*2002: Skank Hunt* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *2002: Skank Hunt* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:05 am

LOL, the way Mr. Mackey talks about Heidi and she's RIGHT THERE!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:11 am

Okay, last post on this matter.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:33 am

That music near the end was from Black Hawk Down, IIRC.

I liked this episode more than last week's.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:19 am

Heavy episode. I was a little disappointed Fatass didn't come to physical harm, but I did enjoy seeing the rest of the guys united against him even if for the wrong specific reason.

The mass break-up was an amazing scene. Bit of a nod to the Peloponnesian War perhaps, where legend has it the women withheld sex to get the men to end the fighting.

Gerald did nothing to make himself more sympathetic. I don't know that his character will ever recover from these episodes in my mind. Unless they find a tumor in his brain, or an alien probe in his ass Gerald Brovfloski has become an irredeemable character. Such a sudden turn for him. It was off putting. You let yourself become an adult Fatass, Kyle's Dad. I hope he gets beat up by woman. With a dildo. In the face.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:23 am

Well he's married to just the woman to exact that punishment on him. :D
triplemultiplex wrote:Bit of a nod to the Peloponnesian War perhaps, where legend has it the women withheld sex to get the men to end the fighting.
It's Lysistrata, a Greek comedy about the women withholding sex to get the men to end the fighting.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:27 am

Or Gerald gets gang rape by angry women with dildos (a la Cannibal Holocaust)
XV_Spaz

Postby XV_Spaz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:47 am

Am I the only one that noticed the shadow of the troll in Geralds room after the breaking news?

Seems that maybe the troll has possessed Gerald and maybe an exorcism in his near future? haha.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:53 am

I really liked this episode am I the only one who felt slightly sorry for Cartman? I know he has had it coming but hey. Gerald needs taking down a peg or two in the next episode. Scott Malkinson Threatening to quit Twitter went on a bit just do it already. Powerful ending with girls breaking up with the boys looking forward to see what happens next.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:27 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Gerald did nothing to make himself more sympathetic. I don't know that his character will ever recover from these episodes in my mind. Unless they find a tumor in his brain, or an alien probe in his ass Gerald Brovfloski has become an irredeemable character. Such a sudden turn for him. It was off putting. You let yourself become an adult Fatass, Kyle's Dad. I hope he gets beat up by woman. With a dildo. In the face.
Other episodes over the years gave us similar comments, such as whether the character will ever recover. They did. And continue to recover. Can you say: "The next episode?" Or in the case of these season long story arcs, "The next season?"

Who else noticed the gmail account of Skankhunt42? Look at these interests of skank hunt:

1. Your friendly neighborhood carwash
2. Ikea furniture
3. Jewish Middle-Aged Man Monthly
4. South Park Community

:lol:

kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:46 am

Takes awhile for me to think. Kinda gloomy. I hope it's less gloomy next week.
Stan and Kyle :)
ssjup81

Postby ssjup81 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Wow, just watched this ep. It was a really good one...but I still can't help but wonder what in the world is going to happen when Sheila and Kyle find out that Gerald was Skankhunt 42 the whole time. Shelia better go "Jersey" on him. lol

Anyway, it sucks that Kenny wasn't actively in this episode and man....just like the beginning of last season, I totally felt bad for Cartman after the boys attacked his stuff at the cabin. Guess it's karma for all the crap he's done in the past, but the boys do owe him an apology and I personally think that Kyle will be the one to do it, if they show them apologizing since it's Kyle's character and he seems to feel guilt more easily in general compared to the other characters (the TP ep comes to mind). Oh!!! How is Cartman going to react when he finds out it's Kyle's dad? Oh man! I hope Cartman gets him back. lol

I understand why the girls were upset, but there is something I wish Kyle would've done, at least. Kyle was open and adamant on finding out who Skankhunt 42 is. I wish he would've said this in front of the girls or to them. Hm, Stan could've even mentioned it to Wendy ("We're trying to take care of it and find him.") or something. Then again, I hate the way Wendy and Stan are in the show since they got back together in season 12 or 13 or whatever. They don't show the two interacting unless it's for plot reasons. Well, at least Wendy was hesitant on doing it, so that must mean the relationship is...erm...was ok.

