*2003: The Damned* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*2003: The Damned* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:36 am

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: THE DAMNED
Episode #2003 Air date: September 28, 2016

Gerald is thrilled with the media attention as he continues to troll everyone and anyone.
zzyzx 2

Re: *2003: The Damned* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:43 am

Sounds like Gerald is getting what he wants: attention!

Sounds like the next logical step in this saga.

But what or who is "the damned"? The boys for breaking Cartman's devices at the cabin? Only Wednesday's night episode will reveal!

Looking forward to "The Damned." :)
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:00 am

Boy, with a vague title like "The Damned" just about anything could happen in this episode. I wonder who exactly "The Damned" might be here. Maybe it's Cartman and Heidi since their social media accounts are gone and they're pretty much dead to everybody? That's just my guess for right now, as more evidence in the form of a press release, teaser images and a preview clip may shed some more light on who or what "The Damned" refers to or maybe not, you never really know with the misleading nature of South Park's press materials.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:17 am

Like last week, no speculation from me. I'll just wait and see.
Stan and Kyle :)
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:39 am

Looking forward to more detail. Pretty vague so far, understandably. We all know Matt and Trey hate releasing details. :)

I would assume the 'damned' are either the now-single fourth grade boys, melodramatically 'damned' to loneliness, or the exiled Cartman, Heidi and possibly Scott. Would love to see the latter group teaming up. Those first two have something of a history together after all. Could be interesting to see a different group, but we don't want the story to get bloated.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:43 am

JVM wrote:Looking forward to more detail. Pretty vague so far, understandably. We all know Matt and Trey hate releasing details. :)

I would assume the 'damned' are either the now-single fourth grade boys, melodramatically 'damned' to loneliness, or the exiled Cartman, Heidi and possibly Scott. Would love to see the latter group teaming up. Those first two have something of a history together after all. Could be interesting to see a different group, but we don't want the story to get bloated.
Ya know, having Scott get in on being part of the exiled kids trying to bring down skankhunt42 actually might not be a bad idea. At the very least, he could be Cartman and Heidi's venting post/whipping boy. The cops are on to Gerald, eh? This could get pretty interesting!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:52 am

The way both the police officers and Gerald are looking in the distance, I would say that Sheila called the police about the troll, and Gerald is acting all innocent about it. From press image 2:

Or, the police are here for Kyle to investigate the vandalism of Cartman's devices.
Last edited by zzyzx 2 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:54 am

Two very similar mages. Let's have some fun with that.

First image... Gerald is all smiley at the computer and looks like he's waving. Maybe he's streaming or Skyping? Talking to another troll? Who could that be? Still, it's a progression. I'd say he's doing a media interview, but obviously, his identity has to remain a secret or else he will cease to be a symbol...

Second image... Gerald is looking up somewhat unconcerned as Captain Barkley and an unamed officer stand at the door looking in the same direction... it seems like maybe they're not at the house to bust him. Perhaps they suspect another Broflovski, or they're questioning him in relation to something else?

Eagerly await fuller release and preview clip.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:58 am

The first image is no surprise. Gerald is very pleased with himself in his role of being a troll, and is probably watching reaction to his posts, be it on social media or elsewhere:

Nicovic

Postby Nicovic » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:14 am

The first image with Gerald enjoying his troll time is nothing new. But the title o episode " The damned" Is making me feeling that's Cartman thing. I hope it won't take too long to find Gerald :/ It would be weird if all the season would be focused on one plot. I have feelings that Kyle, Stan and the rest of boys are actually damned. On the second picture, i am guessing that the direction they are looking at is Kyle, who feels really bad about the thing he has done, and he confesses to it. I think that the whole episode will actually have time to resolve Gerald's problem thing.
Deaf South Park fan. :) Feel free to make friend with me, I won't bite. :)
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:18 am

The police are investigating Cartman’s mysterious disappearance on social media. Gerald enjoys more media attention as Skank Hunt 42 continues to troll everyone and anyone. Meanwhile Garrison is getting ready for the Presidential debate.
Hopefully the episode can keep itself together with all three plots.

EDIT: New thoughts
- Investigating Cartman's disappearance... well, his stuff was disappeared at Jimbo's Cabin. Might be a nice opportunity to give Jimbo and Ned something to do, if only be questioned by police or be misblamed.
- The Police... wonder how much we'll actually see of them, and Yates... wonder if there'll be a nod to Barbrady.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:05 am

Hopefully it will be another good episode.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:11 am

Preview Clip - it's much longer than usual. :)
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/nype5s/do ... this-child
Nicovic

Postby Nicovic » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:15 am

nall wrote:Preview Clip - it's much longer than usual. :)
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/nype5s/do ... this-child
The police Gerald about Cartman’s disappearance from Twitter.
I guess someone made a mistake in clip's synopsis. XD

And about the preview. Those Gerald's expressions on his face when he opened the doors. He got scared. Yay . Let's hope that it will give him a lesson. Or maybe not. Let's just hope that the whole Gerald thing won't fill up the whole season.
Deaf South Park fan. :) Feel free to make friend with me, I won't bite. :)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”