have also pulled ideas before airing too - this is demonstrated with the lack of the Colin Kaepernick anthem being played when Member Berries is aired. I don't know, I'm just trying to see this rationally. Of course though, when it airs in a few hours, we shall ultimately see.
Perhaps her mom is the PTA president or wondermom11 and kills herself over the hurtful photos Gerald edited of her with penises in her mouth. That could potentially be the loss as well because she could have brought a lot of great stuff to the school and it's students. I really hope Heidi or any of the other girls die in this one, I'm already pretty startled by the way things have been laid out for this episode via the press material, I hope Trey and Matt are just trying to get everybody up in arms about this episode.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”