Okay, that aside, what in the world is the next episode going to be about. Hope Kenny'll be around for it. I miss him having a speaking role. Also kind of curious who his girlfriend was. lol
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:38 pm

it was so strange. basically the same gag over and over for around 15 minutes (not being on social networks is like dying nowadays), then the girls' attack and the war between denmark and kyle's father. after watching the episode, i feel like i don't understand whether it was just a bit dull or it is paving the way to some great episodes to come. that is why i really cannot rate it just now, i want to understand and see what is coming next.

and is Gerald really trolling just for the heck of it? however, the children mourning heidi's "death" while she was just sitting there with them was funny. also, i didn't see tweak anywhere, didn't i pay enough attention or was he actually missing?
ssjup81 wrote:Also kind of curious who his girlfriend was. lol
maybe still the fifth grader from "The Ring" episode? south park usually respects continuity (although kenny's death at the end of that episode might have ended that relationship)
He is the record!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:47 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:Gerald did nothing to make himself more sympathetic. I don't know that his character will ever recover from these episodes in my mind. Unless they find a tumor in his brain, or an alien probe in his ass Gerald Brovfloski has become an irredeemable character. Such a sudden turn for him. It was off putting. You let yourself become an adult Fatass, Kyle's Dad. I hope he gets beat up by woman. With a dildo. In the face.
Other episodes over the years gave us similar comments, such as whether the character will ever recover. They did. And continue to recover. Can you say: "The next episode?" Or in the case of these season long story arcs, "The next season?"
I dunno, man. I used to love Eric Cartman as a character, but he finally racked up enough sh*tty things he's done to where I hate Fatass and relish everything bad that happens to him. I remember the moment he crossed that line, too. When Fatass pulled a gun on Kyle near the end of Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow over that stupid "Jew gold" thing. After that, I started to hate him, not just root against him. Fatass became an irredeemable character and when something goes his way, it pisses me off a tiny bit.
Big-Will wrote:It's Lysistrata, a Greek comedy about the women withholding sex to get the men to end the fighting.
Ah, that's right. And that right there is how myths and fictional stories can blend into "fact".

You read it! You can't unread it!
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:08 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... rataGambit

Now I don't know how I feel about this episode to be honest. There were a few funny parts, such as the everyone being on twitter during Heidi's "funeral", but it was pretty sad to watch, and the breakup of Stan and Wendy is sad. But the comedy was a bit spare to be honest, so I'm gonna have to say 7/10.
ssjup81

Postby ssjup81 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:47 pm

I was talking about this on another message board, and one person pointed out how well Stan was taking his break up with Wendy. Personally, it just feels like he was in shock and we already had an "emo Stan" situation from years ago I'm sure many wouldn't want to see revisited. That was my reason why Stan wasn't all dramatic and stuff...but, as I pointed out too, Wendy was hesitant when at the meeting. That poster mentioned how Wendy was the "weak link".

IF there's going to be a war (Girls vs Boys), maybe Stan and Wendy will be the ones to try and fix everything. Wendy was hesitant. There has to be a reason why out of all of the girls, they used Wendy for that...so yeah, maybe that'll lead to something.
XV_Spaz wrote:Am I the only one that noticed the shadow of the troll in Geralds room after the breaking news?

Seems that maybe the troll has possessed Gerald and maybe an exorcism in his near future? haha.
I was trying to figure out an explanation for that, but that does make sense. Gerald is possessed. Gerald's one of the more level-headed characters of the show. It is strange that he'd just randomly troll people. I will assume that there's definitely a connection between that and whoever brought Memberberries to South Park.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”